Jimmy Kebe

830 posts
paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by paddy20 » 30 Aug 2013 19:20

MmmMonsterMunch I am a huge Jimmy fan but can't help thinking it's all ended up quite sour. If he'd not faked injury to try a force & move & just gave 100% until any move had happened, he would have been welcomed back a hero. Unfortunately he's now tainted his image somewhat which is a massive massive shame.

:(

Thats just not true. He was injured there was no faking it. There wasn't any hint of a move until last Monday.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Aug 2013 19:24

Never really rated him, Michael Gilkes was twice as good.

Has reached cult status for doing f**k all.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Aug 2013 19:24

As if anyone's actually bothered about this bit.
Nobody even knew until some twat brought up the last day or so.[/quote]

Selective memories, it was well known at the time and covered by the media.[/quote]

And the twat P!ssed Off refers to actually provided a link for those with selective memories to refer to! :twisted:

And P!ssed Off why shouldn't supporters and clubs be really worried about an overpaid, injury prone, temperamental player who has a record of refusing to play or getting 'injured' in order to get out of a very good contract that he previously wrung out of his existing club?

Can't remember when a Reading player last pulled that stunt - I'm sure someone can remind me.[/quote]

I can quite understand how you guys have come to these conclusions but take it from me you are very wrong belive me

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2013 19:28

floyd__streete Little > Seol > Kebe.

Seol was absolute skillz, but again - like Kebe - he had the heart of a pea. Goals at Sheff U and West Ham though? Brilliant, imagine Kebe trying an effort from distance like that Seol goal at West Ham :lol:

Imagine Seol running the length of the pitch against Leicester or playing as a second right back against Southampton or tearing through West Brom... or even his deft chips against Leeds and so forth.

Seol had his moments, but he was fairly "meh" after Little's return and left before he could get back in form.

Colin Cheeselog
SCIAG I would like to briefly point to Gylfi's two final goals for us. Against Burnley, when he got the ball from the left about 20 yards out, looked up and decided he was going to score. Then against Leicester he just deftly chipped the goalkeeper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bvz4Nw7cP8

Scunthorpe

I realised my mistake fairly quickly but thought someone would have already quoted me and made me look silly. You're absolutely right.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 30 Aug 2013 19:31

The fact that disappoints me the most is that, quite clearly (as has been aluded to here), he has been fit - and probably fit for quite some time - else just how the heck would he have passed a medical?!

Thus he cannot be tarred with the same brush as other high profile departees in recent times seeking Premiership football, who still put the shift in.

I hope, even more now, that Palace go straight back down with Kebe getting predictably crocked early doors and not fancying another relegation scrap becomes conspicuous by his absence (as usual).

If it is indeed £2M - either straight, or conditionally, then good work Nicky and more fool you Parrish and Holloway.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 30 Aug 2013 19:33

would really to know the last time he actually took on and beat his full back like he used to do in his earlier days , seemed to always take the easy option and attempt an early cross from deep , I for one won`t be grief stricken at his departure.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 30 Aug 2013 19:51

This site is loaded with utter morons who are so fickle they should be banned from voting.
The Jimmy Kebe situation is ridiculous.
Some morons on here claim to be stating facts regarding his fitness. There's no way they know. Only Jimmy Kebe know's his injury status.
The same idiots are also moaning about the clubs' transfer policy.
We apparently made an offer for the guy on trial from Bremen, but they rejected the offer. The same half wits were moaning that we should offer more! How hell do they know how much the guy is worth????
Twats
I wish all Reading fans with an IQ of less than 50 sod off and support chelsea

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2013 19:53

One day Kebe will return and all of you heretics will feel his wrath.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 30 Aug 2013 19:59

Kebe scored a 25 yard screamer against west ham when we won 4-2 but the penalty had already been given, so he can shoot from distance actually....

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 30 Aug 2013 20:00

sandman One day Kebe will return and all of you heretics will feel his wrath.

Why not start a thread, Jimmy:The right decision?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2013 20:02

windermere_royal
sandman One day Kebe will return and all of you heretics will feel his wrath.

Why not start a thread, Jimmy:The right decision?

Maybe I will, Milhouse. Maaaaaaaaybe I will.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2013 20:07

marcusopp I wish all Reading fans with an IQ of less than 50 sod off and support chelsea

But then this place would just be floyd talking to himself?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2013 20:11

Doesn't he already do that?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Aug 2013 20:20

grey_squirrel The fact that disappoints me the most is that, quite clearly (as has been aluded to here), he has been fit - and probably fit for quite some time - else just how the heck would he have passed a medical?!

Thus he cannot be tarred with the same brush as other high profile departees in recent times seeking Premiership football, who still put the shift in.

I hope, even more now, that Palace go straight back down with Kebe getting predictably crocked early doors and not fancying another relegation scrap becomes conspicuous by his absence (as usual).

If it is indeed £2M - either straight, or conditionally, then good work Nicky and more fool you Parrish and Holloway.

I cant understand you? He has said he was fit for the last 2 weeks but wasn't chosen. He could have been on the bench for Watford or Blackpool. Maybe he could have played against Peterboro That was his only fault - not bad in 6 years. He loves it at Reading but has the chance of premiership football. I hate the way some Reading supporters turn on their players if they want to better themselves

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 30 Aug 2013 20:33

28 pages on Kebe :shock:

Cult status is: you play 400+ games for your club, or you are extra special.

The 400 club: Stuart Beavon, Steve Death, Maurice Evans, Michael Gilkes, Martin Hicks, Phil Parkinson, Steve Richardson, Dick Spiers, Jimmy Wheeler.
Extra Special club: Robin Friday, Maurice Edelston, Ron Blackman.

Kebe - not in either club. Jog on sunshine, thanks for the few good performances. Enjoy a torrid time at Palace. Might see you next season, but hopefully wave to you as we pass divisions.

No doubt he will encounter a 'paper cut' in signing a contract with Palace, and be side-lined for a month.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 30 Aug 2013 20:36

Good sodding riddance. If the Sky reported fee of £2M then clearly Palace have more money than sense.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 Aug 2013 20:36

windermere_royal would really to know the last time he actually took on and beat his full back like he used to do in his earlier days ,

In his early days? He at best flattered to deceive until his 9 second goal against WBA in the cup.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2013 20:46

Barney

Thank you for your made up requirements that happen to reinforce your point. Shocker that. Kebe is not "extra special" according to you which, seeing as you are the sole commander of who is allowed to be adored by fans, obviously means he is a waste of memory.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2013 20:48

Barney 28 pages on Kebe :shock:

The 400 club: Stuart Beavon, Steve Death, Maurice Evans, Michael Gilkes, Martin Hicks, Phil Parkinson, Steve Richardson, Dick Spiers, Jimmy Wheeler.

Kebe - not in either club. Jog on sunshine, thanks for the few good performances. Enjoy a torrid time at Palace. Might see you next season, but hopefully wave to you as we pass divisions.

No doubt he will encounter a 'paper cut' in signing a contract with Palace, and be side-lined for a month.

Loved the guy but LOL at Gilkesy being in the "400 club" might have made 400+ apps but he's more like the "half a game in front of the Southbank" club.

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 30 Aug 2013 20:57

Barney 28 pages on Kebe :shock:

By those requirements that would mean Robin Friday does not have a cult status, yet he is the definition of cult status at Reading. Cult status does not have quantifiable requirement don't you think? or how do we measure extra special? and the very fact that this topic is in question, could indicate that he does have some sort of cult like figure in Readings History? Time will tell.
Last edited by Royal Dee on 30 Aug 2013 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

830 posts