Weekend Football

5737 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: Weekend Football

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 May 2022 20:34

Only for a few minutes :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 May 2022 20:39

NathStPaul
Sanguine
NathStPaul West Ham away is the key game for City, not sure Wolves will offer much resistance in the form they are in. Seem to be on the beach.

Agreed, albeit I've found that bizarre. They still aren't mathematically out of the Europa League spot (although would have to beat both City and Liverpool).

Weird they didn't invest in January, had a really good first half of the season and the manager seemed to have settled well. I am not going to rule out Ronaldo going there in the summer should he leave United.

What? Wolves? :shock:

Well I’ll rule it out for you then.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 May 2022 20:40

Wow, hat trick for KDB in 24 mins!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 May 2022 20:44

KDB for me, is the best player on the planet bar none. That third goal dribbling with both feet was quality.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 May 2022 21:06

Ascotexgunner KDB for me, is the best player on the planet bar none. That third goal dribbling with both feet was quality.

Been my favourite player for years. I don't think anyone comes close to his sheer consistency in awesomeness

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 May 2022 21:36

Wolves are really sloppy. I know it is Manchester City up against them but at least kick them up in the air or something. They've let KDB dominate them all game long.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 11 May 2022 23:35

City effectively just needs one win out of the next two games

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 May 2022 06:59

BROB0T City effectively just needs one win out of the next two games

That’s probably right, although don’t Liverpool have to play Wolves ?
I wouldn’t bank on any of the Wolves players turning up for that - they certainly didn’t last night
How they got a point at Chelsea is beyond me

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 May 2022 07:59

Just to show the difference in Leeds over the two seasons, they managed to avoid defeat in all six home games against the big six last season. 0 points from a possible 36 against them (home and away) this season - really poor

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 May 2022 08:52

Absolute shocker of a tackle by Dan James for Leeds last night. Not quite sure how he could protest it.

"Hey Siri, show me the definition of reckless"

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 May 2022 09:16

My Leeds mate was telling me it wasn't even a foul because he got the ball. :lol:

What I didn't know was that, even if you win the ball, a decision is made on the forcefulness of the challenge and if it can endanger the opponent. Someone I know who has done a referee's course recently has said it depends on the challenge now.

Not that it matters with James' tackle, it was a shocker.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 May 2022 09:21

Awful challenge from James. Just lost his head for a couple of seconds.

Fair play to City, just like three years ago, they've been relentlessly good in the league at just the right time. I'd like to see a couple of freak (ish) results over the coming week (Liverpool win 4-0 at Southampton, City lose 2-0 at West Ham) just for the excitement of a final day shootout, but that looks exceedingly unlikely on both counts.

From Liverpool's perspective, that City might have it as good as sewn up at the weekend might not be the worst thing, and you might see Klopp rest six or seven players for that home game against Wolves.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 May 2022 09:40

I can see City potentially putting 3, 4 maybe 5 past West Ham as well to be honest. I wouldn't bet on it though. Wolves was meant to be a "tricky fixture" but they just steamrolled them last night as well. I can see a similar outcome for West Ham as well at the weekend.

In terms of entertainment value, the title race isn't really exciting as it never takes any twists or turns, as by and large Liverpool and Man City just win every game until the season is done. In terms of quality of the teams, they are outstanding. Arguably the best 2 teams the PL has seen for the period of time and consistency they have shown.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 May 2022 09:50

Wolves was never going to be a tricky fixture for City given their form over the last couple of months.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 May 2022 09:52

They are an awkward side to play against in a decent position. Yes, poor form has potentially cost them a place in Europe this season but they are still, by and large, a tough team to play against on paper at least anyway.

I presume you meant Wolves' form anyway and not City's.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 May 2022 09:57

YorkshireRoyal99 They are an awkward side to play against in a decent position. Yes, poor form has potentially cost them a place in Europe this season but they are still, by and large, a tough team to play against on paper at least anyway.

I presume you meant Wolves' form anyway and not City's.

Both really. It was arguably the perfect opponent for City IMO. Moyes on the other hand will get his players to give everything, West Ham will make it a lot tougher than Wolves did that is for sure. Think City will win but it certainly won't be 1-5.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 12 May 2022 10:01

Hendo Absolute shocker of a tackle by Dan James for Leeds last night. Not quite sure how he could protest it.

I've said it before but I'm not sure Dan James would have made it as a pro if he couldn't run so fast. There doesn't seem to be anything else to his game at all at the moment.

I know the Leeds fans will conveniently blame Marsch if they go down but why didn't Bielsa strengthen their squad in the summer when they were in a excellent position to attract decent players. Was difficult not to chuckle when explaining to Jnr II that the likes of Phillips, Bamford and Raphinha are unlikely to be around to try and get them back up.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 May 2022 10:06

Hendo Absolute shocker of a tackle by Dan James for Leeds last night. Not quite sure how he could protest it.

Lolzed at the Leeds manager who could be seen on the bench looking at the tackle back on his ipad and then angrily getting in the 4th officials face shouting 'he got the ball!'

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 May 2022 10:16

Winston Biscuit

Lolzed at the Leeds manager who could be seen on the bench looking at the tackle back on his ipad and then angrily getting in the 4th officials face shouting 'he got the ball!'

What a clown. Never really heard of him before, but saw on twitter that he was a player who liked a tackle as well? They've had 2 people sent off in the first half in consecutive games now.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 May 2022 10:18

Was it a red card? Yes. Not sure the player deserves to be ostracized though, seen far worse.

5737 posts