LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8668 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by BR0B0T » 16 Sep 2017 17:08

and tbf to the two others Matip is lucky he doesn't have an L or R in his surname

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Sep 2017 17:34

BR0B0T and tbf to the two others Matip is lucky he doesn't have an L or R in his surname

Obsessed ...Kes or son of Kes or Kes' boyfriend , whoever you are.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Sep 2017 17:44

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T and tbf to the two others Matip is lucky he doesn't have an L or R in his surname

Obsessed ...Kes or son of Kes or Kes' boyfriend , whoever you are.

8)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Sep 2017 23:46

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Sep 2017 08:32

Failing to address central defence is already coming back to haunt Klopp. He's had a bit of the Wengers about his approach to this - that if he couldn't get Van Dijk then 'no-one else is better than what we have.' He's been working with Lovren for two years and Matip and Klavan for one. At some point you have to realise that whatever their ability on paper, you evidently can't coach those particular players to do the job you want. Lovren the bizarre one for me - he and Fonte looked awesome at Southampton. Leads me to wonder if Liverpool's actual defensive problem is the lack of a true anchor in midfield. It should be Can, he has all the attributes, but it isn't the role he wants to play.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Sep 2017 16:59

Sanguine Failing to address central defence is already coming back to haunt Klopp. He's had a bit of the Wengers about his approach to this - that if he couldn't get Van Dijk then 'no-one else is better than what we have.' He's been working with Lovren for two years and Matip and Klavan for one. At some point you have to realise that whatever their ability on paper, you evidently can't coach those particular players to do the job you want. Lovren the bizarre one for me - he and Fonte looked awesome at Southampton. Leads me to wonder if Liverpool's actual defensive problem is the lack of a true anchor in midfield. It should be Can, he has all the attributes, but it isn't the role he wants to play.

It's more about the way they play than the individuals IMO.

Also, a point made by someone on the radio, the defence is always getting a shoeing but with all the pressure and chances that Liverpool create by flooding men forward they really should be putting teams to the sword before any defensive slips come back to haunt them.

I watched the first 45 minutes last night and 3-0 really wouldn't have flattered Liverpool. I didn't watch the second half but it sounds like it was a completely different game after half time, but it should've been game over by then.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Sep 2017 23:31

All the big teams safely through the first round!

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 21 Sep 2017 12:37

BR0B0T All the big teams safely through the first round!

That would be:-
Chelsea at home to a lower level side
Arsenal at home to a lower level side
Spurs at home to a lower level side
Man Utd at home to a lower level side
Everton at home to a lower level side
Man City-whoever they play is below their level

So that leaves Liverpool playing away to the Premier League Champions of 2015/16 as the only big team not to get through so you are wrong there....fact. :)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Sep 2017 12:39

BR2

So that leaves Liverpool playing away to the Premier League Champions of 2015/16 as the only big team not to get through so you are wrong there....fact. :)

err... :? ...Leicester (prem league champions 15/16) got through m8

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 21 Sep 2017 12:42

BR0B0T
BR2

err... :? ...Leicester (prem league champions 15/16) got through m8

:D

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 21 Sep 2017 13:11

MC Grinder
BR2

Whoever Man City play is below their level? You're right if you exclude Chelsea from that. (and even Spurs finished above them last season.)

I'm on about the here and now Kes when City are just miles better than anybody else.
You are the one that always derided history so your stance here is a bit strange.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Oct 2017 09:54

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 15 Oct 2017 16:12

terrible game at the weekend....Mourinho park the bus tactics made for a dull game

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Oct 2017 08:39

BR0B0T terrible game at the weekend....Mourinho park the bus tactics made for a dull game

Absolute worldie from De Gea though to keep it at 0-0.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 16 Oct 2017 13:46

BR0B0T terrible game at the weekend....Mourinho park the bus tactics made for a dull game

And Lukaku showing yet again why Mourinho didn't mind him leaving Chelsea.
Having said that, if he carries on scoring loads of goals against the lesser sides it should keep Man Utd in with a shout of a top 6 finish again.
BTW I remember sticking up for De Gea when he first came here, after seeing him play brilliantly for Athletico Madrid, when everybody seemed to be saying that he wasn't very good and although he plays for Man Utd I am very much a fan.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 18 Oct 2017 11:06

I notice Liverpool scraped through last night and are now amazingly at the top of the group.
You never know, they might even get through to the next round.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 20 Oct 2017 12:00

BR2

And Lukaku showing yet again why Mourinho didn't mind him leaving Chelsea.
Having said that, if he carries on scoring loads of goals against the lesser sides it should keep Man Utd in with a shout of a top 6 finish again.
BTW I remember sticking up for De Gea when he first came here, after seeing him play brilliantly for Athletico Madrid, when everybody seemed to be saying that he wasn't very good and although he plays for Man Utd I am very much a fan.

De Gea is the best keeper in the world for me.

In terms of Mourinho parking the bus, this wasn't really a surprise and its up to Klopp and Liverpool to formulate a way of breaking United down

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Oct 2017 17:04

Dear me Spurs have pretty much humiliated them.
Kane will be at Madrid next season as Benzemas replacement, probably the transfer fee alone will pay for a huge chunk of that new stadium.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 22 Oct 2017 20:10

Sanguine Failing to address central defence is already coming back to haunt Klopp. He's had a bit of the Wengers about his approach to this - that if he couldn't get Van Dijk then 'no-one else is better than what we have.' He's been working with Lovren for two years and Matip and Klavan for one. At some point you have to realise that whatever their ability on paper, you evidently can't coach those particular players to do the job you want. Lovren the bizarre one for me - he and Fonte looked awesome at Southampton. Leads me to wonder if Liverpool's actual defensive problem is the lack of a true anchor in midfield. It should be Can, he has all the attributes, but it isn't the role he wants to play.

I really enjoyed Neville's expert summaries this afternoon. Sky employees usually hold off a little when it comes to criticising the big teams, so it was great to hear somebody really sticking it to Liverpool, their flaky defensive players, their misguided manager and their short-sided board. I hadn't realised he was basing what he said an on a 1-month old hobnob post.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2017 09:18

Still think Liverpool should've taken £100m+ for Coutinho and invested it in an actual defence

8668 posts