Weekend Football

5804 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by NathStPaul » 21 Apr 2024 19:09

Winston Biscuit So should ETH stay or go as Man Utd manager after they win the game because a Championship player couldn't put his penalty on target?

He should have gone months ago, bloke is a loser who can only manage successfully in weak leagues. He's not a top level manager and never will be.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Apr 2024 19:09

Winston Biscuit So should ETH stay or go as Man Utd manager after they win the game because a Championship player couldn't put his penalty on target?

Stay....definitely stay. I like this Man United side a lot. Hours of entertainment.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Apr 2024 19:13

NathStPaul No you're a tw*t.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Apr 2024 19:22

I'm trying to think of a similarly embarrassing Reading win, but can't think of any because when we humiliate ourselves we do the decent thing and let the non League guys get the day in the sun their performance deserves. :lol:

I guess is Utd do the impossible and beat City today will be forgotten.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Apr 2024 19:28

WestYorksRoyal I'm trying to think of a similarly embarrassing Reading win, but can't think of any because when we humiliate ourselves we do the decent thing and let the non League guys get the day in the sun their performance deserves. :lol:

What was the game when the opposition went down to nine men? Think it may have been a draw

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Apr 2024 19:30

BRO_BOT
WestYorksRoyal I'm trying to think of a similarly embarrassing Reading win, but can't think of any because when we humiliate ourselves we do the decent thing and let the non League guys get the day in the sun their performance deserves. :lol:

What was the game when the opposition went down to nine men? Think it may have been a draw

I think it was 8 men by the end and yes we only drew. :lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Apr 2024 19:33

BRO_BOT

Yeovil. Bottom of the league and down to 8 men.

I bought my brother one of them Ceefax mugs with that result printed on.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Apr 2024 19:48

NathStPaul

He should have gone months ago, bloke is a loser who can only manage successfully in weak leagues. He's not a top level manager and never will be.

He got Ajax to the SF of CL and was a little unlucky* not to have gone through

I'd keep him purely for a few practical reasons...

To bring in another decent coach now, you'd probably have to buy out their contract and pay off ETH's remaining contract. In a world of FFP, this would reduce the budget for players. ETH has about ten months remaining on his contract so it makes sense to keep him and see if the new structure helps or not.

The new structure would hopefully help get players that need to go out of the door. ETH tried to remove Martial, McTomminay, and Maguire in the summer. They're still here doing oxf*rd all. Maguire has been decent enough but not the sort of CB that allows ETH to play the high line he likes. A new manager is more likely to keep players to assess them. Hopefully, this new structure also recruits players the manager 'actually' wants and not the likes of Fred, Donny that JM and Ole didn't even play (respectively)

United have had a terrible injury record this season so it's been difficult to progress. Also, players like Rashford who have completely shit the bed this season (I'd sell him this summer) or Casemiro who appears to already be in retirement in Saudi. He has made 3 finals and a CL qualification in his first two years which isn't that bad

Who do you bring in? All the names linked so far are pretty shite. If they give it to Southgate I'd probably jack Utd in and start supporting you lot (if you're still going!).

a couple of other reasons that I cba to type out

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Apr 2024 19:48

I was behind the goal in the second half for that. Genuinely considered going on the pitch just so I'd get banned and not have to go back.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Apr 2024 19:49

WestYorksRoyal
BRO_BOT

I think it was 8 men by the end and yes we only drew. :lol:

Yeah that's the one

EDIT: Yeovil, cheers Winny!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Apr 2024 19:51

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman

Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept.

We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game but they didn’t change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times.

NFFC will now consider its options.

Lol.

Those options likely to be some fairly hot water, given they've basically accused the VAR ref of being corrupt.

Having seen the incidents they’ve got some incontrovertible circumstantial evidence that the VAR official is, at the very best, completely incompetent
Two of the three were absolute stonewallers

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Apr 2024 19:51

NathStPaul I was behind the goal in the second half for that. Genuinely considered going on the pitch just so I'd get banned and not have to go back.

I once left my passport at my Mother's house when I went over to visit.

The plane crashing may have been a better result than listening to her

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Apr 2024 19:53

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman

Lol.

Those options likely to be some fairly hot water, given they've basically accused the VAR ref of being corrupt.

Having seen the incidents they’ve got some incontrovertible circumstantial evidence that the VAR official is, at the very best, completely incompetent

What do you think about the Man City 'handball' yesterday?

Michael Oliver appears to be involved in a number of big decisions that have gone City's way this season

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Apr 2024 19:56

BRO_BOT
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal Those options likely to be some fairly hot water, given they've basically accused the VAR ref of being corrupt.

Michael Oliver appears to be involved in a number of big decisions that have gone City's way this season

I thought it was handball, but similar to Young today which was the one I didn’t think was a stonewaller. I would have given it, but there’s enough doubt to see why it wasn’t

Next

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 21 Apr 2024 20:02

Franchise FC
BRO_BOT
Franchise FC Having seen the incidents they’ve got some incontrovertible circumstantial evidence that the VAR official is, at the very best, completely incompetent

I thought it was handball, but similar to Young today which was the one I didn’t think was a stonewaller. I would have given it, but there’s enough doubt to see why it wasn’t

Next

Just watched the Ashley Young decisions and I'd agree with you. Prolly not handball but another ref gives it. To me it's very similar to the AWB one today that was given.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 21 Apr 2024 20:15

genome
John Madejski's Wallet
genome VAR has completely ruined the emotion of the game

Pre VAR no-one would have complained at the goal standing. Gutted for Cov

It’s a difficult argument to present from a logical perspective because, yeah, I suppose the right decision was reached, but it’s just so against the passion and emotion of the game. Just a total buzzkill. Robbed of an iconic FA Cup moment that Coventry fans would be telling their grandchildren about because of 1 inch. It’s so so shit.

One of my mates said it was clearly offside by 3 feet and that Hajji Wright was at fault for standing in such an offside position :| :roll: :lol:

They didn't even show the lines

It's almost as if a Manchester Derby is more attractive of a spectacle so they bribed the FA!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Apr 2024 20:53

BRO_BOT
Franchise FC
BRO_BOT

Next

Just watched the Ashley Young decisions and I'd agree with you. Prolly not handball but another ref gives it. To me it's very similar to the AWB one today that was given.

Brobby, someone lucid and agreeable has stolen your login :wink:

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 22 Apr 2024 07:19

Apologies if this has already been said, but the VAR for the Everton v Forest game was the referee who awarded Reading the “ghost goal” against Watford. He’s probably not a Luton fan at all, it’s just what Watford fans have labelled him after his utter incompetence on that occasion!

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 22 Apr 2024 08:05

East Grinstead Royal Apologies if this has already been said, but the VAR for the Everton v Forest game was the referee who awarded Reading the “ghost goal” against Watford. He’s probably not a Luton fan at all, it’s just what Watford fans have labelled him after his utter incompetence on that occasion!

Tbf, I think the linesman indicated for the goal. Perhaps he gave it because he had bodies in the way and thought the lino had a better view than him.

He's from Nuneaton and went to Staffordshire University which aren't things that would suggest he's a Luton fan. Although it appears he's never refereed a Luton match; could simply be co-incidence rather than any indication he supports Luton.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Apr 2024 08:49

I have reached the kind of levels of dislike of Guardiola that I had of Mourinho when he managed here

5804 posts