LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8682 posts
Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Royalee » 03 Mar 2013 15:08

Anfield Kopite
cmonurz It’s too early to judge really – and a shame in a sense for Rodgers from his perspective that the Liverpool opportunity came at this stage, would have been interesting to see if Rodgers might have taken Swansea forward again this season after their excellent first year at this level.

A lot of people said Rodgers would struggle with implementing his methods at Liverpool, but iirc they have had more shots this season than anyone else in Europe (I don’t recall the exact stat but they are top, or top five or something). I’m not making any claims here to Liverpool’s stature, they are a mid-table side, but the basis is there, and on paper the quality in the squad too, with one or two additions needed. This season hasn’t been a failure for Rodgers by any means.What he's done very well imho - part because he had no choice, but I think in part because it's something he believes in - is give young players like Sterling, Suso and Wisdom a run in the team. That's something few managers at this level are prepared to do (look at Mancini's whinging at the start of the season that he 'needs more players' - what about your youth team, Roberto?)

The bit ive put in bold is interesting. The Liverpool fans in general are undecided at this point. Ian Ayre said that had Dalglish added the FA Cup to his League Cup success he would have still been sacked because 8th in the League was not good enough. If Liverpool can finish the season strongly and finish say 6th and above Everton, the majority of the fans will see that as progress. However a weak finish of say 9th or 10th will make it very uncomfortable for Brendan. Very important couple of months coming up i.m.o. I hope he does well because i like him. Reading what some Reading fans think of him concerns me though.

I wouldn't worry mate, most of our fans are idiots. Wasn't given enough time here and all the best of luck to him - at least he likes his teams to play football which is more than can be said about our current management. Give him time and he'll sort Liverpool out, you only have to look at the likes of Wisdom, Sterling, Sturridge and Coutinho to see the good work - I couldn't name one decent player Dalglish worked any magic with except Suarez.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 03 Mar 2013 17:32

Cheers Royalee. it seems Reading fans are split over Brendan. Liverpool fans seem to like him in general.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2013 17:37

FWIW (which is very little) I was with Royalee regarding Brendan.

Just as the corner was turned, we sacked him.

But as they say, we did alright out of it....and so did he.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Mar 2013 18:22

Brian has done magnificently with what he has at his disposal (his own experience and coaching ability plus the players to a certain extent), but I still think it is a terrible shame we never saw the fruits of Rodgers' methods at Reading.

I like good football and love and laud BM as I do, we haven't seen much of that in the last 3 years.

He has done a great job at Swansea and Liverpool (so far) and he should have been ours.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Mar 2013 18:26

Great job at Liverpool?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2013 18:29

Red Liverpudlians seem happy enough.

The "experts" say that he has turned the corner for them and things are looking rosey

The fans seem to see an improvement

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Mar 2013 18:30

:|

No trophies

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2013 18:32

sandman :|

No trophies
not yet, but the light has been illuminated (again, according to the experts)

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Mar 2013 18:33

Royal Rother Brian has done magnificently with what he has at his disposal (his own experience and coaching ability plus the players to a certain extent), but I still think it is a terrible shame we never saw the fruits of Rodgers' methods at Reading.

I like good football and love and laud BM as I do, we haven't seen much of that in the last 3 years.

He has done a great job at Swansea and Liverpool (so far) and he should have been ours.

Rother, I know this is all hyperthetical but do you think if we hadn't have sacked him and Brendan had the success with us not the Swans that he would have turned down the Liverpool job to stay with us? I don't think so for a second. For the record I thought he was starting to turn it around when we pulled the trigger as well and have a lot of time for the man.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Mar 2013 18:36

No trophies

:| :| :| :|

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Mar 2013 18:56

No trophies

Not even Ferguson has won a trophy this season-idiot.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Mar 2013 18:57

Classic!!! :lol:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Mar 2013 19:00

Victor Meldrew

No trophies

Not even Ferguson has won a trophy this season-idiot.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Mar 2013 19:02

No, just a statement of fact.

Look at the young talent he has blooded, ALL of whom have done well. Look at how he has turned Henderson into a player again. Look at how he's brought Sturridge in and immediately made him look twice the player.

Face it, Rodgers >>> McDermott.

Mr Optimist
Royal Rother Brian has done magnificently with what he has at his disposal (his own experience and coaching ability plus the players to a certain extent), but I still think it is a terrible shame we never saw the fruits of Rodgers' methods at Reading.

Rother, I know this is all hyperthetical but do you think if we hadn't have sacked him and Brendan had the success with us not the Swans that he would have turned down the Liverpool job to stay with us? I don't think so for a second. For the record I thought he was starting to turn it around when we pulled the trigger as well and have a lot of time for the man.

Yes, I make you right there. Almost certainly. But Reading is more "his club" than Swansea ever were so you never know...

Err, but no, I make you right!
Last edited by Royal Rother on 03 Mar 2013 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 03 Mar 2013 19:04

So today Spizz, Rother, Optomist and Royalee have all come out and said they think Brendan is a good manager. That is reassuring me as a Liverpool supporter. Thanks lads.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2013 19:07

skant recommendation tho' AK

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 03 Mar 2013 19:12

AthleticoSpizz skant recommendation tho' AK

Better than what others said about him earlier in the season. One poster on here (who i wont name but is an ideal candidate for the looney bin) said we were sure to be relegated.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Mar 2013 19:15

AthleticoSpizz skant recommendation tho' AK

To be fair, anyone who fails to acknowledge his overall record in coaching and management as being pretty damned impressive is being one-eyed due to his problems at RFC.

If he were coming here now all the naysayers would be absolutely wetting themselves and would completely dismiss his 6 month spell at a small club in the Championship where the players were not good enough to get his methods quickly enough....

Us 4 are balanced and fair thinkers, whose views are not distorted by emotion.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Mar 2013 19:15

Or by watching many games in my case.... :wink:
Last edited by Royal Rother on 03 Mar 2013 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2013 19:16

lol

Ideal made the headlines on Hobnob once, for his thread that was featured in the local press down here.

Hard to take him serious for anything after that.

8682 posts