The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8707 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by genome » 04 Dec 2023 10:37

Winston Biscuit Heckingbottom sacked by Shef Utd. Wilder reportedly on his way back in there

As we know having experienced it with Reading in 2013, going up to the Premier League is miserable if you're losing every week. Money is good for the club but that's it... for fans it's crap.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 04 Dec 2023 10:55

I probably better for a Championship manager's career if they don't get promoted to the Premier League.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2023 13:00

A lost cause for whoever takes over Sheffield United. Don't they currently have ownership uncertainty too? I don't expect them to bounce back.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Dec 2023 13:07

I think promotion pretty much saved them from 'doing a Reading'. No idea if they'll come back down in a healthy state now though

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2023 13:34

There seems to be plenty of candidates to "do a Reading" at the moment. Sheffield Wednesday most obvious, but QPR in a bad way too. Stoke hovering above the drop zone, Norwich in a malaise and Sheffield United too.

They're all clubs with relatively recent PL ambitions who just seem to be losing their way in terms of recruitment and decisions. I hope it's QPR; never liked them. Would be great if in a couple of years we've recovered and they're in the gutter.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2023 14:35

Aside the sacking itself, Sheffield Utd going about it in a very Reading FC way. Leaked to the news this morning, then press conference cancelled and radio silence.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Dec 2023 22:36

Sunderland sack Mowbray

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Dec 2023 23:41

Swansea sack Duff.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Dec 2023 06:33

Is there a transfer window soon ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Dec 2023 07:58

If only Reading was a viable concern there might be a chance of getting Mowbray or Duff.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Dec 2023 08:56

Winston Biscuit Sunderland sack Mowbray

Mental. Sunderland should be careful what they wish for.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Dec 2023 09:08

NathStPaul

classic 'big club' assuming they should be doing better than they are

he only took over in summer 2022 and in his 1 full season got them to the play offs. Its tight in the Championship where they are. They are only 3 points off the play offs now, but are also only 2 points above 14th, and only 7 points above 21st.

Maybe they have someone decent lined up. I would lol if they get someone sh*t in though

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Dec 2023 09:10

Winston Biscuit
NathStPaul

classic 'big club' assuming they should be doing better than they are

he only took over in summer 2022 and in his 1 full season got them to the play offs. Its tight in the Championship where they are. They are only 3 points off the play offs now, but are also only 2 points above 14th, and only 7 points above 21st.

Maybe they have someone decent lined up. I would lol if they get someone sh*t in though

Big Frank hopefully. That would be pretty lolsy.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Dec 2023 09:26

WestYorksRoyal There seems to be plenty of candidates to "do a Reading" at the moment. Sheffield Wednesday most obvious, but QPR in a bad way too. Stoke hovering above the drop zone, Norwich in a malaise and Sheffield United too.

They're all clubs with relatively recent PL ambitions who just seem to be losing their way in terms of recruitment and decisions. I hope it's QPR; never liked them. Would be great if in a couple of years we've recovered and they're in the gutter.

after all the shit we've been through i find this opinion hard to swallow. I don't want to see another club ever go through what the likes us and Southend have been through, no matter what team it is, and how much I may dislike them.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Dec 2023 09:31

Brogue
WestYorksRoyal There seems to be plenty of candidates to "do a Reading" at the moment. Sheffield Wednesday most obvious, but QPR in a bad way too. Stoke hovering above the drop zone, Norwich in a malaise and Sheffield United too.

after all the shit we've been through i find this opinion hard to swallow. I don't want to see another club ever go through what the likes us and Southend have been through, no matter what team it is, and how much I may dislike them.

You are of course right on this point. But I would wish relegation and a bit of stagnation upon them.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Dec 2023 09:34

Brogue

I know a Swindon fan who is absolutely revelling in our mess, which I find odd tbh. You'd think its the most exciting thing thats ever happened to him the way he is with it all

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Dec 2023 09:37

Winston Biscuit
Brogue

I know a Swindon fan who is absolutely revelling in our mess, which I find odd tbh. You'd think its the most exciting thing thats ever happened to him the way he is with it all

there isn't much to do in Swindon tbf

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Dec 2023 11:30

And in the worst kept secret sees Wilder back at the Blades.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Dec 2023 13:00

Sutekh And in the worst kept secret sees Wilder back at the Blades.

Not that I expect them to stay up, but they aren't actually that far behind despite being as bad as they have been. Not insurmountable that they will drop in May, could easily see it being Everton, Luton and Burnley. Having said that, I still think they are the worst of the 4 teams there, Heckingbottom had a tough job to say the least.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Dec 2023 13:46

Had issues though otherwise Berger would of stayed rather than decamping to Burnley.

Wilder on 18 month contract initially so see him as the bloke to get them promoted next year too.

8707 posts