LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8679 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Jan 2024 19:57

To be fair, if there's one thing Liverpool have been supremely good at, that's shifting players for top money just before their form falls off a cliff.

If a Saudi club offers £100m for Salah, they'll bite their hand off.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Jan 2024 08:58

BRO_BOT
Sanguine This could be a real problem for Liverpool - Klopp and the club are inextricably linked. Van Dijk coy on his future. Salah will surely be off in the summer now too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68129454

Both of them are knocking on a bit and possibly past their best

Lazy bait.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Jan 2024 08:59

From Despair To Where? To be fair, if there's one thing Liverpool have been supremely good at, that's shifting players for top money just before their form falls off a cliff.

Absolutely - based on their recent history they'll use it to buy two players that cumulatively add up to more. Salah himself of course only cost them £30m or so.

In terms of the defence, a lot is thought of Quansah, but they'll need more backup for Konate, who is brilliant, but a little injury prone.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2024 10:09

Sutekh
Sanguine This could be a real problem for Liverpool - Klopp and the club are inextricably linked. Van Dijk coy on his future. Salah will surely be off in the summer now too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68129454

Liverpool are looking at completing a defensive overhaul this year anyway as they know VVD is knocking on a bit and Matip is ooc, while Salah is someone they could well be in two minds about as the Saudi money likely to be thrown at them in the summer might well be too good to resist.

I think the likely re-model of the squad is part of the reason Klopp has decided now is the time to go - this "cycle" is coming to an end and the energy needed to replace the likes of VVD, Salah and possibly a couple of others and bed them into his style, is energy he just doesn't see himself having. So better to walk away and let the next guy recruit the players that will fit the way they want to play rather than walking away in another 12 months time.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jan 2024 11:29

Sanguine
From Despair To Where? To be fair, if there's one thing Liverpool have been supremely good at, that's shifting players for top money just before their form falls off a cliff.

Absolutely - based on their recent history they'll use it to buy two players that cumulatively add up to more. Salah himself of course only cost them £30m or so.

In terms of the defence, a lot is thought of Quansah, but they'll need more backup for Konate, who is brilliant, but a little injury prone.

Salah cost less than the combined fee they got for Dominic Solanki and Rhian Brewster.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Jan 2024 11:42

If they sell Salah for ££££ to Saudi at the end of the season, then Salah's whole Liverpool story would be the most amazing bit of business

I wonder if middle eastern/muslim players will start to come at a premium as its known you can sell them on for big bucks later?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2024 07:41

I think the Saudis are absolutely desperate to get Salah because he's the highest profile Arab footballer on the planet.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 29 Feb 2024 11:15

I feel old, part 512. Jason Koumas made his league debut for Tranmere in 1998, just before I left sixth form. Neil Danns played his first game for Blackburn Rovers in 2002, just after Ieft university. Last night their sons Lewis and Jayden both scored for Liverpool. Lee Clark's son Bobby also played in the match - he at least made his debut whilst I was still a young lad. :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Feb 2024 12:42

From Despair To Where? I think the Saudis are absolutely desperate to get Salah because he's the highest profile Arab footballer on the planet.

Liverpool will look to extend Salah's current deal and despite his age he is apparently one of the fittest and most athletic players in the PL. However an insane amount of cash will obviously be extremely tempting and required as a minimum so that Liverpool can replace him with whichever up and coming world class talent there is out there.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Feb 2024 12:50

Sutekh
From Despair To Where? I think the Saudis are absolutely desperate to get Salah because he's the highest profile Arab footballer on the planet.

Liverpool will look to extend Salah's current deal and despite his age he is apparently one of the fittest and most athletic players in the PL. However an insane amount of cash will obviously be extremely tempting and required as a minimum so that Liverpool can replace him with whichever up and coming world class talent there is out there.

That's what I mean.Liverpool will pull their pants down over any deal. Salah doesn't strike me as a player motivated by money. A bigger factor could be Klopp leaving.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 29 Feb 2024 13:02

Sanguine I feel old, part 512. Jason Koumas made his league debut for Tranmere in 1998, just before I left sixth form. Neil Danns played his first game for Blackburn Rovers in 2002, just after Ieft university. Last night their sons Lewis and Jayden both scored for Liverpool. Lee Clark's son Bobby also played in the match - he at least made his debut whilst I was still a young lad. :lol:

This nepo baby thing is going too far now.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Mar 2024 18:15

Quadruple chance done. Poor from Klopp. Players were looking leggy and he didn’t make the right subs

On a side note, what is the point of Gakpo? Seems to score a few in Europe but offers very little domestically

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Mar 2024 18:31

URZZZZ Quadruple chance done. Poor from Klopp. Players were looking leggy and he didn’t make the right subs

On a side note, what is the point of Gakpo? Seems to score a few in Europe but offers very little domestically

Big relief that's done...didn't realise Klopps FA Cup record was so poor......and indeed they havnt won it for nearly 20 years.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Mar 2024 20:18

Avoidable. Don't know why whoever it was tried to play that pass in front of the back 4 for the 3rd instead of hoofing it upfield. United didn't look like going through them otherwise.

Inexperience for the 4th. A minute to go. As soon as the ball is played to Diallo, take one for the team and hack him down.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Mar 2024 07:59

Yep, rugby tackle Garnacho on the half way line, take the red, go to pens

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Mar 2024 08:05

Looking back, I thought Diallo was about 40yds out when he got the ball. Obviously he wasn't but yeah, just take out Garnacho on the half way line, kill the attack dead.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Mar 2024 08:16

I mean, ideally Harvey Elliott and Endo get out of each others way on the edge of the United box (see also whatever Darwin was dong for the 3rd)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Mar 2024 10:06

I'm surprised at how little mention the perennial cheat has had for the fact that he should have been sent off.
Fernandez, once again, gets away with a dreadful challenge. Not a straight red, but clearly a yellow and a second one.
If he'd been the one on the end of the tackle, he'd still be lying on the pitch screaming for the card to be shown

Who knows what impact that would/could have had

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Mar 2024 11:15

Used to really like Klopp. These days he's nothing more than a bitter cnut.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 18 Mar 2024 11:34

Franchise FC I'm surprised at how little mention the perennial cheat has had for the fact that he should have been sent off.
Fernandez, once again, gets away with a dreadful challenge. Not a straight red, but clearly a yellow and a second one.
If he'd been the one on the end of the tackle, he'd still be lying on the pitch screaming for the card to be shown

Who knows what impact that would/could have had

Who was the LFC player who high booted Maguire in the chest and won the free-kick?

At least it's consistent I s'pose!

8679 posts