Billy Sharp

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Billy Sharp

by readingbedding » 03 Nov 2011 13:32

Kid broke a rule according to the ref, Billy didn't according to the ref.
It's all good!

What rule are we talking about here?

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 03 Nov 2011 15:04

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 Nov 2011 16:01

FiNeRaIn TMD has a point. That 15 year old kid for wycombe was booked for hugging his parents in the crowd. Referee's arent allowed to have sentiment...they enforce rules as he did there. Whilst its a nice gesture to see and great that Sharp scored, in the laws of the game he should have been booked like balotelli at old trafford.

Big fcuking deal. The guy lost his son and wanted to reveal a message in honour of him. Good on the ref for having common sense.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 03 Nov 2011 16:07

cmonurz
FiNeRaIn TMD has a point. That 15 year old kid for wycombe was booked for hugging his parents in the crowd. Referee's arent allowed to have sentiment...they enforce rules as he did there. Whilst its a nice gesture to see and great that Sharp scored, in the laws of the game he should have been booked like balotelli at old trafford.

Big fcuking deal. The guy lost his son and wanted to reveal a message in honour of him. Good on the ref for having common sense.

This isn't the fcuking Jerry Springer show it's professional football. Play to the rules or don't play. It really is that simple.

Can you imagine if courts let people off because of mitigating circumstances?

Save yer sob stories for the X Factor.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 Nov 2011 16:09

TheMaraudingDog Can you imagine if courts let people off because of mitigating circumstances?

They do, you complete 'tard. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Nov 2011 16:09

Didn't Fat Frank have a message on his t shirt under his playing shirt after his mum died? Did he get booked? :|

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 03 Nov 2011 16:17

cmonurz
TheMaraudingDog Can you imagine if courts let people off because of mitigating circumstances?

Ah, the expert.

One of the bggest myths ever and a stunt that everyone tries to pull (Inc me before :oops: ) but it gets you nowhere.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 03 Nov 2011 16:21

Lets be honest, who is it offending when a footballer removes their shirt?!.......why the hell they have to be booked for it, is the real joke.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Nov 2011 16:24

There's the rub TBM, this whole story wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't a completely bent law that prohibited doing this. However, if there wasn't a really bent law there would be no end of attention seeking twats choreographing elaborate shirtless cleebrations just so they could get on Soccer Am

So in summary, he should have been booked, but it was quite nice of the ref to ignore it, but he wouldn't have been wrong to apply the laws.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 03 Nov 2011 16:29

Good summers m8. Can we end the thread now?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Nov 2011 20:33

TheMaraudingDog
cmonurz

Ah, the expert.

One of the bggest myths ever and a stunt that everyone tries to pull (Inc me before :oops: ) but it gets you nowhere.

Not a myth, it's just people can see through transparent scrotes like you. Tip.. if you're deliberately trying to use it as an excuse to get away with something... it probably is going to be obvious that's what your doing and its going to be ignored.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Nov 2011 22:59

But that FIFA ruling says :
Disciplinary sanctions are the responsibility of the competition organiser - the referee will include details in the match report.

So the referee was correct not to book him for the slogan, but should have included it in his report - and the Football League have the option of taking action.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 04 Nov 2011 07:16

Indeed - and hence my point above. I'd put serious money on the ref being marked down on his assessment for the incident too.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 04 Nov 2011 07:17

FA Rules state booking.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Nov 2011 07:49

I thought that was for removing the shirt (i.e. over the head). Just lifting it up to reveal a slogan is a different offence.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Nov 2011 09:12

Svlad Cjelli I thought that was for removing the shirt (i.e. over the head). Just lifting it up to reveal a slogan is a different offence.

He did put it over his head, exactly the same as Balotelli did (who got booked). However I am all for the ref ignoring it on this occasion, and I'm sure that even if the FA mark him down for it he will still feel he did the correct thing on the night and will have no regrets over taking no action.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 Nov 2011 10:36

Just to outline the complete and utter stupidity of this rule amendment FIFA introduced to improve the game:

A referee in Ukraine has come up with a contender for the most pedantic red card of all-time during a Premier League match between Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk and Karpaty Lviv.

Dnipro's Samuel Inkoom had already been booked when he was substituted in the 61st minute.

As he trotted towards the touchline, he removed his shirt and was prevented from shaking sub Evgeniy Shakhov's hand by the fourth official.

The Ghanaian turned around to see referee Oleg Derevinskiy brandishing a second yellow card, then a red.

As the substitution had not been completed, Dnipro were reduced to 10 men, but still held on to win 2-0.

Dnipro manager Juande Ramos had little sympathy for his player, saying: "Samuel was already on a yellow card, and we know if you take your shirt off on the field you'll be shown a yellow card.

"It was an unforgivable mistake on the part of our player. A professional can't allow himself to make such mistakes."

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Nov 2011 10:40

Brilliant! You can still be booked after the final whistle can't you? Imagine this ref getting everyone who was swapping shirts after the game!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Nov 2011 10:40

Hmmm double posting ftl

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 04 Nov 2011 10:41

Seems like the manager is agreeing with the ref of that red card and rightly so.