Hughes resigns

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Hughes resigns

by Uke » 02 Jun 2011 18:07

"As a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences," he said...

If only we could have managers as loyal as Sparky...

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Hughes resigns

by Franchise FC » 02 Jun 2011 18:09

Uke "As a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences," he said...

Be careful what you wish for - I expect Fulham to be interested in B-Mac (admittedly amongst others). We could end up with Dave Jones

The Doctor

by The Doctor » 02 Jun 2011 18:48

Franchise FC
Uke "As a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences," he said...

Be careful what you wish for - I expect Fulham to be interested in B-Mac (admittedly amongst others). We could end up with Dave Jones

No problem with dave jones as a manager at this level. i'd fear more a george burley or a mickey adams. expect to see zamora depart to villa park now.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Jun 2011 19:11

I'd expect Bentley to follow him to Villa as well. They're going to lose Young and possibly Downing as well and Bentley would be an ideal replacement.

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 02 Jun 2011 19:20

Uke

hughes' contract expires this week

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Jun 2011 19:28

I've always hated Mark Hughes. Ever since that spawny volley which denied little Oldham an FA Cup final appearance back in 1994. Good player, but a very agressive one all the same. He's also had the same shite hair-style since about 1985. He comes across as surly, sour and humourless in interviews and is a chief exponent of the style of blame-the-ref-to-hide-my-team's-shortcomings football management which pervades the Premier League (and lower down, tbf). This kind of myopia denegrates the game in my opinion.

And now he has walked out on a good job at Fulham, insistant that he has not been approached by another club. Given your track record for being economical with the actualite as hinted above, I'll retain a cynical view on that and I look forward to seeing you turn up very soon at Villa Park. And I hope that you fail there.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jun 2011 19:34

floyd__streete I've always hated Mark Hughes. Ever since that spawny volley which denied little Oldham an FA Cup final appearance back in 1994. Good player, but a very agressive one all the same. He's also had the same shite hair-style since about 1985. He comes across as surly, sour and humourless in interviews and is a chief exponent of the style of blame-the-ref-to-hide-my-team's-shortcomings football management which pervades the Premier League (and lower down, tbf). This kind of myopia denegrates the game in my opinion.

And now he has walked out on a good job at Fulham, insistant that he has not been approached by another club. Given your track record for being economical with the actualite as hinted above, I'll retain a cynical view on that and I look forward to seeing you turn up very soon at Villa Park. And I hope that you fail there.

He had a one year contract - which is now up. Walking away is absolutely no problem at all.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Jun 2011 19:41

Franchise FC He had a one year contract - which is now up. Walking away is absolutely no problem at all.

And as soon as the Villa job came up, he couldn't walk out soon enough could he. Fulham I am sure would have been keen to renew his contract and don't forget they gave him a chance after he failed to do anything of note with the City millions. He has also won a grand total of bugger all trophies in management so I'd suggest he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 Jun 2011 19:50

floyd__streete
Franchise FC He had a one year contract - which is now up. Walking away is absolutely no problem at all.

And as soon as the Villa job came up, he couldn't walk out soon enough could he. Fulham I am sure would have been keen to renew his contract and don't forget they gave him a chance after he failed to do anything of note with the City millions. He has also won a grand total of bugger all trophies in management so I'd suggest he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Would you have him here floyde?

The rumour is McDermott to Villa and Huges to the Mad Stad.

Bloke on twitter told me.

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 02 Jun 2011 19:51

Agree with floyd__streete on this.

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 02 Jun 2011 19:59

floyd__streete

i'd say after the way he was treated by citeh fair fecks to him for looking after nm 1

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Jun 2011 20:02

blindedbythelights
Uke

No it didn't

He had an "option" to leave after one year in his two year contract

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Jun 2011 20:20

And had verbally agreed to a new extension

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jun 2011 20:21

And Fulham have been trying hard to get him to stay.

I would not be happy if I was a Fulham fan. It's not a Pardew / McGhee, but it's still shit.

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 02 Jun 2011 20:27

Uke
blindedbythelights
Uke

No it didn't

He had an "option" to leave after one year in his two year contract

exactly

superreadingfan

by superreadingfan » 02 Jun 2011 20:34

fulham owner is well dodgy glad to get away from there on a positive note

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Jun 2011 20:53

Villa say they don't want Hughes.

Chelsea bound?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 02 Jun 2011 21:13

Odd's have taken a big cut for the Chels job.

On a serious note NFA.... Hughes to replace Ancelotti? Really??

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Jun 2011 21:35

If it is Chelsea then I don't blame him but he's hardly the big name Chelsea would have been expected to go for. Hughes is an ok manager. Nothing special. He was shafted by Man City so I suspect he really doesn't believe too strongly in loyalty existing between managers/clubs.
After losing Hodgson a year ago Fulham fans are entitled to feel pretty hacked off at the moment.

The Doctor

by The Doctor » 02 Jun 2011 21:43

Ian Royal And Fulham have been trying hard to get him to stay.

I would not be happy if I was a Fulham fan. It's not a Pardew / McGhee, but it's still shit.

and yet at one point last season fulham fans wanted hughes out. football is a game for hypocrites.