Clubs reveal all in BBC Sport Price of Football survey

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Price of Championship football

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 02 Aug 2011 07:16

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Price of Championship football

by Svlad Cjelli » 02 Aug 2011 07:49

Pretty meaningless, really - they asked the "cheapest ticket" and some clubs responded with prices of special promotions. Also they didn't ask how many seats were available at each price level.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 02 Aug 2011 08:01

Have to agree Ipswich in 2nd made me laugh!!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Clubs reveal all in BBC Sport Price of Football survey

by readingbedding » 02 Aug 2011 09:11

Clubs were asked for their cheapest and most expensive possible matchday adult tickets, as well as the prices for a cup of tea, a programme, and a pie in order to work out the price of enjoying a day at the football for fans without season tickets.

League Two clubs
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14367362.stm

League One clubs
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14367610.stm

Championship clubs
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14367357.stm

Premier League clubs
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14367608.stm

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Clubs reveal all in BBC Sport Price of Football survey

by Platypuss » 02 Aug 2011 09:17

Doncaster :shock:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 02 Aug 2011 09:24

Yeah agree with Svlad, not sure how much info this really gives without knowing how available the cheap tickets are or how many games a season you can get them.

Having said that, QPR and Swansea being 3rd and 4th most expensive is pretty :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Aug 2011 10:48

Seriously that Ipswich price is not something you could get every week.

Joke of a survey :lol:

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 02 Aug 2011 12:18

ZacNaloen Seriously that Ipswich price is not something you could get every week.

Joke of a survey :lol:

Seriously, I reckon they will be happy to sell tickets at £59 every week.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Aug 2011 13:47

Attending football is expensive? Well, who knew :| . Not even the remotest possibility this trend will reverse any time soon so pay up, sit down and shut up, safe in the knowledge that your money is going into the pockets of greedy agents and self-important chav footballers who are utterly spoiled and get the hump if you so much as murmur discontent when they play badly.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 02 Aug 2011 14:14

And yet you still buy a season ticket I assume?

Not the players' fault the clubs pay them too much. Are you going to turn down a job that pays twice your current salary to perform essentially the same (or often an easier) role?

If you want to be angry at anyone, vent your fury at EU law, the numerous football governing bodies and variable European tax laws which make it almost impossible to introduce a workable salary cap.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 02 Aug 2011 14:30

Svlad Cjelli Pretty meaningless, really - they asked the "cheapest ticket" and some clubs responded with prices of special promotions. Also they didn't ask how many seats were available at each price level.

The BBC Watford is the cheapest place to watch Championship football by £5.70
Over the course of 23 home league games that is £131.10
Over 30 league seasons that is £3,933

It would be if their tickets were £10 a match. Unfortunately their next home match will set fans back £26 for the cheapest adult ticket. Shoddy reporting made worse.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 02 Aug 2011 16:11

Even some of our own fans admit its rather mis-leading..only about 5 games are a tenner or so.

You guys won't be one of them.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 02 Aug 2011 16:17

Whats the odds were the £59 for Ipswich?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 02 Aug 2011 16:23

Well done the BBC for reporting something that absolutely nobody knew; that watching football in 2011 is more expensive than it used to be.

Next weeks fearless piece of investigative journalism is about the toilet habits of bears when in close proximity to large areas covered by trees......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Aug 2011 17:30

floyd__streete

Attending football is expensive? Well, who knew :| . Not even the remotest possibility this trend will reverse any time soon so pay up, sit down and shut up, safe in the knowledge that your money is going into the pockets of greedy agents and self-important chav footballers who are utterly spoiled and get the hump if you so much as murmur discontent when they play badly.

Although it's still cheaper than plenty of other days / evenings out.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Aug 2011 21:21

Seal And yet you still buy a season ticket I assume?

Not the players' fault the clubs pay them too much. Are you going to turn down a job that pays twice your current salary to perform essentially the same (or often an easier) role?

I do buy a season ticket as - tragically enough - I have precious few other hobbies, but I don't want another thread to turn into a discussion about me.

You have missed my point though; I don't begrudge them what they get paid - most of them are too stupid to do anything else - it is the fact that graceless behaviour comes as standard with many (most?) of them. Think of Mills petulant finger to the crowd when they deigned to grumble at him, think of Joey Barton's shocking behaviour, I could go on and on here.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 03 Aug 2011 09:56

Sorry it was the specific reference to money that threw me.

Yes many are graceless as you say, but are you not being victim to the lazy generalisation that "all footballers are oiks"?

Of course Mills is a tool, but how many other RFC players can you genuinely say have behaved abhorrently? I think they come across as a pretty decent bunch.

For every Balotelli behaving like a spoilt brat there's another footballer raising money for charity under the radar. Whilst the rest just amble along in the middle causing no particular harm or good.

You come across an intelligent individual, so I am somewhat surprised you subscribe to the angry talk show phone in / daily mail reader generalisations.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Aug 2011 10:02

And, floyd__streete, let me put you in a situation where you're doing your job to the best of your ability, trying your best and doing exactly what your manager had told you do to, and you start getting abused by a bunch of oiks.

Do you :

a) ignore them and carry on with your work
b) respond in kind.

I think Knowing you as I do I think b) is the most likely answer, and why would that change with the amount of money you're being paid or who is paying it (directly or indirectly)?

Footballer in being human shocker.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Aug 2011 10:12

Svlad Cjelli And, floyd__streete, let me put you in a situation where you're doing your job to the best of your ability, trying your best and doing exactly what your manager had told you do to, and you start getting abused by a bunch of oiks.

Do you :

a) ignore them and carry on with your work
b) respond in kind.

I think Knowing you as I do I think b) is the most likely answer, and why would that change with the amount of money you're being paid or who is paying it (directly or indirectly)?

Footballer in being human shocker.

Part of the job is dealing with that criticism though.

Even playing at a lower level I've had abuse from the sideline and you have to rise above it. Controlling your emotions is part and parcel of the game, and certainly part and parcel of the job when those people abusing you are effectively paying your wages.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Aug 2011 10:19

In principle, yes. But everyone is human, and can't really be blamed that much for snapping in the event of rolonged, unfair criticism.

Especially Floyde, I'd wager .....