Weekend Football

5871 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Weekend Football

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Feb 2022 08:22

Mitrovic scored his 30th league goal last night (in his 27th game). With 17 league games left he has the time beat Guy Wittingham's 42 goals for Pompey in 92/93, but I doubt he will get near the 2nd tier record which is 59 goals in 42 games scored by Middlesbrough's George Camsell

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Feb 2022 09:03

Winston Biscuit but I doubt he will get near the 2nd tier record which is 59 goals in 42 games scored by Middlesbrough's George Camsell

Really sticking your neck out there. :wink:

One hell of a season he is having. Hopefully he can find a way to be as effective next season, if they are promoted. Fulham well on their way to 100 goals, too. 77 with 17 games left.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Feb 2022 20:32

Brentford season ticket holder at work reckons they will be lucky to avoid relegation. I can't say I have followed them that closely but he says they picked up points early in the season when they had a positive attacking approach but he said its like watching a different team now, very defensive minded, want to just keep possession, players getting nervous and making mistakes

In the form guides all the way up to 12 matches they are in the bottom 3

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Feb 2022 09:34

I for one am looking forward to Mitrovic being a useless lump next season as Fulham stay in the bottom three all year

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Feb 2022 09:58

'The Cameron Jerome Zone'

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Feb 2022 14:32

Winston Biscuit 'The Cameron Jerome Zone'

'The Anthony Knockaert Part'.

'The David Nugent Tangent'.

'The Marlon King Swing'.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 10 Feb 2022 14:44

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit 'The Cameron Jerome Zone'

'The Anthony Knockaert Part'.

'The David Nugent Tangent'.

'The Marlon King Swing'.

Listen, you tried and that's what really counts!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Feb 2022 08:54

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit but I doubt he will get near the 2nd tier record which is 59 goals in 42 games scored by Middlesbrough's George Camsell

One hell of a season he is having. Hopefully he can find a way to be as effective next season, if they are promoted. Fulham well on their way to 100 goals, too. 77 with 17 games left.

Oh yeah. I’m really hoping for that.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Feb 2022 09:03

leon
Sanguine

Cool. I wish you were less of an arse too, I'll be happy with one or the other.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Feb 2022 10:08

The Martinelli red card has made me laugh when I saw it this morning.

Can’t see what he has to complain about. Both incidents are yellow cards. The fact that the ball didn’t go out of play in between is, well, unusual but the correct decision all round

Of course Arteta will complain :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Feb 2022 10:12

Franchise FC The Martinelli red card has made me laugh when I saw it this morning.

Can’t see what he has to complain about. Both incidents are yellow cards. The fact that the ball didn’t go out of play in between is, well, unusual but the correct decision all round

Yeah, no cause for complaint. We see time and again players booked for incidents where the referee has played on - this just one of those rare occasions where the same player has stupidly committed a second offence soon after.

Trying to find it - I'm sure there was a player sent off not long ago for two yellows whilst the ball was out of play, having been booked both for either jumping into the crowd or taking off his shirt after scoring, and then getting a second for dissent, complaining about the first.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 11 Feb 2022 10:13

Sanguine
Franchise FC The Martinelli red card has made me laugh when I saw it this morning.

Yeah, no cause for complaint. We see time and again players booked for incidents where the referee has played on - this just one of those rare occasions where the same player has stupidly committed a second offence soon after.

Trying to find it - I'm sure there was a player sent off not long ago for two yellows whilst the ball was out of play, having been booked both for either jumping into the crowd or taking off his shirt after scoring, and then getting a second for dissent, complaining about the first.

There was a double yellow in a Northern Ireland game IIRC

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Feb 2022 10:15

And Ashley Cole was sent off in the US after two bookings in 15 seconds, the first for taking too long over his throw-in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFwVpQD7bY

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Feb 2022 10:33

Saw on twitter last night the clip from BT Sport where the ex-players were trying to argue against it. LOL-worthy. They're saying he wants to be centre of attention and have all the news headlines, well he is going to for a perfect bit of refereeing.

100% the correct call and if Martinelli is stupid enough to make another petulant foul after he already pushed someone over then I think a 1 game suspension to think about what he did is pretty bang on the money.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Feb 2022 12:07

Sanguine
leon
Sanguine

Cool. I wish you were less of an arse too, I'll be happy with one or the other.

It was a joke. About my longstanding dislike of Fulham.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 12 Feb 2022 14:27

more shite

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Feb 2022 17:14

Hendo

Saw on twitter last night the clip from BT Sport where the ex-players were trying to argue against it. LOL-worthy. They're saying he wants to be centre of attention and have all the news headlines, well he is going to for a perfect bit of refereeing.

100% the correct call and if Martinelli is stupid enough to make another petulant foul after he already pushed someone over then I think a 1 game suspension to think about what he did is pretty bang on the money.

Yeah perfect refereeing. Absolutely dickish from the player

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Feb 2022 19:01

Rodgers got to be in trouble surely? Prolonging the inevitable otherwise, it’s unforgivable conceding the amount of set pieces they do

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Feb 2022 13:56

Consecutive fifth-placed finishes, an FA Cup win, League Cup semi-final, currently 11th, and on a net transfer spend comfortably in the bottom half of the league and not much higher than Watford's. A COVID outbreak also meant they only played two league games in the five weeks from middle of December. If Rodgers is in trouble then the game is gone.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Feb 2022 14:12

Sanguine Consecutive fifth-placed finishes, an FA Cup win, League Cup semi-final, currently 11th, and on a net transfer spend comfortably in the bottom half of the league and not much higher than Watford's. A COVID outbreak also meant they only played two league games in the five weeks from middle of December. If Rodgers is in trouble then the game is gone.

Agreed, laughable to think its even questioned. Under pressure maybe, through his desire to wanting to be higher but come on, in trouble, no chance.

5871 posts