LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8674 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Franchise FC » 18 Mar 2024 11:51

BRO_BOT
Franchise FC I'm surprised at how little mention the perennial cheat has had for the fact that he should have been sent off.
Fernandez, once again, gets away with a dreadful challenge. Not a straight red, but clearly a yellow and a second one.
If he'd been the one on the end of the tackle, he'd still be lying on the pitch screaming for the card to be shown

Who knows what impact that would/could have had

Who was the LFC player who high booted Maguire in the chest and won the free-kick?

At least it's consistent I s'pose!

Wasn't that Mac Allister ?
He'd already been booked too

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Mar 2024 12:38

Franchise FC I'm surprised at how little mention the perennial cheat has had for the fact that he should have been sent off.
Fernandez, once again, gets away with a dreadful challenge. Not a straight red, but clearly a yellow and a second one.
If he'd been the one on the end of the tackle, he'd still be lying on the pitch screaming for the card to be shown

Yep, clear second yellow but the ref probably decided he didn't want to "spoil the game"

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 18 Mar 2024 13:05

Silver Fox

Yep, clear second yellow but the ref probably decided he didn't want to "spoil the game"

Again more consistency (see MacAllister above)

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 18 Mar 2024 13:09

Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ Quadruple chance done. Poor from Klopp. Players were looking leggy and he didn’t make the right subs

On a side note, what is the point of Gakpo? Seems to score a few in Europe but offers very little domestically

Big relief that's done...didn't realise Klopps FA Cup record was so poor......and indeed they havnt won it for nearly 20 years.

Does Liverpool's (and Klopp's) FA Cup win in 2022 not count?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Mar 2024 13:13

BRO_BOT
Silver Fox

Really sick and tired of the dumb-ass refereeing we're seeing this season and it's getting worse. Decisions not being made correctly because "it happened in the penalty area" or "it might spoil the game". PGMOL need to realign their referees with the laws of the game not have them taking it on themselves to save games as a spectacle.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Mar 2024 13:18

Sutekh
BRO_BOT
Silver Fox

Really sick and tired of the dumb-ass refereeing we're seeing this season and it's getting worse. Decisions not being made correctly because "it happened in the penalty area" or "it might spoil the game". PGMOL need to realign their referees with the laws of the game not have them taking it on themselves to save games as a spectacle.

I think you’ve all crucially forgotten that you’re not allowed to send Fernandes off. He’s also allowed to push officials without retrospective action and throw himself to the floor as many times as possible without further punishment

How he had the gall to complain for a free kick for Liverpool’s second is beyond me, was a perfect tackle

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Mar 2024 13:23

BRO_BOT
Silver Fox

That one was just weird, I guess he thought Maguire deserved it?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Mar 2024 10:54

With Andy Robertson getting injured again on international duty it does feel that Liverpool have done rather well this season to be where they are at this stage.
The following have all been out for at least a month at various stages:-
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Matip
Konate
Robertson
Jones
Thiago
Szoboszlai
Jota
Salah
I know that all teams have injuries but of the 3 challenging for the title it feels as though Liverpool may have had more than the others.
To win the title would be some achievement-I do feel that Jota is a key player and hopefully will be around for the run-in.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Mar 2024 12:01

South Coast Royal With Andy Robertson getting injured again on international duty it does feel that Liverpool have done rather well this season to be where they are at this stage.
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Matip
Konate
Robertson
Jones
Thiago
Szoboszlai
Jota
Salah
I know that all teams have injuries but of the 3 challenging for the title it feels as though Liverpool may have had more than the others.
To win the title would be some achievement-I do feel that Jota is a key player and hopefully will be around for the run-in.

They are an inferior team with or without Robertson. Give it up.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Mar 2024 15:46

NathStPaul
South Coast Royal With Andy Robertson getting injured again on international duty it does feel that Liverpool have done rather well this season to be where they are at this stage.
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Matip
Konate
Robertson
Jones
Thiago
Szoboszlai
Jota
Salah

So they really can't be that "inferior" as you call them when they are joint top with just 10 games left so IMHO they have a second favourite's chance of winning the title and if they did it would be quite an achievement with the injuries listed, none of which have been just for a game or two.

BTW is there a better left-back in English football than a fit Robinson?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Mar 2024 16:02

South Coast Royal
NathStPaul
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Matip
Konate
Robertson
Jones
Thiago
Szoboszlai
Jota
Salah

So they really can't be that "inferior" as you call them when they are joint top with just 10 games left so IMHO they have a second favourite's chance of winning the title and if they did it would be quite an achievement with the injuries listed, none of which have been just for a game or two.

Well, Liverpool have a better one for a start :wink:

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 28 Mar 2024 16:26

South Coast Royal
NathStPaul
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Matip
Konate
Robertson
Jones
Thiago
Szoboszlai
Jota
Salah

He's an excellent player but it also depends on how your team plays full-back. Several top teams are inverting the full-backs and asking them to play in midfield when they have possession. Klopp's tactics suit Robertson very well.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Mar 2024 10:09

Franchise FC
South Coast Royal
NathStPaul They are an inferior team with or without Robertson. Give it up.

:D Joe has done a really good job there and whereas I argued many years ago with vision about right-footed left-backs there is now a case, with so many left-footed right-wingers, for having a right-footed left-back to match up.

This is more relevant with the likes of Saka, Almiron, Foden etc. who all tend to go inside on their left foot and rarely trust their right for crossing.
Going forward however, in attacking play, it is far better to have a natural left-footer for putting in crosses.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Mar 2024 11:09

South Coast Royal
Franchise FC
South Coast Royal

:D Joe has done a really good job there and whereas I argued many years ago with vision about right-footed left-backs there is now a case, with so many left-footed right-wingers, for having a right-footed left-back to match up.

This is more relevant with the likes of Saka, Almiron, Foden etc. who all tend to go inside on their left foot and rarely trust their right for crossing.
Going forward however, in attacking play, it is far better to have a natural left-footer for putting in crosses.

I was going with Robertson rather than Robinson

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Mar 2024 12:04

Franchise FC
South Coast Royal
Franchise FC Well, Liverpool have a better one for a start :wink:

I was going with Robertson rather than Robinson

That's what comes of not posting much, inaccuracies. :wink:
Mind you, I do like Antonee Robinson at Fulham.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Mar 2024 13:12

Being reported by a few journos that Xabi Alonso has told Leverkusen he is staying on with them rather than leaving this summer.

He was the only person I ever say linked with the Liverpool job. Who do they now turn to?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Mar 2024 13:30

Winston Biscuit Being reported by a few journos that Xabi Alonso has told Leverkusen he is staying on with them rather than leaving this summer.

He was the only person I ever say linked with the Liverpool job. Who do they now turn to?

A certain Ruben, but Amorim rather than Selles and if that don't work out it'll be de Zerbi.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Apr 2024 11:25

Bookies clearly don't agree with OMA about Liverpool being "inferior" as they are now clear favourites at 11/10 with City at 15/8.

Having backed Liverpool early on at 6/1 I am pleased but with City's seemingly easier run-in their current price does represent value for money IMHO and may just be the longest price that they have been all season.

What a fabulously worked goal that was yesterday between Szoboszlai, McAllister and Salah and McAllister showed why Liverpool made him their top target last Summer with a brilliant controlling performance-to think that he cost some £50 million or so less than Chelsea paid for their other World Cup winning midfielder.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Apr 2024 13:20

Liverpool will bottle it, perennial bottle jobs.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Apr 2024 16:10

NathStPaul Liverpool will bottle it, perennial bottle jobs.

A poor attempt at an April fools joke OMA.

Just the 6 European cups, 19 English titles, EUFA cup and countless FA and League Cups.
Yeah, just a bunch of losers.

8674 posts