LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8682 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by South Coast Royal » 25 Apr 2024 14:04

What I find interesting are the comments about Liverpool players such as Nunez not taking chances, Salah way off the pace, Trent can't defend and van Dijk is past it.
This is a team that is 3 points off the top and pretty close to a team described as the best in the world and yet do we ever hear such criticisms of Arsenal or City players?

Their supposedly dreadful defence has conceded the same number of goals as City .
I reckon there is more criticism addressed to Liverpool players than even to Villa and Spurs who are below them.

In a season when they have suffered from considerable injuries when compared to the other two IMHO they have done quite well especially when those injuries haven't just been for the odd game but often for six or seven

As mentioned on the radio this morning when discussing whether Klopp should have made his announcement earlier, he chose to make a statement because he knew that the story would get out so why not rather than being forced to agree or deny a rumour.

As Brobot (from a position of envy I guess) has suggested Klopp's tenure has not been earth-shattering, just very, very good for both Liverpool and for football generally, a breath of fresh air when so many managers are just so dull.

As for last night I wouldn't be quite so overjoyed as the Everton fans appeared to be if I were one of theirs

Regardless of the points deductions and trying to cheat the system they have spent the season yet again amongst the Lutons and Sheffield Uniteds battling to avoid relegation, a club that used to be regarded as one of the top six.

A club that played scintillating football under the Golden Vision, then Ball, Harvey and Kendall and then with Sharp and Gray, now a latter day Wimbledon.
My how they have fallen and having succumbed a few days ago so weakly to an erratic Chelsea losing 6-0 , then scrambling home against lowly Forest thanks to VAR believing that Young was still a Man Utd player and then last night what a turn around and where have these players been all season?

If they were racehorses they would have been dope tested last night, such was their difference in performance from the norm .
A team that has scored less goals than everybody bar the useless Sheffield United.

So, the title race becomes a straight shootout between City and Arsenal and who thinks that Everton will show the same resilience away at Arsenal in the final game of the season?

Back to Liverpool, another season around the top of the domestic league and a Cup win so things are far from being all bad.
Agree OMA?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Apr 2024 14:18

South Coast Royal What I find interesting are the comments about Liverpool players such as Nunez not taking chances, Salah way off the pace, Trent can't defend and van Dijk is past it.
This is a team that is 3 points off the top and pretty close to a team described as the best in the world and yet do we ever hear such criticisms of Arsenal or City players?

Their supposedly dreadful defence has conceded the same number of goals as City .
I reckon there is more criticism addressed to Liverpool players than even to Villa and Spurs who are below them.

In a season when they have suffered from considerable injuries when compared to the other two IMHO they have done quite well especially when those injuries haven't just been for the odd game but often for six or seven

As mentioned on the radio this morning when discussing whether Klopp should have made his announcement earlier, he chose to make a statement because he knew that the story would get out so why not rather than being forced to agree or deny a rumour.

As Brobot (from a position of envy I guess) has suggested Klopp's tenure has not been earth-shattering, just very, very good for both Liverpool and for football generally, a breath of fresh air when so many managers are just so dull.

As for last night I wouldn't be quite so overjoyed as the Everton fans appeared to be if I were one of theirs

Regardless of the points deductions and trying to cheat the system they have spent the season yet again amongst the Lutons and Sheffield Uniteds battling to avoid relegation, a club that used to be regarded as one of the top six.

A club that played scintillating football under the Golden Vision, then Ball, Harvey and Kendall and then with Sharp and Gray, now a latter day Wimbledon.
My how they have fallen and having succumbed a few days ago so weakly to an erratic Chelsea losing 6-0 , then scrambling home against lowly Forest thanks to VAR believing that Young was still a Man Utd player and then last night what a turn around and where have these players been all season?

If they were racehorses they would have been dope tested last night, such was their difference in performance from the norm .
A team that has scored less goals than everybody bar the useless Sheffield United.

So, the title race becomes a straight shootout between City and Arsenal and who thinks that Everton will show the same resilience away at Arsenal in the final game of the season?

Back to Liverpool, another season around the top of the domestic league and a Cup win so things are far from being all bad.
Agree OMA?

Yep I agree.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Apr 2024 14:32

Sanguine
Royal Rother Same for Nunez. Even Carragher recognises that now.

Nunez is exactly the sort of player who will move to La Liga, or anywhere really - he's a real Atletico type forward - and score 35 a season. Something, surely, has to click into place soon, because he has all the technical ability. Mind you, I said that about Tony Rougier for his entire time with Reading.

He has real qualities but I’ve suggested for a while he lacks a quality brain. He can’t seem to control his thoughts when in front of goal.

Clearly he doesn’t have that much talked about “natural goalscorer’s instinct” for the highest levels but I’d have thought it was something that could have been coached into him over the last 2 years as there’s not an awful lot lacking in the rest of his game. (Being generous there!)

Without them naming names, Klopp and VVD were steaming inside about that miss last night which would probably have turned the game, and potentially the PL outcome.

Must drive them nuts.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 25 Apr 2024 14:34

NathStPaul
South Coast Royal What I find interesting are the comments about Liverpool players such as Nunez not taking chances, Salah way off the pace, Trent can't defend and van Dijk is past it.

Agree OMA?

Yep I agree.

Blimey :D

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Apr 2024 14:50

Royal Rother
Sanguine
Royal Rother Same for Nunez. Even Carragher recognises that now.

Nunez is exactly the sort of player who will move to La Liga, or anywhere really - he's a real Atletico type forward - and score 35 a season. Something, surely, has to click into place soon, because he has all the technical ability. Mind you, I said that about Tony Rougier for his entire time with Reading.

He has real qualities but I’ve suggested for a while he lacks a quality brain. He can’t seem to control his thoughts when in front of goal.

Clearly he doesn’t have that much talked about “natural goalscorer’s instinct” for the highest levels but I’d have thought it was something that could have been coached into him over the last 2 years as there’s not an awful lot lacking in the rest of his game. (Being generous there!)

Without them naming names, Klopp and VVD were steaming inside about that miss last night which would probably have turned the game, and potentially the PL outcome.

Must drive them nuts.

It's that 'in the moment' brain, isn't it. Can't help but compare it to his sublime lobbed goal against Brentford, where he sized up the opportunity, and got the ball in the net. Difference I guess was at Brentford he was clear on goal and had that extra two seconds to think. More often than not though he does exactly as he did last night - he wellies it as hard as he can. He had near and far post available against Pickford, as well as the dink over him.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 25 Apr 2024 17:24

Sanguine Nunez is exactly the sort of player who will move to La Liga, or anywhere really - he's a real Atletico type forward - and score 35 a season.

Like a 2020s Diego Forlan?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Apr 2024 08:12

Some suggestion in the ether that Liverpool are in talks with Olise's representatives and are also eyeing up Jarred Bowen.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Apr 2024 08:32

I would quite like to see Bowen on a bigger stage. He strikes me as one of those all 'confidence, no ability' players that just force their way to success through insane levels of self belief and determination.

(i am aware I am being harsh, of course he has ability, I hope you get what I mean though)

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2024 10:17

Winston Biscuit I would quite like to see Bowen on a bigger stage. He strikes me as one of those all 'confidence, no ability' players that just force their way to success through insane levels of self belief and determination.

(i am aware I am being harsh, of course he has ability, I hope you get what I mean though)

Like Vardy. Clearly skilful and quick, but in no way at all a 300-goal career striker who plays for England without mountains of self-belief.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 26 Apr 2024 16:00

Sutekh Some suggestion in the ether that Liverpool are in talks with Olise's representatives and are also eyeing up Jarred Bowen.

I would have thought that Bowen is more a Liverpool forward/winger if they continue to play at pace up front.
Olise is more of a controlled player who probably performs better in slower build-up.

I could see him at City rather than at Liverpool but I guess PSG could be his destination for a number of reasons, not least the French connection.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Apr 2024 17:51

Going to have to duck for cover maybe, but I feel like I don't rate Olise as highly as everyone else.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Apr 2024 18:10

Winston Biscuit Going to have to duck for cover maybe, but I feel like I don't rate Olise as highly as everyone else.

I think he could be the next Bernado Silva
Needs to work a little on the defensive end but his movement, control and passing definitely seem on that path

No need to duck for cover …. just take it like a man :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Apr 2024 19:29

Winston Biscuit Going to have to duck for cover maybe, but I feel like I don't rate Olise as highly as everyone else.

I’m with you.

Very talented but a bit of a Flash Harry with attitude issues.

He won’t progress from where he is now.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 26 Apr 2024 22:49

Not really convinced about Slot as the new manager, currently nine points of the top of the Dutch League

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Apr 2024 08:22

BRO_BOT Not really convinced about Slot as the new manager, currently nine points of the top of the Dutch League

Should fit in well at Liverpool then, esp. this time of year.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 27 Apr 2024 13:14

8)

the bed has been well and truly shat in!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Apr 2024 14:37

BRO_BOT 8)

… and yet they’re still third and will qualify for the CL

There are a lot of teams whose supporters would be delighted to be shitting the bed that much

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Apr 2024 14:39

BRO_BOT 8)

At least when they do it they still qualify for the CL, united must have diarrhoea.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Apr 2024 15:19

Franchise FC

I think he could be the next Bernado Silva
Needs to work a little on the defensive end but his movement, control and passing definitely seem on that path

No need to duck for cover …. just take it like a man :wink:

Easy to forget he's only 22.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Apr 2024 18:57

BRO_BOT 8)

Surprised you haven’t mentioned the United bed shitting
Although a home point against the mighty Burnley must’ve been a pleasant relief :wink:

8682 posts