Bruce Stuckey

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
eddiegrundy

Bruce Stuckey

by eddiegrundy » 06 Feb 2017 14:01

I just thought I'd share a bit of news about a former player. I had a holiday in Torquay late last year, and by pure chance bumped into Bruce Stuckey in one of the local pubs. I overheard him speaking to some of his mates about football and it soon became clear that he used to play for Reading. I couldn't work out who he was, so eventually had to ask. He was very friendly and welcoming and I spent a very pleasant hour or so talking about Elm Park memories. Bruce used to play for Reading in the Robin Friday era and has plenty of stories to tell from that time. He played for Sunderland before Reading and was signed by Charlie Hurley who knew him from his Sunderland days. His other clubs include Torquay and Exeter, plus a spell playing in the States. He was born in Torquay and has now retired back there and has done a stint as an entertainer in the pubs and hotels around Torquay. He has now given that up but is thinking about going back in to it, at the age of 72, as he is getting bored with so little to do!

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Bruce Stuckey

by LUX » 06 Feb 2017 15:29

gr8 stuff, cheers. One of my favourite players. I even registered Bruce Stuckey's Mullett on here for a while, but never used it.

On reflection, not sure he ever had a mullet.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Feb 2017 15:43

That ever reliable internet source Wiki says Bruce is actually going to be 70 on 19 February....

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 06 Feb 2017 16:03

Good player and glad he is still around. Will always remember his last-gasp equalizer at Brentford in '75 direct from a corner.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Feb 2017 18:15

Yep, thanks for that Eddie

A pity Bruce didn't get bored a season or two earlier.......he still probably would've had more about him, than some of what we had.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1