Weekend Football

5737 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by NathStPaul » 26 Feb 2024 20:10

6ft Kerplunk Feel a bit for the Maidstone fans, their big FA Cup tie getting shunted to a Monday night for TV is a bullshit decision.

Well it was tonight, Tuesday or Wednesday. Seems like being the first live game of the round is a bigger honour tbh.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 26 Feb 2024 20:16

I guess so. It's just utter bollocks that this round is midweek not on Saturday.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Feb 2024 20:20

Testament to how far the FA Cup had fallen down the pecking order. The FA are as guilty as anyone of devaluing the competition, shame on them.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 26 Feb 2024 20:54

6ft Kerplunk Aren't you missing a league title there Brobs?
You'd have loved Klop to have come in and turned Man U round like he has Liverpool.

that's in the post above

absolutely, but I don't think Klopp or Pep would have succeeded at Utd either.

They'd still have had McFred, Maguire, Martial, DeGea etc on huge, long contracts making it difficult to get rid of them

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Feb 2024 21:25

Got to think one of thr big boys will come in for Bowen in the summer, he's been very consistent for a couple of seasons now. Would really suit United imo.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2024 23:41

NathStPaul Got to think one of thr big boys will come in for Bowen in the summer, he's been very consistent for a couple of seasons now. Would really suit United imo.

Moving to United wouldn’t be a good move for him IMO

Always thought he’d have been a perfect Klopp player, plays a very similar game to Salah

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Feb 2024 08:34

URZZZZ
NathStPaul Got to think one of thr big boys will come in for Bowen in the summer, he's been very consistent for a couple of seasons now. Would really suit United imo.

Always thought he’d have been a perfect Klopp player, plays a very similar game to Salah

Don't think he'd be a bad fit for Spurs, imo.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Feb 2024 08:48

BRO_BOT
6ft Kerplunk Aren't you missing a league title there Brobs?
You'd have loved Klop to have come in and turned Man U round like he has Liverpool.

that's in the post above

absolutely, but I don't think Klopp or Pep would have succeeded at Utd either.

They'd still have had McFred, Maguire, Martial, DeGea etc on huge, long contracts making it difficult to get rid of them

Equally they'd have the coaching savvy not to have turned the likes of Rashford, Sancho, Van de Beek and Antony into nothing players.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Feb 2024 09:01

Hendo
URZZZZ

Yeah could definitely see that, just can't see Spurs paying what it would take to sign him.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 27 Feb 2024 09:17

He'd fit in at Arsenal with their way of playing a centre forward who isn't really an out and out centre forward. He'd get them a lot more goals that Jesus, Havertz and Nketiah.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Feb 2024 09:25

NathStPaul
Hendo
URZZZZ

Yeah could definitely see that, just can't see Spurs paying what it would take to sign him.

Dunno, I know Leicester got relegated, but they paid the money for Maddison.

Would imagine it'll be in the similar ball-park.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Feb 2024 20:18

6ft Kerplunk
A three-person appeal board concluded that the independent commission which imposed the 10-point ban "made legal errors" on two grounds.

It said the commission was "wrong" to punish Everton for being "less than frank" over what it told the Premier League about its new stadium debt.

The appeal board also said the commission was "wrong not to take into account available benchmarks" and that a six-point sanction was "broadly in line" with English Football League guidelines.

Sounds a bit like they've now set a precedent where you can now lie to the Premier League and hide a load of debt as stadium development without worrying about getting docked points for it.

It's a very dangerous precedent......Chelsea and City's lawyers will be all over this.
Your either guilty and your not.....and Everton were so why didnt the EFL see this coming and offer what the EFL offered us? 6 points off and they set out club budgets and signings?. Luton fans must be spitting mad.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Feb 2024 21:59

Notts County continue the most truly horrific of runs, and trash my season acca, this time letting in 4 goals at home to basement side Sutton :roll:

They were top of the league a couple of months into the season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Feb 2024 22:06

Since leaving Norway at 18 Haaland has scored 194 goals in 199 games in all comps at club level

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Feb 2024 22:25

Cracking game between Blackburn and Newcastle. Currently in extra time.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Feb 2024 09:50

Winston Biscuit Notts County continue the most truly horrific of runs, and trash my season acca, this time letting in 4 goals at home to basement side Sutton :roll:

It's like Keegan's Newcastle on steroids. Kamikaze stuff. Not often that a league's top scorers (they have 69 goals in 33 games) are 14th in the table. Only bottom club Sutton United have a worse defensive record.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Feb 2024 09:57

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit Notts County continue the most truly horrific of runs, and trash my season acca, this time letting in 4 goals at home to basement side Sutton :roll:

It's like Keegan's Newcastle on steroids. Kamikaze stuff. Not often that a league's top scorers (they have 69 goals in 33 games) are 14th in the table. Only bottom club Sutton United have a worse defensive record.

what concerns me (with my acca obv in mind) is that it feels like its gone past more than just a poor run of form, and its now who they are. in a 12 game (the past 1/3 of the season) form table they are 4th from bottom, just 2 points better off than the worst team.

Its a bit like Newcastle. People are waiting to see if they can get over their slump, but it turns out the slump is actually who they are and they just happened to go on a good run of form early in the season

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Feb 2024 10:47

Winston Biscuit
Sanguine

what concerns me (with my acca obv in mind) is that it feels like its gone past more than just a poor run of form, and its now who they are. in a 12 game (the past 1/3 of the season) form table they are 4th from bottom, just 2 points better off than the worst team.

Its a bit like Newcastle. People are waiting to see if they can get over their slump, but it turns out the slump is actually who they are and they just happened to go on a good run of form early in the season

They are near ever-present in my 'both teams to score' acca. 26 out of 33 games so far this season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Feb 2024 18:33

Wonder if Liverpool Kids v Southampton will where the shock is this round. Liverpool likely to be without; Salah, Allisson, Nunez, Jota, Endo, Gravenberch, Szboszlai, TAA, Matip due to injury...

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 28 Feb 2024 21:37

Silver Fox How did your weekend go Brobes? Didn't see a smiley emoji from you

8)

I might regret this

5737 posts