Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Feb 2024 15:53

Is Warnock still living in Plymouth?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Feb 2024 00:59

From Despair To Where? And we all remember the highlight of his spell as Blackburn manager

Wish he used that piece of tactical genius in his last few months here!

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 06 Feb 2024 09:12

From Despair To Where? Is Warnock still living in Plymouth?

Its almost like Mrs Warnock can take a couple of months of Neil's latest retirement before she snaps and tells him to find a new job at least 200 miles away. Take it he's on for an avoiding relegation bonus, then an 18 month contract followed by half-arsing it for a few months at the start of next season until he gets paid off with a handy pension top up just in time to spend xmas with the family. And repeat.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Feb 2024 10:37

He's only there til the end of the season. Would be madness to offer him an extension.

Keep them up (a formality surely with Livingston in that league), give the owners 6 months to find a replacement then fcuk off back into retirement. Everybody's happy.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 06 Feb 2024 10:57

From Despair To Where? He's only there til the end of the season. Would be madness to offer him an extension.

You say that but its happened pretty much every time he's taken a job in the last decade. See also Hodgson at Palace for further details.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 06 Feb 2024 12:55

Pretty sure he's got a smallholding in the Tamar Valley, in Cornwall.

Apparently he's also got a holiday home in Dunoon on the Cowal peninsula and supports Greenock Morton. :shock: Still over 4 hours away from Aberdeen mind.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Feb 2024 14:36

URZZZZ
Sutekh Can't see Jon Dahl Tomasson having much time left, Blackburn are on a run of 1 win in 11 league games and just 2 draws from the last 8.

Strangely followed a very similar pattern under Paunovic here actually

Situated in the playoffs for the majority of the first season until a collapse at the end saw them just miss out. Largely underwhelming second season aside from one strong run in the middle of the season that propelled their tally. Sacking around mid February will complete the mirrored run!

A couple of mates of mine are Blackburn fans and mentioned this as well, said that we were like this under Pauno. They hoped that they weren't going the same way as what we are. Think Tomasson has put a lot of this on budget cuts and even said he offered his resignation in January as well.

After Huddersfield and QPR's win, a lot of clubs are being dragged back in at the bottom of the table now, Blackburn being one of them. If I had it my way, I'd want QPR, Birmingham and Huddersfield to go down. Although Rotherham are gone, Sheff Wednesday and probably on their way so only 1 of the 3 at best will drop.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2024 10:27

YorkshireRoyal99
URZZZZ
Sutekh Can't see Jon Dahl Tomasson having much time left, Blackburn are on a run of 1 win in 11 league games and just 2 draws from the last 8.

Strangely followed a very similar pattern under Paunovic here actually

Situated in the playoffs for the majority of the first season until a collapse at the end saw them just miss out. Largely underwhelming second season aside from one strong run in the middle of the season that propelled their tally. Sacking around mid February will complete the mirrored run!

A couple of mates of mine are Blackburn fans and mentioned this as well, said that we were like this under Pauno. They hoped that they weren't going the same way as what we are. Think Tomasson has put a lot of this on budget cuts and even said he offered his resignation in January as well.

After Huddersfield and QPR's win, a lot of clubs are being dragged back in at the bottom of the table now, Blackburn being one of them. If I had it my way, I'd want QPR, Birmingham and Huddersfield to go down. Although Rotherham are gone, Sheff Wednesday and probably on their way so only 1 of the 3 at best will drop.

Agree with Birmingham and QPR

Don’t mind Huddersfield, quite a good rapport between the two sets of fans - not a fan of either Sheffield club so no issue with them dropping

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Feb 2024 08:26

Blackburn now safe from relegation. Tomasson sacked (mutual consent) and replaced by John Eustace. Wins first game against a cr@p Stoke. Hoping Rovers have got Birmingham soon.....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Feb 2024 08:31

Sutekh Blackburn now safe from relegation. Tomasson sacked (mutual consent) and replaced by John Eustace. Wins first game against a cr@p Stoke. Hoping Rovers have got Birmingham soon.....

Can really see Stoke dropping this season, they remind me of us a little bit - pretty much stagnating since relegation and almost sleep walking towards a relegation. Poor choices of manager helping the malaise, though believe Schumacher is a good manager but Stoke is the wrong club.

Massive game for them tonight as they host QPR - lose that and if Huddersfield avoid defeat at home to Sunderland then they will drop into the bottom 3 and I don't think they have enough about them to get out again.

Financially they aren't in the trouble we are and have already seen a number of fans online going down the route that relegation would be a good thing as the club can reset with younger, hungrier players and come back stronger as a result. Sounds familar.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Feb 2024 08:42

Yeah would happily see Stoke fall down the leagues.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Feb 2024 12:55

Stranded
Sutekh Blackburn now safe from relegation. Tomasson sacked (mutual consent) and replaced by John Eustace. Wins first game against a cr@p Stoke. Hoping Rovers have got Birmingham soon.....

Can really see Stoke dropping this season, they remind me of us a little bit - pretty much stagnating since relegation and almost sleep walking towards a relegation. Poor choices of manager helping the malaise, though believe Schumacher is a good manager but Stoke is the wrong club.

Massive game for them tonight as they host QPR - lose that and if Huddersfield avoid defeat at home to Sunderland then they will drop into the bottom 3 and I don't think they have enough about them to get out again.

Financially they aren't in the trouble we are and have already seen a number of fans online going down the route that relegation would be a good thing as the club can reset with younger, hungrier players and come back stronger as a result. Sounds familar.

Weren't they supposed to be in trouble with ffp, along with a couple of other clubs? Maybe Bristol City and WBA? All seems to have gone a bit quiet since we dropped.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2024 13:08

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

Weren't they supposed to be in trouble with ffp, along with a couple of other clubs? Maybe Bristol City and WBA? All seems to have gone a bit quiet since we dropped.

Their owner wrote off about £100m of debt to him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Feb 2024 13:12

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

Yep, they found a loophole which I think has since been shut.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Feb 2024 14:48

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Weren't they supposed to be in trouble with ffp, along with a couple of other clubs? Maybe Bristol City and WBA? All seems to have gone a bit quiet since we dropped.

:roll: this is one of the reasons why FFP is not fit for purpose. FL leaving stable doors everywhere which they don't close until the horses have bolted. Did exactly the same with the old "flog your own stadium to yourself" routine.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Feb 2024 16:23

Darren Moore new Port Vale manager. Great appointment for them.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Feb 2024 16:38

Whore Jackie

Pretty sure he's got a smallholding in the Tamar Valley, in Cornwall.

Apparently he's also got a holiday home in Dunoon on the Cowal peninsula and supports Greenock Morton. :shock: Still over 4 hours away from Aberdeen mind.

Late to this thread but yes - he spends a lot of time at Dunoon, and I think he regards that as his "main" homes these days. Have spotted him at Cappielow, also.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Feb 2024 19:05

Pepe the Horseman Darren Moore new Port Vale manager. Great appointment for them.

First three games:

Cheltenham (a)
Reading (a)
Lincoln (h)

New manager "bounce" very likely with this one.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2024 19:43

Sutekh
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Their owner wrote off about £100m of debt to him.

:roll: this is one of the reasons why FFP is not fit for purpose. FL leaving stable doors everywhere which they don't close until the horses have bolted. Did exactly the same with the old "flog your own stadium to yourself" routine.

Again, it's the clubs as a whole who vote for the rules.

And tbf, if the debt is written off then that's not a problem and exactly what a lot of people ask for.

8707 posts