How much do you dislike West Ham

151 posts
rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

How much do you dislike West Ham

by rhroyal » 19 Mar 2012 21:30

My dislike is actually quite serious, as I went to sixth form in Essex and know a lot of West Ham fans. They were arrogant when they cheated with Tevez to survive. They were ripped me when we went down, and upon relegation last season acted like they had a divine right to go back up.

They've got terrible owners; they're managed by BFS and they're gambling so much money on promotion that they have it coming if it all goes tits up. This led me to a thought, which I think a lot of Reading fans would agree with. I'd rather the final table read:

1) Soton
2) Reading
3) West Ham

As opposed to

1) Reading
2) West Ham
3) Soton

How important is a Championship really? Priority number 1 is putting ourselves in the top 2. Priority number 2 is making it at West Ham's expense.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How much do you dislike West Ham

by Pseud O'Nym » 19 Mar 2012 21:35

1,000,000^10 or slightly less than Chelsea.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 19 Mar 2012 21:37

Must say I hate Sham's arrogance and I really hate BFS!!

I hope to god we beat them at theirs and put them a safe distance behind us in the final run in.

I would love it if they lost in the play off final. Would be a massive shock for the money invested in them this year.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 19 Mar 2012 21:40

Tbf I have antipathy to all clubs other than the one named Reading FC. :twisted:

But Reading and Soton occupying positions #1 & #2 in the table after all the games are played would be the prefered outcome... :wink:

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 19 Mar 2012 21:43

I'd much prefer to see Reading beating West Ham up than us finishing 2nd to Southampton to be honest.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 19 Mar 2012 21:46

Pardew

Brooking. Pipped us to 6th.

Unsettled shorey.

Tevez.

Unsustainable spending

BFS said after our 3-0 win its their cup final... That riled me. If we pip them I will somehow find a way of illuminating those words in bold outside his house

So a oxf*rd lot!
But Dave kitson, Anton Ferdinand and soon Brian McDermott have / will mitigate this hate....

GIVE IT TO ANTON! Best game ever!

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 19 Mar 2012 22:05

Readingfanman I'd much prefer to see Reading beating West Ham up than us finishing 2nd to Southampton to be honest.

If we won the league, I couldn't really care who came second.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 19 Mar 2012 22:06

They won us the World Cup in 1966. Top team - hope they go up with a record points score.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 19 Mar 2012 22:17

If there's one club that thinks the rules are made for others to adhere to and them to ignore, it's West Ham and I'm pig sick of their unofficial "World Cup Veto" which they've been living off for 46 years...................................right now, they're bricking it and I'm LOVING IT!!! :P

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Mar 2012 22:20

I'd rather West Ham went up than Southzmpton tbf

PROFLide of the South

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Mar 2012 23:02

Used to think they were ok growing up as they had some likeable players and were decent to watch in the prem but when you get older you pay attention to things more and they have some of the most arrogant fans i've witnessed. They think its everyone's cup final when they play them despite traditionally bigger clubs like leeds, forest, sheff weds,etc all being here in recent time. They pearl out the line " reading are a plastic, shit club, bla bla bla" on almost every occasion, yet half of their fan base is from essex, Berkshire ( laughably) the south coast on top of obviously london and other scattered areas of England. Our fan based is 90% based in Berkshire. I know at least 10 west ham fans that live in Newbury for starters - how the fvck does this happen? On top of that their financial approach to football is disgusting, the whole tevez affair on top of their current squad which consists of about 9 strikers all on astronomical wages compared to this division. There is no way their model is sustainable so if they don't get promoted they'll be in the shit.

The fans around that area are idiots too, I remember going with a mate who was a boro fan to watch a game there when Di canio scored and I must have been 14/15 or so, my mate was wearing a boro scarf and was a year younger than me...this horrible looking but fairly scrawny 30 something year old comes up to me and pulls his lip down to display an ICF tattoo and claims " you're going to get fvcking done wearing colours". I had two thoughts at the time, 1) you're an idiot picking on teenage scarfers when the ICF could obviously handle themselves again actual mobs and 2) lets re-visit this in 10 years time in a neutral venue and see if you are as confident. Then we walked to the ground and got nothing but funny looks/abuse and someone trying to grab my mates scarf off his neck. If we were some twenty something year olds walking around chanting boro songs and acting arrogant I could maybe understand them not being thrilled.

I've been to many grounds in my time and plenty of other biggish clubs, stood outside forest chatting to their fans with my old man as a kid and they were friendly people...boro also..fvcking hell even villa were welcoming when I went there, west ham, millwall, cardiff are just obnoxious aggressive fans to people who aren't even involved in mobs.

Christ, I even watched west ham vs reading in sydney, australia and we drew 1-1, there were 2/3 west ham fans in there moaning/groaning about how reading are a small plastic club they shouldn't be drawing.

me: " how many games at upton park have you been to mate"

one of them: " live in essex so go when I can, once last season".

New age TV fans, the irony is people who call our support plastic are the same people who don't even turn up to watch their own clubs.

Tbh though i've geared myself up for the fact I think they'll get 1st of 2nd, you put so many mercenaries in a team and they'll eventually brute force to some wins and scrap a point or two. For what they've paid for their players they should be producing free-flowing attacking football demolishing teams yet they are stuttering along like a dysfunctional unit. This is what football is in this country these days arrogant fans, clichés, clubs overspending and annoying media hype.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 20 Mar 2012 03:22

I dislike West Ham, but then again I also dislike Soton. There's only one way to find out which one I dislike the most.

FIGHT

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Mar 2012 05:23

I don't give a toss for any other club one way or the other.

However, I do dislike it when fans of one club come over all billy big bollox towards the fans of every other club in their division which, to be fair, we did when we were down in (what is now) League One all those years ago, and what West Ham's fans are doing in this division this season.

mx

by mx » 20 Mar 2012 07:06

Living where I do, I know a few Saints fans. I'd be happier to see them go up with us rather than West Ham, and its an easy away game for me, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Do I dislike West Ham? A bit.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Mar 2012 07:14

there was a link to KUMB on here recently, with a thread on "which club has the most annoying fans" and we were right up there for them. Much of that, I am sure, is due to the Division table at the moment. Saints fans are also singled out.

Similarly, for me, there are clubs I dislike far more than West Ham, but I do not like them right now.

I would prefer Saints to come up with us, tbf.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Mar 2012 07:54

I think West Ham are nice.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Mar 2012 08:15

Can't be arsed with hating any teams it's not worth the effort. As long as we go up I couldn't care less if West Ham joined us or not. No doubt most of their fans feel the same - just the other way about of course!

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 20 Mar 2012 08:22

Last season they were apparently close to going bust if they got relegated. So what do they do, they keep throwing money at it in the hope of an instant return to the PL.

For that reason, and their horrible arrogant owners, I want them to cock it up and stay down. Then watch their equally arrogant fans suffer as the club has to massively adjust their finances and sell their top players to fend of administration.

They're a club that think far too much of themselves and really need a reality check.

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 20 Mar 2012 08:32

i cant stand the owners as they seem to think they have a god given right to be in the prem as they think the club is the acadamy of football but this will get there fans goat up stan colymore tweeted his top 3 southampton reading and leeds

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Mar 2012 08:35

Don't really give a shit about them to be honest. Want to finish above them for promotion sake natch, but wouldn't be fussed if they won the league and we finished second, not that there's much chance of that.

151 posts