Brogue Rooney gone :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2024 15:56

The Cowley Brothers appointed by Colchester - looks like a very decent appointment for a club in their position - wouldn't have been against them coming to us in the summer.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Jan 2024 16:05

Stranded The Cowley Brothers appointed by Colchester - looks like a very decent appointment for a club in their position - wouldn't have been against them coming to us in the summer.

I commented awhile back that i spoke at length to Cowley around February 2023 time. He is managing his daughters football team on the south coast and we were playing them. He was waiting for the right opportunity, Reading was actually on his radar and would jump at the chance had it arisen, he was waiting for the right club ideally a Championship team as he thought he deserved to be at that level. Surprised he has taken this, but might not have to uproot his family, jobs are few and far between and its a decent setup there.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 Jan 2024 16:07

:roll:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Jan 2024 18:44

Stranded The Cowley Brothers appointed by Colchester - looks like a very decent appointment for a club in their position - wouldn't have been against them coming to us in the summer.

Our chameleon, comedian, corinthian and caricature owner, Dai Yongge, would have got us the Bewlay Brothers instead

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Jan 2024 11:14

Karl Robinson in at Salford

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 05 Jan 2024 18:29

Uke

Our chameleon, comedian, corinthian and caricature owner, Dai Yongge, would have got us the Bewlay Brothers instead

Well, this queen bitch of an owner is certainly ensuring everything is far from hunky dory.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Jan 2024 19:52

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Uke

Well, this queen bitch of an owner is certainly ensuring everything is far from hunky dory.

There’s a strange fascination, fascinating me, while watching the club being run by kooks

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jan 2024 07:28

Uke
Who Moved The Goalposts?
Uke

There’s a strange fascination, fascinating me, while watching the club being run by kooks

Feeling really low and hoping for a starman to give us some heroes and turn the club into a Lazarus.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Jan 2024 13:47

He keeps appointing absolute beginners as manager.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Jan 2024 23:07

paultheroyal

I commented awhile back that i spoke at length to Cowley around February 2023 time. He is managing his daughters football team on the south coast and we were playing them. He was waiting for the right opportunity, Reading was actually on his radar and would jump at the chance had it arisen, he was waiting for the right club ideally a Championship team as he thought he deserved to be at that level. Surprised he has taken this, but might not have to uproot his family, jobs are few and far between and its a decent setup there.

They're an Essex pair, it's basically a homecoming for them. Colchester have taken advantage of the emotional connection as there's no way they should be managing in a L2 relegation battle.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Jan 2024 11:10

Tony Mowbray is the new Birmingham manager. Solid appointment at Championship level.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jan 2024 11:12

Yep decent appointment that. Should never have lost his job with Sunderland.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2024 14:32

Surprisingly sensible appointment from Birmingham. Shame.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2024 17:25

Luke Williams left Notts County for Swansea
James O'Brien replaced him as player/interim manager
Steve Morison in at Sutton

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Jan 2024 18:23

Pepe the Horseman Surprisingly sensible appointment from Birmingham. Shame.

Don't worry, they'll sack him and appoint Jordan Henderson once he gets them into the top 6

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2024 08:39

Mourinho sacked by Roma.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Jan 2024 08:58

One of the greatest managers of all time, but he's arguably done very little for five or six years now. Wonder if he might go to China/Saudi.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2024 08:59

Sanguine One of the greatest managers of all time, but he's arguably done very little for five or six years now. Wonder if he might go to China/Saudi.

I can't remember which thread it was in but I said yesterday that I think he is a shoo-in for the Newcastle job this summer. I can see Eddie Howe being let go based upon their recent form, will be really hard for them to make Champions League.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jan 2024 09:07

almost wrote something about him on here yesterday as his season is really crumbling of late. He has been absolutely huge for Roma and their fans are totally in love with the bloke. They have been selling out the stadium since he has been there in a way they weren't before. Everything I have heard over the past 2.5(?) years has basically said its been like a cult there with him in charge, in a good way. But this season they have started getting a bit miffed at the results. Especially with Lazio's season recovering as their is getting worse

Lost Abraham for a season through injury, Dybala has been poor this season (please can a PL team buy him, please!) which hasn't helped

Still only 5 points off a CL spot, a recoverable job for someone

8707 posts