Hob Nob Regular

Re: Weekend Football

by BRO_BOT » 07 Apr 2024 17:12

we gave them a gift they'll get there real chance in a min

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 07 Apr 2024 17:14

Not sure I'd have brought on Mount to shore up the midfield.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 07 Apr 2024 17:15

6ft Kerplunk Not sure I'd have brought on Mount to shore up the midfield.

he's usually tidy with the ball

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2024 17:16

BRO_BOT we gave them a gift they'll get there real chance in a min

It will be one of 2 things....Maguire own goal or an Onana cock up.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Apr 2024 17:35

Apart from 2 brilliant goals Man Utd were absolutely terrible (again).

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 07 Apr 2024 17:47

Royal Rother Apart from 2 brilliant goals Man Utd were absolutely terrible (again).

started well up until LFC scored

Mainoo's goal was nice!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Apr 2024 17:47

Do think Liverpool are missing that cool, calm head in attack. It’s where Firmino (at his best) was so important for them as he complemented Salah and Mane so well

Nunez, Diaz and Salah is clearly a very talented front three but it’s slightly too erratic and there have been too many occasions this season where the decision making in the final third has been really poor. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that their record against the top six yields at just 1 win in 8 as you can’t afford to keep missing big chances

Against United alone this season, they’ve tallied 87 shots in three games and not won any of them!

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Apr 2024 18:12

Ascotexgunner
Loafer Ffs Liverpool

I don't want nan city to win the league

Arsenal......

Much prefer them to win it

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2024 18:35

Loafer
Ascotexgunner
Loafer Ffs Liverpool

I don't want nan city to win the league

Arsenal......

Much prefer them to win it

Me too. Anyone but Liverpool, be unbearable. Plus Arsenal look amazing at times when playing out of tight spaces. Just love watching them.
Be crushing for Liverpool if they don't win the league....

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Apr 2024 18:38

Would love us to have been at Wembley today. Who knows, the Money and win would have been such a boost for the club.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Apr 2024 20:22

URZZZZ Do think Liverpool are missing that cool, calm head in attack. It’s where Firmino (at his best) was so important for them as he complemented Salah and Mane so well

Nunez, Diaz and Salah is clearly a very talented front three but it’s slightly too erratic and there have been too many occasions this season where the decision making in the final third has been really poor. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that their record against the top six yields at just 1 win in 8 as you can’t afford to keep missing big chances

Against United alone this season, they’ve tallied 87 shots in three games and not won any of them!

Nunez is not good enough. Has always lacked composure in key moments and is not getting any better.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Apr 2024 20:47

Royal Rother
URZZZZ Do think Liverpool are missing that cool, calm head in attack. It’s where Firmino (at his best) was so important for them as he complemented Salah and Mane so well

Nunez is not good enough. Has always lacked composure in key moments and is not getting any better.

He cost a lot of money. I don't get why clubs spend that much on an unfinished product. He's quick, strong, hard working etc., and could become a beast of a player, but 18 months into his Liverpool his composure and decision making have barely improved. You'd think that when transfer fees are reaching £80m+ you should be getting the finished package.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Apr 2024 21:26

I was pretty unconvinced by Nunez but as soon as Liverpool fans started rolling out the 'agent of chaos' stuff, trying to somehow pretend that him being all over the place was somehow a 4D chess move that everyone else can't appreciate etc, I knew they also didn't rate him at all

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Apr 2024 22:06

WestYorksRoyal
Royal Rother

He cost a lot of money. I don't get why clubs spend that much on an unfinished product. He's quick, strong, hard working etc., and could become a beast of a player, but 18 months into his Liverpool his composure and decision making have barely improved. You'd think that when transfer fees are reaching £80m+ you should be getting the finished package.

Yeah, I like Nunez and his unpredictability and chaos but he isn’t a big game match winner. Takes the wrong choice one too many times

It’s why I think Liverpool are the 3rd most likely to win the title as City have Haaland and Arsenal’s defensive record since the turn of the year has been superb

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Apr 2024 08:21

URZZZZ
WestYorksRoyal
Royal Rother

Yeah, I like Nunez and his unpredictability and chaos but he isn’t a big game match winner. Takes the wrong choice one too many times

It’s why I think Liverpool are the 3rd most likely to win the title as City have Haaland and Arsenal’s defensive record since the turn of the year has been superb

Interesting to see if that changes after Amorim arrives...

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Apr 2024 14:03

Everton have another 2 points deducted due to breaking PSR

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Apr 2024 15:51

Winston Biscuit Everton have another 2 points deducted due to breaking PSR

I want them to go down due to points deductions purely for the backlash.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Apr 2024 16:06

Pepe the Horseman

Without deductions they'd be two points from safety, with five games left.

Their fixture list at least puts in their hands - they still have to play Forest, Luton and Sheffield United, albeit the latter will be relegated by then.

Arsenal away on the last day will be fun if both the title and relegation are still open.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Apr 2024 16:09

Sanguine
Pepe the Horseman

Without deductions they'd be two points from safety, with five games left.

Their fixture list at least puts in their hands - they still have to play Forest, Luton and Sheffield United, albeit the latter will be relegated by then.

Arsenal away on the last day will be fun if both the title and relegation are still open.

10 points, surely?

5778 posts