Weekend Football

6019 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Dec 2021 22:29

URZZZZ I feel that could be the end of the title hopes for Liverpool. With them losing Salah and Mane to the AFCON, they ideally had to be in a position where they were within one games distance from City and then capitalise at the end. Big ask from here and the way City are playing, they’ll almost need perfection from here. Do hope I’m wrong though, would be a huge disappointment to see a non existent title race once again given how close the three teams were in November

Chamberlain, like Rashford, is playing at too high a level. Nice guy, work off the pitch etc etc…but ultimately doesn’t deliver on the pitch and I’m astounded how he’s been at a “big” club for 10 years now with such little output

It's amazing how quickly we've gone from "best title race ever" to "City are going to run away with it".

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Dec 2021 22:30

Norwich fans apparently chanting "fcuk off back to Chelsea" to Billy Gilmour today. Classy bunch.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Dec 2021 22:34

Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ I feel that could be the end of the title hopes for Liverpool. With them losing Salah and Mane to the AFCON, they ideally had to be in a position where they were within one games distance from City and then capitalise at the end. Big ask from here and the way City are playing, they’ll almost need perfection from here. Do hope I’m wrong though, would be a huge disappointment to see a non existent title race once again given how close the three teams were in November

Chamberlain, like Rashford, is playing at too high a level. Nice guy, work off the pitch etc etc…but ultimately doesn’t deliver on the pitch and I’m astounded how he’s been at a “big” club for 10 years now with such little output

It's amazing how quickly we've gone from "best title race ever" to "City are going to run away with it".

Yeah, do hope I’m wrong but was about this time last year where there were plenty of teams in the running for the title and City ended up steamrolling their way to the top. Momentum was huge for them last year with 15 league wins in a row

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2021 01:16

Pepe the Horseman Norwich fans apparently chanting "fcuk off back to Chelsea" to Billy Gilmour today. Classy bunch.

Depends what he was doing.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Dec 2021 01:43

Pepe the Horseman Norwich fans apparently chanting "fcuk off back to Chelsea" to Billy Gilmour today. Classy bunch.

Waste of everyone’s time Norwich. Scored in just 8 of their last 33 Prem games, not even 25% :lol:. They need to rethink their approach as “financial sustainability” aside, it isn’t fun for anyone

On the other side, really enjoying watching Palace this season. Think their approach these last few years has even terrific, stabilising under Hodgson before opting for a more adventurous style. Interested to see how they develop but with the likes of Olise, Eze and Zaha, there’s a lot of flair there. By all accounts, Will Hughes is playing well too who seemed to have fallen off the face off the earth, certainly in terms of reputation anyway

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Dec 2021 01:52

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ
From Despair To Where?
The way I read it, they like the notion of playing the "most competative league in the world" but actually, they'd quite like 12 piss easy fixtures a season.

It’s the way they come over and try and alter the English football culture which irks me. Klopp, Mourinho, Solskjaer and now Tuchel. Like life in general, nothing is perfectly set for you, you have to overcome challenges. We’re never getting a winter break so stop asking for one

I partly agree with you and partly with Kerplunk.

Our set-up is what it is and you have to accept that is how it is or do you?.

With the big squads that the top clubs have there should be no complaints about the number of fixtures-rotate the players and if need be maybe there should be a cap on the number of games any individual can play such as 32/38 league games per season.
It would be complicated and possibly favour the big money clubs who can afford to buy expensive squad players but they are already favoured through having more money to spend than the smaller ones.

One other solution could be to reduce the number of teams in the Premier League to say 16-we remember clearly the previous reduction :x so it can be done and the players that feature in Europe and International football might be fresher and in fact it might help the national team to actually win something.

Covid has clouded the issue but maybe it will lead to some change however I agree with URRZZZZ that the foreign managers should just shut up-they have made their point.

Perhaps but I’m not convinced there’s a direct link between number of games played against performance in International competitions. Look at the outcome of Watford against West Ham today (less than 48 hours rest vs two and a half week rest)

With such an emphasis (IMO not so much a positive) on sports science, surely managers have greater scope to assess the physical conditions of each player. Starting a player and then complaining afterwards that they’re having to play through an injury isn’t anyone else’s fault

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 29 Dec 2021 08:02

Pepe the Horseman

Every
Single
Year

Surprised though because Chelsea have the strength in numbers this year it seems

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 29 Dec 2021 08:03

URZZZZ

Waste of everyone’s time Norwich. Scored in just 8 of their last 33 Prem games, not even 25% :lol:. They need to rethink their approach as “financial sustainability” aside, it isn’t fun for anyone

On the other side, really enjoying watching Palace this season. Think their approach these last few years has even terrific, stabilising under Hodgson before opting for a more adventurous style. Interested to see how they develop but with the likes of Olise, Eze and Zaha, there’s a lot of flair there. By all accounts, Will Hughes is playing well too who seemed to have fallen off the face off the earth, certainly in terms of reputation anyway

Norwich along with Rotherham have to be the most tedious yoyo clubs around

At least Fulham and West brom attempt to have a go at playing nice football

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Dec 2021 08:17

leon

Depends what he was doing.

Playing shite in a shite team.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Dec 2021 10:57

BROB0T
South Coast Royal
BROB0T
Whilst I agree, he's the only out and out pace player

Absolutely nothing in midfield (McFred) to get the ball to the forward players until Fernades drop deeper

DeGea is already POTS

All the players were given a clean slate...

...they have shat on that slate!

I don't think I have ever seen a Man Utd team pass the ball as badly and carelessly as they did in the first half-they even managed to make Newcastle with one good player look a decent side.
Still, they will probably buy, and buy and buy again until one day they can compete again with the big boys.

:lol: LOLFC

Not sure why you posted that deep and meaningful point, time waster.
You really have too much time on your hands-see also many photos of houses in Wales that you spent time putting in the politics thread..

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 29 Dec 2021 10:58

South Coast Royal
BROB0T
South Coast Royal
I don't think I have ever seen a Man Utd team pass the ball as badly and carelessly as they did in the first half-they even managed to make Newcastle with one good player look a decent side.
Still, they will probably buy, and buy and buy again until one day they can compete again with the big boys.

:lol: LOLFC

Not sure why you posted that deep and meaningful point, time waster.
You really have too much time on your hands-see also many photos of houses in Wales that you spent time putting in the politics thread..

:lol: 8)

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 29 Dec 2021 20:33

Brentford giving it a massive good go before man City just scored

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Dec 2021 22:33

Winston Biscuit Cole Stockton's 94th minute winner for Morecame

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1462165933024231438

Left out of tonight's squad with Morecambe fans saying its due to a transfer being sorted

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Dec 2021 22:56

Top 3 all way off their game this week.

City, possibly the worst of the lot, the only one to come away with 3 points.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Dec 2021 01:26

Donny Ironside
URZZZZ

Norwich along with Rotherham have to be the most tedious yoyo clubs around

At least Fulham and West brom attempt to have a go at playing nice football

Fulham don’t play too dissimilar to Norwich. Big difference is Fulham overspend in the Prem and Norwich underspend. Need to hit the balance right

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Dec 2021 08:59

>26000 at Ipswich v Wycombe
> 30000 at Blackpool v Boro :shock:
fans are missing their football

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Dec 2021 10:48

Really quite enjoying Blackburn's run towards the top of the table. Hope their promotion push isn't dis-railed by Brereton-Diaz possibly leaving (as is the speculation)

I find them a fairly likeable club, with Mowbray a likeable manager and BB-D story is a nice one too. They seemed fairly average for about the first 15 games and on course for finish around 10th place, then decided to up their game and are blowing teams away. Add to that both Bournemouth & Fulham deciding their form needs throwing out the window and it all feels quite exciting at the top of the Champ right now.

Also a nod to Chris Wilder who seems to have pretty quickly turned 'boro into a very solid team.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Dec 2021 11:07

Winston Biscuit Really quite enjoying Blackburn's run towards the top of the table. Hope their promotion push isn't dis-railed by Brereton-Diaz possibly leaving (as is the speculation)

I find them a fairly likeable club, with Mowbray a likeable manager and BB-D story is a nice one too. They seemed fairly average for about the first 15 games and on course for finish around 10th place, then decided to up their game and are blowing teams away. Add to that both Bournemouth & Fulham deciding their form needs throwing out the window and it all feels quite exciting at the top of the Champ right now.

Also a nod to Chris Wilder who seems to have pretty quickly turned 'boro into a very solid team.

Yeah can see Bereton-Diaz going to the Premier League, wonder if Newcastle might take a punt on him?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Dec 2021 11:15

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit Really quite enjoying Blackburn's run towards the top of the table. Hope their promotion push isn't dis-railed by Brereton-Diaz possibly leaving (as is the speculation)

Yeah can see Bereton-Diaz going to the Premier League, wonder if Newcastle might take a punt on him?

reckon they will have their sights set higher than that. He is the kind of player I reckon Burnley would go for

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Dec 2021 11:25

Winston Biscuit
NathStPaul

reckon they will have their sights set higher than that. He is the kind of player I reckon Burnley would go for

Was thinking more along the lines of who had the money, would imagine he'd be worth upwards of £15m on current form. Hope for his sake he doesn't go to Burnley, football purgatory.

6019 posts