a nice gesture..

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: a nice gesture..

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 Sep 2011 11:15

If that's the way you're determined to see the comments, then so be it and nothing will change your mind.

But I'd hope a careful reading of what has actually been posted would make a more reasonable and open-minded person actually appreciate and maybe answer the points raised.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 07 Sep 2011 11:20

you are right. why should folk concern themselves with the welfare of others.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 Sep 2011 11:23

I refer you to my previous comment - if you're just going to carry on ignoring what has actually been posted and seeing your own narrative there's no point actually trying to have a conversation with you.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 07 Sep 2011 11:25

Svlad Cjelli I refer you to my previous comment - if you're just going to carry on ignoring what has actually been posted and seeing your own narrative there's no point actually trying to have a conversation with you.

you are right i stand corrected. it was a vapid gesture not worthy of note.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 Sep 2011 11:27

Nothing further to add - I'm not going to attempt to have a constructive conversation with you because it's impossible.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 07 Sep 2011 11:28

Svlad Cjelli Nothing further to add - I'm not going to attempt to have a constructive conversation with you because it's impossible.

fine. the aldershot lads were remiss. end of.

manny96

by manny96 » 07 Sep 2011 11:32

Well, frimmers, you got your two pages - certainly not possible if everyone agreed with your 'look how generous and altruistic shots fans are' plea.

I'm sorry there wasn't a queue of people lining up to pay homage. It's symptomatic and contributory to an unjust world when we attempt to draw desperate attention to gestures that are noble but not particularly noteworthy. It fuels the notion that 'well, I've done my bit to make things right, I can't be bothered to worry about the things that really matter'.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 07 Sep 2011 11:38

indeed. but a few did care. not earth shattering in reality.i think you are reading too much into a story that should provide nothing more than to serve that there is a fellowship between genuine supporters of football that outweighs allegiance and devotion to a particular club.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 Sep 2011 11:43

As you well know but choose to ignore (unless you're mind-numbingly stupid, of course) no-one has ever criticised the "niceness" of the gesture or the degree of "caring" behind it.

But all the questions about the "appropriateness" of the gesture have been completely ignored.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 07 Sep 2011 11:45

Svlad Cjelli As you well know but choose to ignore (unless you're mind-numbingly stupid, of course) no-one has ever criticised the "niceness" of the gesture or the degree of "caring" behind it.

But all the questions about the "appropriateness" of the gesture have been completely ignored.

i doubt in the immediate circumstances that was a concern.why not wait for the recipients to comment?

manny96

by manny96 » 07 Sep 2011 11:46

Svlad Cjelli no-one has ever criticised the "niceness" of the gesture or the degree of "caring" behind it.

Well, I did but that was clearly a joke and the inevitable reaction of posting Aldershot-positive stories here.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 Sep 2011 12:01

frimmers3
Svlad Cjelli As you well know but choose to ignore (unless you're mind-numbingly stupid, of course) no-one has ever criticised the "niceness" of the gesture or the degree of "caring" behind it.

i doubt in the immediate circumstances that was a concern.why not wait for the recipients to comment?

I'm not going to bother. I'll discuss it with the actual people behind it next week.

zummerset

by zummerset » 07 Sep 2011 12:16

I think you have been Frimmered SC...amazing how those afflicted cannot resist biting despite knowing the utter pointlessness of trying to get a sensible response

(we have all been there)

manny96

by manny96 » 07 Sep 2011 12:35

zummerset I think you have been Frimmered SC...amazing how those afflicted cannot resist biting despite knowing the utter pointlessness of trying to get a sensible response

(we have all been there)

A tragic state of affairs zummers. Let's subvert the whole thread. How's life treating you?

zummerset

by zummerset » 07 Sep 2011 12:37

Pretty good Manny been really busy putting in a new kitchen so have been off nobbing for a while. 644 posts already I see - are you enjoying the community?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 Sep 2011 13:05

manny96

by manny96 » 07 Sep 2011 13:12

zummerset Pretty good Manny been really busy putting in a new kitchen so have been off nobbing for a while. 644 posts already I see - are you enjoying the community?

It's a truly horrific distraction from otherwise far more pressing matters, such as a thesis deadline on Monday. So yeah, it's all good, although most of those posts have been irrelevant cack.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Sep 2011 13:20

Wonderful gesture, they didn't have to do anything and could quite easily have turned down the idea. And why shouldn't they get a little kudos for their effort.

If only more "passers by" in this world would show the same sort of kindness and charity we'd all be in a better place.

I'd like to hope that Reading fans would show a similar attitude if circumstances arose.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 07 Sep 2011 14:04

Robbed of seeing the best two sides in the world. And now they are forced to sit through a shots a game at the rec. Just when they thought things coul'nt get any worse.
To be fair it's a nice gesture but you would have thought United would have done something?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Sep 2011 15:04

I hate to say this but this is a generous offer that has been made. There was no need for anyone to do this but it shows that there are some decent people out there. Much that I hate to do this but I am with Frimmers on this one.

Also, anyone else experience damaged toilets at Wembley Stadium for the play off final this year? Apparently, a group of so called Man Utd supporters tried to force their way into the stadium via the exterior toilets.