by Uke » 30 Jan 2022 10:59

Yup, he’s definitely not coming back from this
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-26087586

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The footballer gets arrested thread

by Uke » 30 Jan 2022 11:01

Looks like he may have misread this somewhat

Ryan Giggs issues Mason Greenwood challenge after taking his Manchester United number

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-18926240

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2022 11:09

Is there any indication as to when this happened?

She is supposedly an ex - wonder if this happened a while ago, and if so, have Man Utd been aware of it but kept playing him.....? That wouldn’t be a good look.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 30 Jan 2022 11:10

Royal Rother Is there any indication as to when this happened?

She is supposedly an ex - wonder if this happened a while ago, and if so, have Man Utd been aware of it but kept playing him.....? That wouldn’t be a good look.

The couple had been dating since school where they first met at Mersey School in Greater Manchester but had split up in 2020 prior to Greenwood’s debacle with England.

On his first call-up to the national squad, the striker sneaked in two Icelandic models in the team hotel along with Phil Foden despite strict instructions to quarantine.

Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate ended up sending the United ace home, along with Foden, who also had a girlfriend at the time.

Despite the incident, the couple rekindled their relationship two months after and had been together since.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 30 Jan 2022 15:49

Man United according to my sources directly inside the club have basically said greenwood will never play or even train with them again :shock:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2022 17:28

According to my sources within the Sky Sports Newsroom he has now been arrested on suspicion of rape and assault.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 30 Jan 2022 18:09

Innocent until proven guilty

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Jan 2022 18:54

There must be something in the Manchester air.
Firstly Mendy now this (allegedly)

Sir Matt and Joe Mercer must be turning in their graves-in their days the women were throwing themselves at star players, not players (allegedly) forcing themselves upon women.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 30 Jan 2022 19:29

BROB0T Innocent until proven guilty

Oh oxf*rd off you stupid vintage oxf*rd

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2022 19:33

South Coast Royal There must be something in the Manchester air.
Firstly Mendy now this (allegedly)

Sir Matt and Joe Mercer must be turning in their graves-in their days the women were throwing themselves at star players, not players (allegedly) forcing themselves upon women.

Pah! If it happened in their day (and of course it did) then the managers of the day would have done their best to make sure it (the story, not the player) “went away”.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Jan 2022 08:11

Yes, innocent until proven guilty, but the audio clip (and I wouldn't actually suggest finding it, it's a pretty harrowing listen) seems to have him bang to rights.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Jan 2022 08:57

Hope they throw the book at him. Years and years in prison please. End his career and life for that matter. Send a message to this over entitled wnakers. That they are not above the law.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 31 Jan 2022 10:11

Brogue Hope they throw the book at him. Years and years in prison please. End his career and life for that matter. Send a message to this over entitled wnakers. That they are not above the law.

end his life?

so you are advocating murdering him :|

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 31 Jan 2022 12:08

Brogue Hope they throw the book at him. Years and years in prison please. End his career and life for that matter. Send a message to this over entitled wnakers. That they are not above the law.

He should get whatever the tariff is for his particular crime

Also, when he has served his time he should be able to resume his career (however difficult that may be)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2022 12:25

BROB0T

He should get whatever the tariff is for his particular crime

Also, when he has served his time he should be able to resume his career (however difficult that may be)

IF found guilty I assume that would put him on the sex offenders register. That might have some serious consequences for his career

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Jan 2022 14:37

Franchise FC IF found guilty I assume that would put him on the sex offenders register. That might have some serious consequences for his career

Yes, that. Reality is you are going to struggle to work at a football club when on the sex offenders register (if a club even wanted to employ you), for safeguarding reasons.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2022 15:26

Sanguine
Franchise FC IF found guilty I assume that would put him on the sex offenders register. That might have some serious consequences for his career

Yes, that. Reality is you are going to struggle to work at a football club when on the sex offenders register (if a club even wanted to employ you), for safeguarding reasons.

That’s twice in a day you’re agreeing with me
Either someone has hacked my login or yours

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 31 Jan 2022 15:36

Sanguine

I do have concerns for young men that make a (serious) mistake and are then fcuked for life

Where is the path to redemption

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Jan 2022 16:15

BROB0T
Sanguine

I do have concerns for young men that make a (serious) mistake and are then fcuked for life

Anyone earning a few million a year would find it hard to get back into that sort of income after doing time for rape.

Guess his path to redemption could involve working on a building site or stacking shelves. At least he'd likely have a bigger nest egg to fall back on than his colleagues in that situation.... if his legal team and compensation to his ex leaves any of that of course. I'm sure both will be working hard to ensure that's not the case.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 31 Jan 2022 16:21

Royal Rother
BROB0T
Sanguine

Anyone earning a few million a year would find it hard to get back into that sort of income after doing time for rape.

Guess his path to redemption could involve working on a building site or stacking shelves. At least he'd likely have a bigger nest egg to fall back on than his colleagues in that situation.... if his legal team and compensation to his ex leaves any of that of course. I'm sure both will be working hard to ensure that's not the case.

Why is he not allowed to play football once he's paid his debt to society?

What sort of sentence is he looking at

I also get that it's hard to be sympathetic in the case of millionaire footballers

2143 posts