Re: Man CitHEHEHE

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Apr 2022 18:50

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2022 18:56

Winston Biscuit Being investigated again
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61017887

Can't help but feel they are the only ones. Fairly sure sure the likes of scummy Chelsea are most likely doing it as well.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Apr 2022 19:19

£2m fine incoming.

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 07 Apr 2022 20:42

From Despair To Where?

£2m fine incoming.

Pennies to their owners. It needs to be points deductions and European competition bans!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Apr 2022 11:25

For all the hand-wringing and rule changes, can't help but feel that it matters not a jot. I think there is an acceptance at UEFA that they'd never get a proper punishment like a European ban through CAS, so it's just semantics really.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Apr 2022 14:50

Sanguine For all the hand-wringing and rule changes, can't help but feel that it matters not a jot. I think there is an acceptance at UEFA that they'd never get a proper punishment like a European ban through CAS, so it's just semantics really.

That was my point, really. Whatever punishment they get, it will be a fine which will amount to less than a week's wagebill.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 09 May 2022 09:43

Pep Guardiola Everyone in this country supports Liverpool, the media and everyone

someone's dealing with CL failure well then

:lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 May 2022 17:46

Winston Biscuit
Pep Guardiola Everyone in this country supports Liverpool, the media and everyone

Klopp's response today was simply brilliant, without ever slagging anyone off

Not particularly keen on Liverpool but he is a shining light for football generally

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 May 2022 19:30

Winston Biscuit

Pep only needs to come on Hob Nob to see that it is not the case .

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 12 May 2022 16:51

What a fabulous one-man show last night by De Bruyne v Wolves.
I didn't think that Wolves' keeper had the best of games and referee Atkinson (thank goodness he is retiring) denied Wolves what might have been 2 penalties.

City however did what they had to do and did it very well.

I wonder if Sterling rather than Jesus might be the one to make way for Haaland in the squad.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 12 May 2022 16:57

Kind of annoys me this talk of City needing a striker like they've been playing with 10 men all season

A false nine makes it really difficult for defenders to figure out who to mark etc

Is Haaland going to be like Lukaku (who has phenomenal numbers for WBA, Inter, Belgium and decent enough for United)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 May 2022 17:10

South Coast Royal What a fabulous one-man show last night by De Bruyne v Wolves.
I didn't think that Wolves' keeper had the best of games and referee Atkinson (thank goodness he is retiring) denied Wolves what might have been 2 penalties.

I wonder if Sterling rather than Jesus might be the one to make way for Haaland in the squad.

For someone who really looks like a fish out of water Sterling's numbers are astounding.

His miss last night was worse than anything I ever managed, but again he pops up with a goal
His one on one which went wide was equally poor, particularly when you realise that the keeper had already given up

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 12 May 2022 17:17

Franchise FC
South Coast Royal What a fabulous one-man show last night by De Bruyne v Wolves.

For someone who really looks like a fish out of water Sterling's numbers are astounding.

His miss last night was worse than anything I ever managed, but again he pops up with a goal
His one on one which went wide was equally poor, particularly when you realise that the keeper had already given up

No, you can't knock his numbers.
He has played in 2 very good attacks over the years (and for England) and one can only wonder if his numbers would be anywhere near if playing for a lesser club-we might soon find out.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 May 2022 10:41

Sterling such a frustrating player. Absolutely worth his 70-odd England caps (and at only 27 years old) and he has a good goalscoring record for someone who isn't an out and out striker. But I'm always left feeling like there is a (even) better player in there somewhere. Can't help but feel that Klopp might have been the manager to unlock that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 May 2022 10:58

Sanguine Sterling such a frustrating player. Absolutely worth his 70-odd England caps (and at only 27 years old) and he has a good goalscoring record for someone who isn't an out and out striker. But I'm always left feeling like there is a (even) better player in there somewhere. Can't help but feel that Klopp might have been the manager to unlock that.

I can't believe he is only 27, seems to have been around for ages. I guess that is what happens when you break onto the scene at such an early age.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 May 2022 15:30

Frustrating is definitely the word. He gets in so many great positions but seems to fluff opportunities to score time and time again.

I really don't rate him and yet, his overall goalscoring numbers......

Are there any stats to indicate number / % of missed chances? I reckon he'd be top of the charts in that.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 May 2022 15:53

I have a nasty habit of stating that “he’s so crap”, just before he adds another to his tally

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 May 2022 16:17

Just an inconsistent finisher really. Capable of getting into great positions and can beat a player but his finishing can let him down. He scores as many as he does because of how much City create.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 May 2022 18:38

YorkshireRoyal99 Just an inconsistent finisher really. Capable of getting into great positions and can beat a player but his finishing can let him down. He scores as many as he does because of how much City create.

Except that his goals oring record for England is none too shabby either … and De Bruyne doesn’t supply that ammunition

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 13 May 2022 19:57

Royal Rother Frustrating is definitely the word. He gets in so many great positions but seems to fluff opportunities to score time and time again.

I really don't rate him and yet, his overall goalscoring numbers......

Are there any stats to indicate number / % of missed chances? I reckon he'd be top of the charts in that.

He's second in the league for shot accuracy this season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/pr ... op-scorers

801 posts