Man CitHEHEHE

801 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Man CitHEHEHE

by Royal Rother » 13 May 2022 20:46

BROB0T
Royal Rother Frustrating is definitely the word. He gets in so many great positions but seems to fluff opportunities to score time and time again.

I really don't rate him and yet, his overall goalscoring numbers......

Are there any stats to indicate number / % of missed chances? I reckon he'd be top of the charts in that.

He's second in the league for shot accuracy this season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/pr ... op-scorers

Yes but.....

As Ian would say, I’d rather trust my eyes than a stat that proves me wrong!

There are a number of things I could say that counteract the stats but I think I’ll retire gracefully.

(We all know he’s a bit crap really don’t we?) :wink:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 May 2022 21:33

BROB0T
Royal Rother Frustrating is definitely the word. He gets in so many great positions but seems to fluff opportunities to score time and time again.

Are there any stats to indicate number / % of missed chances? I reckon he'd be top of the charts in that.

He's second in the league for shot accuracy this season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/pr ... op-scorers

You can’t argue with statistics
Although what I see with my eyes belies that stat

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 May 2022 08:47

Jamie Vardy, take a bow. Best goals per 90 rate in the league at 35.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Jun 2022 09:33

TBM Well we have one for Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool

City lost at home to Villa last night in the League Cup and have failed to keep a clean sheet so far this season (13 against in all comps)

Champions again though m8

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 Jul 2022 09:12

Interesting listening to Philip Auclair on the Football Weekly podcast this morning

Says that City have ditched a Russian gambling sponsor and have struck a new deal with an Asian gambling company. Seems to be a new company that no one has really heard of. They operate in countries where gambling is illegal, when looking up the details of the company they say they were founded at a time when they weren't, and there is only 1 person listed as owning the company but the photo used for that person is actually a stock image also used on other websites.

City are also now sponsored by a crypto company based in the Seychelles who have moved there after running into business problems in Malta

More here about that and other similar stuff if you can be arsed to read about it
http://josimarfootball.com/no-questions-asked-were-english/

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Jul 2022 11:08

It doesn't matter, the rules don't really apply to them

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Jul 2022 11:53

Sanguine Jamie Vardy, take a bow. Best goals per 90 rate in the league at 35.

Leicester thread :arrow:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Jul 2022 11:55

Winston Biscuit Interesting listening to Philip Auclair on the Football Weekly podcast this morning

Says that City have ditched a Russian gambling sponsor and have struck a new deal with an Asian gambling company. Seems to be a new company that no one has really heard of. They operate in countries where gambling is illegal, when looking up the details of the company they say they were founded at a time when they weren't, and there is only 1 person listed as owning the company but the photo used for that person is actually a stock image also used on other websites.

City are also now sponsored by a crypto company based in the Seychelles who have moved there after running into business problems in Malta

More here about that and other similar stuff if you can be arsed to read about it

Very shady

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 15 Jul 2022 15:01

Was listening to discussions on the radio last night on how selling Sterling and Jesus to "rivals" could come back to bite them.
What wasn't said much (most of it was about how brilliant Sterling is/was) was that City have signed probably the best striker in world football at the right age and at a bargain price.

If he stays fit it is likely that he will score loads and the club has plenty of providers in Grealish, Silva, De Bruyne , Gundogan, Mahrez and Foden as well as having the largely unknown Alvarez as another striker
They will probably outscore most teams but IMHO their attacking options have been improved over the Summer rather than declined with the sale of Sterling and Jesus who were far from ever-present last season.-City still seem a bit suspect at the back but so few of the other teams possess the ability to get at those defenders it is probably not a great issue.

They will no doubt finish in the top two, some way clear of the clubs that Sterling and Jesus have gone to, and with the aerial threat and physical presence of Haaland may add a bit of roughing-up of the opposition that neither Jesus nor Sterling could so there is now an extra string to their bow which is unnerving for the rest.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2022 13:06

Whoscored is your buddy.

All stats per game across their domestic and international careers

shots / off target / on target / blocked / goals

Sterling plus a few random examples
Aguero ----- 3.4 / 1.2 (35%) / 1.5 (44%) / 0.7 (21%) / 0.6 (18%)
Kane -------- 3.6 / 1.1 (31%) / 1.6 (44%) / 0.9 (25%) / 0.6 (17%)
Sterling ----- 2 / 0.6 (30%) / 0.8 (40%) / 0.6 (30%) / 0.3 (15%)
Rooney ----- 3.1 / 1.2 (39%) / 1.2 (39%) / 0.8 (26%) / 0.4 (13%)
De Bruyne - 2.5 / 0.9 (36%) / 0.9 (36%) / 0.7 (28%) / 0.3 (12%)

:shock:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Jul 2022 14:13

What amazes me is that there isn’t a stat somewhere that shows how close Sterling might have been to Shearer if he didn’t have marshmallow feet from two yards

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Jul 2022 09:07

SouthDownsRoyal
Winston Biscuit Interesting listening to Philip Auclair on the Football Weekly podcast this morning

Very shady

Indeed. Fulham getting criticism for the same. Their new sponsors W88 aren't even interested in growing a UK market - when someone checked this week it wasn't even possible to sign up to an account from the UK mainland. It's shady money from unknown places.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 Oct 2022 18:56

SouthDownsRoyal

City lost at home to Villa last night in the League Cup and have failed to keep a clean sheet so far this season (13 against in all comps)

True

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 Oct 2022 14:46

TBM
SouthDownsRoyal

True

And probably again this season

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Feb 2023 10:46

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Feb 2023 10:55

genome https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536785

Ruh roh

what should you do to a club with an endless supply of money? points deduction right? whats the betting they get a fine :|

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Feb 2023 11:02

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Feb 2023 11:04

100 charges :shock:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Feb 2023 11:13

Specifically mentioned there re Guardiola, but from other sources that the charges concern player remuneration too. Wonder if there is a Juventus-type situation going on, with outwardly stated salary figures not matched by payments to players.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Feb 2023 11:20

Will be watching this situation with intrigue after the EFL threw the book at us last season, obviously different bodies but that is a lot of charges.

801 posts