Weekend Football

5739 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2023 09:06

Winston Biscuit Kieron Tripper missed a penalty. Since then there seems to have been an outpouring of support and solidarity for him, including an oppo player from the game he missed the pen in. Now Newcastle fans are organising a minutes applause for him to show their support.

I don't understand things anymore

Seriously? How stupid is the game getting?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Dec 2023 12:55

Luton confirm that Tom Lockyer suffered a different issue at the weekend to the one he did in May, and he has now had a defibrillator implant put in, which is the same thing Eriksen had put in

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2023 13:22

Sutekh
Winston Biscuit Kieron Tripper missed a penalty. Since then there seems to have been an outpouring of support and solidarity for him, including an oppo player from the game he missed the pen in. Now Newcastle fans are organising a minutes applause for him to show their support.

I don't understand things anymore

Seriously? How stupid is the game getting?

WTF?

Did he miss because he died?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Dec 2023 13:25

stop being so mean hearted you lot

We Stand With Tripps!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Dec 2023 13:32

Winston Biscuit Luton confirm that Tom Lockyer suffered a different issue at the weekend to the one he did in May, and he has now had a defibrillator implant put in, which is the same thing Eriksen had put in

Have they confirmed whether he'll play again?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Dec 2023 14:13

WestYorksRoyal
Winston Biscuit Luton confirm that Tom Lockyer suffered a different issue at the weekend to the one he did in May, and he has now had a defibrillator implant put in, which is the same thing Eriksen had put in

Have they confirmed whether he'll play again?

Will be much too early to say. The device has been used before - and years before Eriksen - and allowed footballers to resume their careers.

Andy Van Loo was one of the first examples I think. Link below shows him collapsing on the pitch in 2009, and at ten seconds, the device bringing him back to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZN2kmcgeg

But Lockyer's future will depend on his own individual circumstance, extent of any damage to his heart brought about by cardiac arrest, ability to get back to full and then match fitness etc. And of course whether he wants to. Even with an implant like this, I don't know if I'd ever be able to get over the mental hurdle of pushing myself physically knowing I am more susceptible than others to suffering cardiac problems. Fabrice Muamba has the implant fitted, but of course never returned to playing.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Dec 2023 14:34

Not sure how anyone has the bollocks to carry on playing after going through that, much braver than I would be in that scenario.

Given Lockyer has had two such incidents of on field collapse I'd be personally advising him to step away from playing, it just isn't worth it. You have to think of your family in that situation and put yourself in their shoes a little bit.

He is a young man and he is captain of his side so obviously he has some sort of leadership qualities. He could become a really good coach/manager, time is most definitely on his side on that front. We have seen in recent history a few players who have had to retire very young who have gone on to have decent managerial careers. Nothing stopping Lockyer following suit.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Dec 2023 13:46

Leeds hammering Ipswich in the Championship early kick off could be a real momentum changing result, much as I want Ipswich to do it.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Dec 2023 18:00

Zinchenko done twice in the same goal

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Dec 2023 18:07

Great game this

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Dec 2023 20:32

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2023 21:18

Liverpool done by the VAR idiots yet again. How on earth was that handball not given as such in the first half?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Dec 2023 22:30

Was just reading that Sunderland fans were booing and shouting abuse at their new manager today in his first game :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Dec 2023 22:47

Boly sent off for being fouled. Odegaard handball as well.

Every fcuking week.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Dec 2023 11:23

Winston Biscuit Was just reading that Sunderland fans were booing and shouting abuse at their new manager today in his first game :lol:

Loads left early and the ones that remained were as you say booing and shouting abuse at the new manager at his first game :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Dec 2023 13:34

Sutekh Liverpool done by the VAR idiots yet again. How on earth was that handball not given as such in the first half?

It was on in the Nags with no sound on and I was bemused to say the least that it wasn’t given but now that I’ve seen MOTD I really don’t know what they were playing at.

Possibly not as badly done by as Forest were though and to think people were probably worried about a girl refereeing

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Dec 2023 13:41

Silver Fox
Sutekh Liverpool done by the VAR idiots yet again. How on earth was that handball not given as such in the first half?

It was on in the Nags with no sound on and I was bemused to say the least that it wasn’t given but now that I’ve seen MOTD I really don’t know what they were playing at.

Possibly not as badly done by as Forest were though and to think people were probably worried about a girl refereeing

Looked up the VAR ref for Liverpool yesterday and it was David Coote (think he's the one that didn't see anything wrong with Pickford's assault on van Dijk a couple of seasons ago!). He really doesn't have a good record.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 24 Dec 2023 15:11

Luckily, Chelsea have shat the bed worse than us

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Dec 2023 14:26

SouthDownsRoyal
Winston Biscuit Was just reading that Sunderland fans were booing and shouting abuse at their new manager today in his first game :lol:

Loads left early and the ones that remained were as you say booing and shouting abuse at the new manager at his first game :lol:

Pretty standard behaviour for Sunderland fans.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Dec 2023 14:05

NewcastLOLe.

5739 posts