We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5770 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by PieEater » 06 Mar 2013 14:11

There were a few lol's in last nights game.

Sergio "I want to smash your smug face in" Ramos getting an own goal. Lol
Utd falling to pieces with 10 men, lol
Ronaldo scoring, lol
Childish behaviour to the officials, Rio needs a fine or a ban for his applauding
Bitter and petulant Fergie experiencing what every other fan has to and being unable to face the press. Lol

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 06 Mar 2013 14:15

Anyone else notice Nani making a second kick whilst stilling he air.

Def red for me

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 06 Mar 2013 14:28

PieEater Bitter and petulant Fergie experiencing what every other fan has to and being unable to face the press. Lol

I h8 having to speak to the press after reading have been done

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 06 Mar 2013 14:31

MEN editor just on the radio saying he thinks Rooney may well be on his way to PSG this summer

Personally I hope he goes. Bit sick of waiting for 'the best player of his generation' to deliver

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 06 Mar 2013 15:00

soggy biscuit MEN editor just on the radio saying he thinks Rooney may well be on his way to PSG this summer

Personally I hope he goes. Bit sick of waiting for 'the best player of his generation' to deliver

I agree. Not because he plays for United and i support Liverpool either. I just dont think he has come close to fulfilling his potential for United or England. I thought his best tournament for England was when he was still a young kid at Everton. Was brilliant till he got injured and England went out probably because of that injury. He is also slow to reach decent match fitness after a break, probably because he puts about half a stone on each time.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 06 Mar 2013 15:00

retro_royal

by retro_royal » 06 Mar 2013 15:17

soggy biscuit MEN editor just on the radio saying he thinks Rooney may well be on his way to PSG this summer

:|

Waiting for him to deliver what exactly?  I dislike him as much as most after his antics a few years back but you can't argue against his record. If he stays at United for another 3 years he'll prob be their leading goalscorer of all time and if he stays fit could also be England's..
Last edited by retro_royal on 06 Mar 2013 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 06 Mar 2013 15:18

retro_royal

:|

Waiting for him to deliver what exactly?  I dislike him as much as most after his antics a few years back but you can't argue against his record. If he stays at United for another 3 years he'll prob be their leading goalscorer of all time and if he stays fit could also be England's.

A lot of players could have become UTD's leading scorer had they stayed for years longer

retro_royal

by retro_royal » 06 Mar 2013 15:20

195 goals in 353 games. When will he deliver?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 06 Mar 2013 15:23

retro_royal 195 goals in 353 games. When will he deliver?

Try re reading my post. You have conveniently missed out the 'best player of his generation' bit. I wonder why that would be.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 06 Mar 2013 15:29

soggy biscuit

Try re reading my post. You have conveniently missed out the 'best player of his generation' bit. I wonder why that would be.

He only sees the bits that he can argue against is why.

retro_royal

by retro_royal » 06 Mar 2013 15:32

soggy biscuit

Who said he was the best player of a generation?
He's a very, very good striker who has more than repaid a £30m transfer fee with an exceptional goal scoring record spanning nearly a decade.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 06 Mar 2013 15:34

retro_royal
soggy biscuit

Lots an lots of people over the years and that is why I say I am sick of waiting for him to deliver on it.

retro_royal

by retro_royal » 06 Mar 2013 15:41

:lol:

Do you sit at home with a notebook of all things the press have said waiting for things to happen?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 06 Mar 2013 15:48

retro_royal :lol:

Do you sit at home with a notebook of all things the press have said waiting for things to happen?

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 06 Mar 2013 16:14

retro_royal
soggy biscuit

He's a very, very good striker who has more than repaid a £30m transfer fee with an exceptional goal scoring record spanning nearly a decade.

I actually agree with most of that. I just think people thought he would be better than he has been for United. I did. I think the only year he has reached the level i expected was the season after Ronaldo left. Think it was 2009 and he was PFA Player of the year.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 06 Mar 2013 16:47

He lost the spark and dynamism that was so awesome in 2004. But this happens to most players as they get older, I suppose.

SAF dropping him for a striker that could defend better is the most worrying thing for Rooney, because that's been an asset of his that has traditionally been drawn upon for tough CL fixtures.

For once retro is on the right side of this one. Even though we might have hoped for a different Rooney to develop, his record is excellent. My gut feeling is that talk of him leaving United is at least a year premature. I don't think missing out in one big game is going to be enough to discourage him, and PSG wouldn't be a great move.

barelylubedcock

by barelylubedcock » 06 Mar 2013 16:54

Worryingly, he is likely to be one of the best English players of his generation but that just says a lot about the competition

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Mar 2013 17:18

If Rooney isn't the best English* player of his generation then who is?

* I don't think anyone has ever said he's the worlds best

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Mar 2013 17:26

retro,
I wonder what your take on last night's game was.
As I saw it the red may have been a bit harsh and but for that Man Utd MIGHT have won.
Where I think the fans might feel let down is by Fergie's childish reaction which led to the players having a ready-made excuse for losing (players love to lay blame on everybody else but themselves regardless of who they play for.)
IMHO rather than going off on one to all and sundry he ought to have been focused on reorganising his side-I'm sure Mourinho would have been doing that if it were the other way round.

Once Nani went off I thought that heads went down and despite 70,000 of very good loud support the players just didn't do enough nor react to that support.
If it had been an Italian or German side reduced to 10-men I have a feeling that they would have knuckled down,withdrawn one of the two strikers and thought that they only had 30 minutes to last out and they would be through to the quarter-finals.
At the final whistle the druggie going up and mockingly applauding the ref showed that he and his players had already got their excuses ready for the defeat,i.e. not their fault of course but all the fault of the ref.

You may be too close to it all to be subjective but your views would be interesting.

5770 posts