Weekend Football

5824 posts
BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Weekend Football

by BRO_BOT » 02 Jan 2024 07:47

The keeper defo hit Jota with enough force to unbalance him at that speed.

Jota may have exagerated it

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2024 07:53

NathStPaul
Sanguine
NathStPaul Jota doing things the Liverpool way tonight. They get away with murder.

Eek. Too much Xmas sherry? You're better than this. Didn't used to be, but you have been for a long while.

What is your issue with anything that I've said? You think Jota's behaviour is acceptable? That is standard Liverpool. Didn't know you were a closet Liverpool supporter.

I've always been a not-at-all-in-the-closet Liverpool fan, first team I went to see as a kid, went to Anfield a lot.

That aside, the phrasing of your post was appalling. I can just about give you the benefit of the doubt that you meant no more than 'Liverpool players dive' - but as I referenced above, this is the sort of shit 'OMA' used to post a lot.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2024 07:56

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
Sanguine
Eek. Too much Xmas sherry? You're better than this. Didn't used to be, but you have been for a long while.

What is your issue with anything that I've said? You think Jota's behaviour is acceptable? That is standard Liverpool. Didn't know you were a closet Liverpool supporter.

Liverpool have certainly had the rub of the green with respect to refereeing decisions since the Spurs farce. Klopp, of course won’t acknowledge any decisions that go in his favour

Have they? They had one, arguably two perfectly good goals disallowed at Burnley not long ago.

What else has gone Liverpool's way unfairly?

As for Klopp, nor should he. He took a stand on VAR after the debacle at Spurs and said that the broad tech/process wasn't good enough - and most opposition fans derided him. So frankly, opposition sides can do one when it comes to VAR and decisions hereon.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2024 08:26

Most opposition fans derided him because he said the match should be replayed

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Jan 2024 09:11

Sanguine
NathStPaul
Sanguine

I've always been a not-at-all-in-the-closet Liverpool fan, first team I went to see as a kid, went to Anfield a lot.

That aside, the phrasing of your post was appalling. I can just about give you the benefit of the doubt that you meant no more than 'Liverpool players dive' - but as I referenced above, this is the sort of shit 'OMA' used to post a lot.

With all due respect (and I mean that) shut the fcuk up pal and don't ever try to insinuate I meant anything other than Liverpool and their players get away with nefarious tactics and blatant cheating.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Jan 2024 09:48

I am bemused as to what you even thought I was implying?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2024 10:15

NathStPaul
Sanguine
NathStPaul What is your issue with anything that I've said? You think Jota's behaviour is acceptable? That is standard Liverpool. Didn't know you were a closet Liverpool supporter.

With all due respect (and I mean that) shut the fcuk up pal and don't ever try to insinuate I meant anything other than Liverpool and their players get away with nefarious tactics and blatant cheating.

I will never 'shut the fcuk up' at anyone's request, ta. Liverpool don't have a particular reputation for diving any more than others clubs, arguably less so. On that reasonable basis, 'typical Liverpool, getting away with murder' read snide and wholly inappropriate. I've already said everything else I have to say - if there was no other intent then fair enough. It's also true that your previous 'personality' here used to say controversial things a lot.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Jan 2024 10:18

No sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree with this one and making yourself look very silly.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2024 10:22

NathStPaul No sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree with this one and making yourself look very silly.

Already covered that. And I make myself look silly all the time.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Jan 2024 10:38

Nath going nearly as mad as the Neviller did last night here. Both penalties were clear penalties, why would Jota dive when he had an open goal?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2024 10:39

Silver Fox Nath going nearly as mad as the Neviller did last night here. Both penalties were clear penalties, why would Jota dive when he had an open goal?

Remains the case that if you want attackers to stay on their feet more, referees need to award penalties for all fouls, and not just where a player is forcibly tripped.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jan 2024 10:43

I think for a lot of players its just a sub concious thing as its so ingrained in them as part of the sport. feel anyone make the slightest of contact, fall over.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Jan 2024 10:45

I didn't think any of that applied to either penalty decision last night, both players were caught almost after they were passed the fouler so it looked like they were free and then went down, but it just wasn't the case

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Jan 2024 10:47

Winston Biscuit I think for a lot of players its just a sub concious thing as its so ingrained in them as part of the sport. feel anyone make the slightest of contact, fall over.

This is the point I am trying, maybe failing, to make. He cheated the referee into giving a penalty, that wasn't enough contact to knock over an adult human being. I am not just referring to that incident, I felt Liverpool's players were at it all night. And as for Klopp, wow. Seemingly he can berate officials as much as he likes without any repercussions. He sets a terrible example.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jan 2024 10:51

Like most, I have a huge hatred of diving/feigning injury, its just ruining the sport. A lot of my dislike is all the little decisions given frequently in the middle of the pitch. Almost nothing happens, player appeals to ref, foul give, play starts again quickly. I don't see the point?!

I would like the PL to bring in some kind of body language person to help educate the refs. Anyone who's legs collapse beneath them when they get the slightest hand flick into their head needs to be pulled up on it

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Jan 2024 10:51

Yet you're not at all annoyed that Joelinton dodged a first yellow because the ref couldn't be bothered to book him?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jan 2024 10:53

tbc - I didn't watch last nights game. just saw the Jota incident this morning

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jan 2024 11:29

Only just noticed that Sheffield Wednesday, who iirc were miles adrift a few weeks back, have won 5 of the last 8 games under their new young German manager and are only 3 points away from getting out of the relegation zone now!

They are 4th in the 8 game form table :o

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2024 12:15

Sanguine
URZZZZ
NathStPaul What is your issue with anything that I've said? You think Jota's behaviour is acceptable? That is standard Liverpool. Didn't know you were a closet Liverpool supporter.

Liverpool have certainly had the rub of the green with respect to refereeing decisions since the Spurs farce. Klopp, of course won’t acknowledge any decisions that go in his favour

Have they? They had one, arguably two perfectly good goals disallowed at Burnley not long ago.

What else has gone Liverpool's way unfairly?

As for Klopp, nor should he. He took a stand on VAR after the debacle at Spurs and said that the broad tech/process wasn't good enough - and most opposition fans derided him. So frankly, opposition sides can do one when it comes to VAR and decisions hereon.

The point being is that Klopp, Arteta and co are too quick to mention anything that goes against them but yes, rarely acknowledge it when the boot is on the other foot

It’s part of a wider theme amongst managers in post match interviews that does somewhat wind me up where they “haven’t seen” incidents that benefit them rather than just admitting they got away with one

In terms of your other question, the clear red card Konate should have got against Everton. Thought the City disallowed goal was so-so against them - weak from Alisson. Ayew’s red card was soft a few weeks back

Do think what a manager says can somewhat sway the thoughts of a referee. Recall United under Ole getting a penalty almost every week at one point in time, Mourinho and Klopp himself publicly called it out and suddenly the decisions started going against them. Almost to the exact point

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Jan 2024 12:19

Silver Fox Nath going nearly as mad as the Neviller did last night here. Both penalties were clear penalties, why would Jota dive when he had an open goal?

Nice one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5824 posts