8675 posts
BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by BRO_BOT » 05 Nov 2023 20:23

Franchise FC
BRO_BOT
South Coast Royal
No, just find it odd when people post such inane things.
Did you even watch the game?

Caught the last ten minutes when it got interesting

If Rhodri was awarded a VAR pen then no idea why VVD wasn't given one.

Would have been very harsh to give a handball pen to LFC just before they were countered. I think there is an element of emotion/drama in the decision. Had they chalked the goal off and awarded a pen it's all they would be talking about this week. What do you reckon?

It just wasn’t a penalty so what followed was irrelevant to the decision (although slightly more relevant to the result)

The ball was heading toward the goal when it was stopped by the hand of an opponent (that was raised above his head).

It then becomes very subjective. I think I'm now in favour of if it hits your hand it's handball and a pen. Then we at least know where we stand

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Nov 2023 20:37

BRO_BOT
Franchise FC
BRO_BOT

Would have been very harsh to give a handball pen to LFC just before they were countered. I think there is an element of emotion/drama in the decision. Had they chalked the goal off and awarded a pen it's all they would be talking about this week. What do you reckon?

It just wasn’t a penalty so what followed was irrelevant to the decision (although slightly more relevant to the result)

The ball was heading toward the goal when it was stopped by the hand of an opponent (that was raised above his head).

It then becomes very subjective. I think I'm now in favour of if it hits your hand it's handball and a pen. Then we at least know where we stand

They had that system in La Liga a decade or so ago and it was ridiculously stupid.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Nov 2023 20:39

BRO_BOT
Franchise FC
BRO_BOT

I would sometimes argue that Ross Barkley’s brain was in his arse, but that’s the only way that his arm was above his head

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 05 Nov 2023 20:54

Orion1871
BRO_BOT
Franchise FC It just wasn’t a penalty so what followed was irrelevant to the decision (although slightly more relevant to the result)

They had that system in La Liga a decade or so ago and it was ridiculously stupid.

why was that? Too many pens? Or it favours the attacking team too much etc

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 05 Nov 2023 20:57

Franchise FC
BRO_BOT
Franchise FC It just wasn’t a penalty so what followed was irrelevant to the decision (although slightly more relevant to the result)

I would sometimes argue that Ross Barkley’s brain was in his arse, but that’s the only way that his arm was above his head

his hand was above his head. His arm is at 90 degrees to his body

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Nov 2023 21:01

BRO_BOT
Orion1871
BRO_BOT

why was that? Too many pens? Or it favours the attacking team too much etc

Too many everything. Penalties, free kicks, and they made it an automatic yellow card offence too.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Nov 2023 21:07

BRO_BOT
Franchise FC
BRO_BOT

Ok, spotted the flaw
Ball hit his arm, not his hand
Ball not going directly towards the goal
Not remotely looking at the ball but simply landing naturally

Apart from that ….

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 05 Nov 2023 21:24

Franchise FC
BRO_BOT
Franchise FC I would sometimes argue that Ross Barkley’s brain was in his arse, but that’s the only way that his arm was above his head

Ok, spotted the flaw
Ball hit his arm, not his hand
Ball not going directly towards the goal
Not remotely looking at the ball but simply landing naturally

Apart from that ….

I said it'd be harsh but it's subjective, you seem a little confrontational about it.

They had a live poll on a neutral YouTube channel that finished roughly 2/3rds not a pen (i voted this way) after several thousand votes. Assuming no bias (unlikely) we could assume that it may be given one out of three times

I agree with you that it was accidental. He jumps, his arms go up and as he's landed they godown and then back up again, all perfectly natural. He also has no idea that it is going to be headed

However:
- the arm is handball, it hits him at shoulder height
- the ball was going toward the goal.
- you don't have to be looking for it to be deliberate

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Nov 2023 08:23

Poor performance from Liverpool
It wasn't a penalty, although might have been a foul on the edge of the box as Luton broke
Lovely to see Luis Diaz get the equaliser

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Nov 2023 10:15

BRO_BOT
South Coast Royal
BRO_BOT
RatLOLed 8)

No penalty and yes it would have been a first I think since VAR for a goal to be chalked off in those circumstances.
Liverpool should have had the game sewn up long before then and were wasteful with their many chances and can get level with City when they win there in a few weeks' time. :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Nov 2023 10:40

BRO_BOT
South Coast Royal
BRO_BOT
RatLOLed 8)

The VVD incident was a penalty so yet again a VAR crew has fouled up (seems to me that currently Liverpool are getting rather done over by these idiots). The second incident was never a penalty and was rightly ignored. Liverpool players then caught out temporarily by appealing instead of playing to the whistle.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Nov 2023 10:43

Silver Fox Poor performance from Liverpool
It wasn't a penalty, although might have been a foul on the edge of the box as Luton broke

This. God they need a striker as Darwin Nunez is just hopeless. Does the impossible but give him the "bread and butter" of 6 yard tap ins and he'll screw nearly every one of them up.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Nov 2023 16:22

Sutekh

This. God they need a striker as Darwin Nunez is just hopeless. Does the impossible but give him the "bread and butter" of 6 yard tap ins and he'll screw nearly every one of them up.

The league had better hope he remains that way, as he'll score 30 if starts converting the easy ones.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Nov 2023 10:29

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -liverpool

Really interesting insight from Roberto Firmino on the personalities behind the attacking trio of Bobby, Mane and Salah at Liverpool, serialised from his new book.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Nov 2023 10:34

Sanguine
Sutekh

The league had better hope he remains that way, as he'll score 30 if starts converting the easy ones.

I really rate Nunez - top top striker. Just needs to have a softer edge to his composure in front of goal. Plenty of time to come in his career at Liverpool.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Nov 2023 11:45

Sutekh
BRO_BOT
South Coast Royal

The VVD incident was a penalty so yet again a VAR crew has fouled up (seems to me that currently Liverpool are getting rather done over by these idiots). The second incident was never a penalty and was rightly ignored. Liverpool players then caught out temporarily by appealing instead of playing to the whistle.

VVD was involved in both ‘penalty’ incidents wasn’t he ?
(hence me being a bit confused to start with)
I hate that defenders get away with all sorts of crap, but an attacker breathes on a defender and it’s goal chalked off.
I was happy that City got one for the Rodri incident and I have no idea why the VVD one wasn’t given as it seems to me to be an action replay

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 09 Nov 2023 20:08

8)

defo the right decision to disallow the goal

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 09 Nov 2023 21:17

Have they changed the "t-shirt" rule for handball this season or is that just a premier league thing?

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 17 Dec 2023 23:36

p.s. Nunez is not very good

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Dec 2023 09:19

Liverpool were really poor. Sour grapes at the end too, what were they expecting United to do? Go there and play open and attacking football? United's game plan was really good, thought they were unlucky not to nick it at the end. They look much more solid without Fernandes in the side, makes me wonder if they'd be better playing him as a false 9 when he returns and just keep that midfield solidity.

8675 posts