Best/Worst Pundit

562 posts
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Best/Worst Pundit

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 07:54

genome Dare I say, Keys made a decent point (although it coming from him is a bit hilarious). Pundits are becoming way too matey and banter-y nowadays. It also risks comments like Carragher's that cross a line.

I find all the japery a bit cringeworthy. Give me interesting analysis, not pub banter between m8s. I dunno, maybe I'm being a miserable git but I preferred punditry when it was a bit more professional.

He can certainly take the moral high ground here, claiming that at least when he was asking a footballer in the studio about a girl he'd met, asking "Did you smash it? I bet you did. I bet you were hanging out of the back of it" he didn't do it on air.

My pure completely made up opinion is that the only people who watch the pundits are people who almost never go to football. When you hear fans like that talking, they all sound like pundits in a studio. Real fans just don't talk about football like that.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Best/Worst Pundit

by BRO_BOT » 14 Mar 2024 10:24

bakerlou
genome Dare I say, Keys made a decent point (although it coming from him is a bit hilarious). Pundits are becoming way too matey and banter-y nowadays. It also risks comments like Carragher's that cross a line.

I find all the japery a bit cringeworthy. Give me interesting analysis, not pub banter between m8s. I dunno, maybe I'm being a miserable git but I preferred punditry when it was a bit more professional.

Broadly agreed, although K8 Abdo ripping into Big Meeks with variants on

"Hi I'm K8 Abdo, I'm here tonight with Champions League winner with Barcelona Thierry Henry, Champions League winner with Liverpool Jamie Carragher, and ...."

is unfortunately a guilty LOL.

Micah Richards is a clown, defo turn off when he's on

562 posts