Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by sputnik » 03 Jan 2023 08:33

Pompey give Cowley the boot

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 03 Jan 2023 15:49

sputnik Pompey give Cowley the boot

We always think of The Championship as being a hard division but this season Div1 is extremely difficult to do well in with clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Derby , Bolton all with crowd support that can well exceed 20,000 plus Pompey and Plymouth not far off.

It sounds as though the Cowleys' rather limited style of play isn't producing good enough results at Pompey following equally poor returns at their previous two clubs.

Conservative_dad
Hob Nob Regular

by Conservative_dad » 03 Jan 2023 21:02

Shirley, LOLampard has got to go!

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 03 Jan 2023 21:12

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Jan 2023 08:43

Scott Parker's run at Bournemouth now getting a bit of perspective after O'Neil's new manager bounce. The Cherries have lost seven of their last eight. They don't play anyone higher than 8th place Brighton in their next five games, and desperately need a few wins.

And I've blown his trumpet, so to speak, but can accept that the credit in David Moyes' bank has dwindled somewhat.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Jan 2023 08:55

I can't see Lampard lasting too much longer at Everton, although I don't think all the issues are down to him and it will take years to sort out there. I wonder where him and Gerrard next put themselves on the map. Championship? Abroad like Scott Parker might be a good option?

It would be nice for West Ham to show a bit of faith in Moyes, think he's the best man to get them out of trouble and probably deserves a bit of time because I don't know who else they are going to get realistically that would be a better manager potentially in the long-term. Although 5 defeats on the trot is not going to help his case and he needs a good result or two very quickly.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Jan 2023 09:11

YorkshireRoyal99 I can't see Lampard lasting too much longer at Everton, although I don't think all the issues are down to him and it will take years to sort out there. I wonder where him and Gerrard next put themselves on the map. Championship? Abroad like Scott Parker might be a good option?

It would be nice for West Ham to show a bit of faith in Moyes, think he's the best man to get them out of trouble and probably deserves a bit of time because I don't know who else they are going to get realistically that would be a better manager potentially in the long-term. Although 5 defeats on the trot is not going to help his case and he needs a good result or two very quickly.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2023 13:48

Peterborough fire Grant McCann.

I'll give you one guess who their new manager is.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Jan 2023 13:53

Stranded Peterborough fire Grant McCann.

What a joke :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2023 13:53

It'll probably be changed soon but the Peterborough Wiki page is a thing of beauty at the moment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterboro ... .#Managers

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Jan 2023 13:58

Stranded It'll probably be changed soon but the Peterborough Wiki page is a thing of beauty at the moment:

Haha!

For those who click on the link after it has been changed back, basically has McCann and Fergie having summer to Jan and Jan to summer from now until 2026 :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Jan 2023 15:02

Stranded Peterborough fire Grant McCann.

From twitter
Darren Ferguson has been appointed Peterborough manager during the presidencies of every US president after Bill Clinton.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Jan 2023 16:46

Hendo
Stranded It'll probably be changed soon but the Peterborough Wiki page is a thing of beauty at the moment:

Haha!

For those who click on the link after it has been changed back, basically has McCann and Fergie having summer to Jan and Jan to summer from now until 2026 :lol:

And then Shota Arveladze in 2026.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jan 2023 23:03

Nathan Jones isn't going to last long is he

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jan 2023 07:03

genome Nathan Jones isn't going to last long is he

He’ll be back at Luton by Valentine’s Day at this rate

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Jan 2023 19:36

Franchise FC
genome Nathan Jones isn't going to last long is he

He’ll be back at Luton by Valentine’s Day at this rate

Winter’s passed
He’ll get to Spring and fall

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jan 2023 13:35

Heard a bit of "inside information" regarding how Dyche was sacked at Burnley. Allegedly, the squad were travelling on the team bus where someone from the club has drove Dyche's car (along with his assistant and coaching staff) to the Darwen service station on the M65 and stopped the bus, told Dyche and his staff to get off the bus, before the squad continued to travel to the ground/training ground.

There is also (allegedly) a reason as to why both Dyche and Duncan Ferguson are not currently linked with jobs, something to do with "criminal charges" against the pair.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jan 2023 13:38

YorkshireRoyal99 Heard a bit of "inside information" regarding how Dyche was sacked at Burnley. Allegedly, the squad were travelling on the team bus where someone from the club has drove Dyche's car (along with his assistant and coaching staff) to the Darwen service station on the M65 and stopped the bus, told Dyche and his staff to get off the bus, before the squad continued to travel to the ground/training ground.

There is also (allegedly) a reason as to why both Dyche and Duncan Ferguson are not currently linked with jobs, something to do with "criminal charges" against the pair.

You've read a rumour made up by a 14 year old on Twitter and are reporting it to us?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Jan 2023 13:44

YorkshireRoyal99 Heard a bit of "inside information" regarding how Dyche was sacked at Burnley. Allegedly, the squad were travelling on the team bus where someone from the club has drove Dyche's car (along with his assistant and coaching staff) to the Darwen service station on the M65 and stopped the bus, told Dyche and his staff to get off the bus, before the squad continued to travel to the ground/training ground.

Is that the Duncan Ferguson who is managing Peterborough?

As a job

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Jan 2023 13:50

Uke

Is that the Duncan Ferguson who is managing Peterborough?

As a job

I dunno, maybe a whooosh is in order but....

8722 posts