Richard Keys and Andy Gray

510 posts
TheMaraudingDog

Re: Richard Keys and Andy Gray

by TheMaraudingDog » 11 Feb 2011 09:13

Victor not sure why you're bringing United and TC (who I don't like) into this :| Sounds a tad obsessive.

Anyway gave H&J 5 mins yesterday and it was the same, one of them going on and the other one just laughing with that irritating old mans chuckle that he's got.

Parry will be back elsewhere soon enough, hopefully from 10-1 and they should try and get MG back with him. That said Saggers was OK this week.

And yes, I listen to radio all day during the week 8)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Feb 2011 09:26

Victor Meldrew
brendywendy
A large bit of retraction to follow from Durham if he wants to keep his job.

boolox- its positively encouraged on talk sport to create a little inter show niggle.
plus its durhams, and now grey and keys' job to create debate, and encourage disagreements, often by saying things they dont reaklly mean, and playing devils advocaat

Did you hear Durham on the day that the world nearly came to an end (the day after the dynamic duos utterances were made known)?
This wasn't him just stirring things up for debate, this was Durham being very PC about the dinosaurs and it will be impossible for him to ever work with them.

didnt durham do the 45 minute interview with keys a week after the "incedent"?
managed ok then i thought

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Feb 2011 10:02

No. I think it was H&J.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 11 Feb 2011 17:33

Royal Rother We all know it's dreadful on the whole Pearcey, but H&J are good.

VM, why did you have to go and mention Terry Christian? I had actually wiped that obnoxious, embarrasingly unamusing oxf*rd from my memory; now you've brought it all back.

:D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2011 20:04

Mr Angry I stopped listeniong to TalkSport after that tw@ Jason Cundy was doing a phone-in and ANYONE who rang in to criticise Chelsea or Moanrinho (it was that long ago) were cut off.
...and even in this day of free-speech........my (non-abusive and "TalkSport" debate opening) post on one of their (self praising articles on the signing of Grey and Greyer) was moderated out....

...not even a reason why

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 11 Feb 2011 20:18

AthleticoSpizz
Mr Angry I stopped listeniong to TalkSport after that tw@ Jason Cundy was doing a phone-in and ANYONE who rang in to criticise Chelsea or Moanrinho (it was that long ago) were cut off.
...and even in this day of free-speech........my (non-abusive and "TalkSport" debate opening) post on one of their (self praising articles on the signing of Grey and Greyer) was moderated out....

...not even a reason why

What did you say Athletico? Doubtless it will get moderated again though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2011 20:25

simply....(and on one of TalkSports webpage features....inviting "opinion")

"I am finding the signing of Gray and Keys a bit hypocritical.

You sacked Jon Gaunt, yet tripped over yourselves to sign these two
"

nothing more, nothing less (in fact a very diluted version of my earlier post on here)

(guess my post didn't meet the criteria of their "how good are we" self-served backslapping)

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 11 Feb 2011 20:57

Can't see a problem with that. Fair comment.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2011 21:08

...and one deserving of a reply...even if a generic one through private email from them

Can't say I've been over-enamoured with TalkSport in recent weeks, what with their over over over-egging of the Torres/Liverpool thing too.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 14 Feb 2011 10:25

The grumpy old man from Cornwall used to grace this slot on Talk Sport. Mr Dickin must be turning in his grave this morning.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Feb 2011 21:43

Hoddle last night, Ray Wilkins tonight

The phrase "be careful what you wish for" has never been so apt

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 15 Feb 2011 23:01

Both pricks, but that doesn't mean Gray isn't a complete cretin. Much of a muchness if you ask me (which yes, I'm fully aware, you didn't).

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Feb 2011 20:12

He may be a cretin but he's a way better summariser than those two chumps

having said that, they're awesome compared to the ongoing farce that is ITV's coverage

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 16 Feb 2011 20:26

Was off ill today ( :? ), so listened to their show for the whole three hours. Started slow, in fact, dull as. In fairness though, it did pick up nicely towards the end and I think I probably quite enjoyed it. They are new to all-talk radio, so it will take them a long time to settle in. They need to get used to spending three hours talking football bullsh*t, but it could very well be a half decent show in a few months.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 17 Feb 2011 13:48

Unfortunately for them, as I thought, they are a one trick pony and 15 hours a week of football talk is too much. No ability to talk about anything else, no humour and I think r8ings will plumet. Monday was a good overview of the weekend but 5 days a week? No thanks.

According to a Twitter source Parry is signed up to Radio 5. Hope he gets a decent day time slot. I miss Parry :(

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 17 Feb 2011 16:13

http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.6737.12

Mike Parry will present Radio 5 Live's football phone-in 606 with Robbie Savage this Saturday.

It's less than two weeks since he left rival station talkSPORT, where he hosted programmes for 12 years, most recently the mid-morning show with Mike Graham.

Mike Parry said of his new role on 5 Live: "In broadcasting terms I feel like I've just had a call from the manager of Real Madrid. What an opportunity to rise to the challenge of hosting one of the most famous slots in British broadcasting. It's FA Cup weekend and I can't wait to meet the 606 listeners for the first time."

Mike Parry stands in for regular presenter Mark Chapman on Radio 5 Live with Robbie Savage on 606 on Saturday 19 February, 7.15-8.30pm.

His previous show was taken over by former Sky Sports hosts Andy Gray and Richard Keys.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Feb 2011 16:26

Interesting. I'm not convinced Parry/R5L is a marriage made in heaven to be honest.

I do hope he is called Mike Parry now rather than Porky, Porkmeister and whatever else the wits at TalkSport came up with over the years, and stops being deliberately / playfully argumentative to get audience figures as has been his speciality for the last decade or so.

I'm pretty sure that take that away and there's still a lot left but it'll be interesting to hear how he gets on.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Feb 2011 16:52

Parry's football knowledge isn't up to much other than knowing a little bit about Everton.
He will have little empathy with the fans who will know much more than him.
I predict a much worse show than normal.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 17 Feb 2011 17:03

Victor Meldrew Parry's football knowledge isn't up to much other than knowing a little bit about Everton.
He will have little empathy with the fans who will know much more than him.
I predict a much worse show than normal.

That's par for the course on 606 though isn't it? Alan Green's knowledge of anything other than the higher reaches of the Premiership is embarrassing. He fully admits to knowing nothing much about the Championship and below as well. It's only your fukking job Alan.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 18 Feb 2011 09:38

southbank1871 http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.6737.12

Mike Parry will present Radio 5 Live's football phone-in 606 with Robbie Savage this Saturday.

It's less than two weeks since he left rival station talkSPORT, where he hosted programmes for 12 years, most recently the mid-morning show with Mike Graham.

Mike Parry said of his new role on 5 Live: "In broadcasting terms I feel like I've just had a call from the manager of Real Madrid. What an opportunity to rise to the challenge of hosting one of the most famous slots in British broadcasting. It's FA Cup weekend and I can't wait to meet the 606 listeners for the first time."

Mike Parry stands in for regular presenter Mark Chapman on Radio 5 Live with Robbie Savage on 606 on Saturday 19 February, 7.15-8.30pm.

His previous show was taken over by former Sky Sports hosts Andy Gray and Richard Keys.

Dear oh dear

I've had the misfortune to meet Mike Parry and he's every bit as clueless in the flesh as he is on the radio. I don't listen to 6-0-6 but, unless the format has changed dramatically, I doubt he'll still be on air in a month as I doubt the earnest football fans who do listen will warm to his ill informed reactionary claptrap.

510 posts