5810 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Weekend Football

by Royal Rother » 25 Apr 2024 06:34

Ascotexgunner
Loafer Lovely chokejob from Liverpool

Fantastic stuff. They are starting to look like a team in decline. Maybe Klopp knows.

I think they are.

I have a feeling they will struggle to make Top 4 next 5 years.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 25 Apr 2024 07:05

Royal Rother
Ascotexgunner
Loafer Lovely chokejob from Liverpool

Fantastic stuff. They are starting to look like a team in decline. Maybe Klopp knows.

I think they are.

I have a feeling they will struggle to make Top 4 next 5 years.

Losing mane, as I predicted, has proven to be extremely costly

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Apr 2024 08:20

Arsenal or City? Think City given their **** easy run in with just the one tricky game.

Overall though, following the complete shambles of refereeing **** ups, really think this PL season has no integrity left and so don't really care who wins it or who goes down.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Apr 2024 08:48

LIVERLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Apr 2024 10:01

Decline? I don't know. I think that's a bit knee jerk about a side that were in the title race until the final weeks of the season. A season in which they weren't expected to challenge after their midfield 'rebuild'. And that rebuild has worked. But too often they've conceded a sloppy goal - 'only' four defeats this season, having gone behind 16 times. Always playing catch-up. And Salah has only shown flashes of brilliance.

There's a lot to work with in this squad for the new boss. They probably need another forward. Bradley surely a future star, and some brilliant other youngsters.

If Slot comes in I wouldn't be surprised to see TAA move permanently into midfield.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Apr 2024 10:21

The new boss will hopefully see Quansah as the partner Van Dijk needs, not Konate

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Apr 2024 20:45

Brighton with just 6 league wins since September. No idea of a plan B - just end up with the GK every time, try and play their way out of trouble and lose it. Really poor

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Apr 2024 20:48

Sanguine Decline? I don't know. I think that's a bit knee jerk about a side that were in the title race until the final weeks of the season. A season in which they weren't expected to challenge after their midfield 'rebuild'. And that rebuild has worked. But too often they've conceded a sloppy goal - 'only' four defeats this season, having gone behind 16 times. Always playing catch-up. And Salah has only shown flashes of brilliance.

There's a lot to work with in this squad for the new boss. They probably need another forward. Bradley surely a future star, and some brilliant other youngsters.

If Slot comes in I wouldn't be surprised to see TAA move permanently into midfield.

They’ve always been a side heavy on adrenaline/momentum under Klopp. It’s no coincidence they’ve gone from 1 defeat in 8 months to 4 defeats in 9 games. Like going undefeated for however many games at Anfield and then freakishly losing 6/7 in a row

It’s unfortunate they had their blip at this stage of the season as opposed to Arsenal and City who lost it November/December time but they won’t recover now

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 25 Apr 2024 20:54

Think I'm gonna leave it there for the City v Brighton game. Another dodgy decision goes City's way this season and they score.

Would say that's the league done and dusted

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 Apr 2024 21:13

URZZZZ Brighton with just 6 league wins since September. No idea of a plan B - just end up with the GK every time, try and play their way out of trouble and lose it. Really poor

Hadn't realised they were on such poor form. Forgot they'd had as good as start they did.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 25 Apr 2024 21:22

Clyde1998
URZZZZ Brighton with just 6 league wins since September. No idea of a plan B - just end up with the GK every time, try and play their way out of trouble and lose it. Really poor

Hadn't realised they were on such poor form. Forgot they'd had as good as start they did.

So De Zerbi is just another average premiership manager?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Apr 2024 08:03

Silver Fox The new boss will hopefully see Quansah as the partner Van Dijk needs, not Konate

Konate is the one player the Liverpool fans I know are singling out as seriously underperforming.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Apr 2024 08:23

BRO_BOT Think I'm gonna leave it there for the City v Brighton game. Another dodgy decision goes City's way this season and they score.

Would say that's the league done and dusted

I did think that Dunk MAY have knocked Foden a bit, and if the free kick had been given for that it would, at least, have been understandable.
The Foden slip is simply not a foul and not the result of any other contact, just a slip

Tottenham remain the kingmakers

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Apr 2024 13:41

From Despair To Where?
Silver Fox The new boss will hopefully see Quansah as the partner Van Dijk needs, not Konate

Konate is the one player the Liverpool fans I know are singling out as seriously underperforming.

Tbf it's difficult when you're having to play centre back and basically having to also play right back because the lad that's supposed to be there is on the edge of the opponents 18 yard box.

When strikers are in form you can outscore the opposition from the distribution of TAA. When they're out of form your defence is under pressure, and more mistakes are made back there.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 26 Apr 2024 17:44, edited 2 times in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Apr 2024 14:10

Orion1871
From Despair To Where?

Tbf it's difficult when you're having to play central back and basically having to also play right back because the lad that's supposed to be there is on the edge of the opponents 18 yard box.

When strikers are in form you can outscore the oppositions from the distribution of TAA. When they're out of form your defence is under pressure, and more mistakes are made back there.

TAA is a much better midfielder than right back, it's just that Klopp persists on putting him at RB. Even Gareth recognises that TAA has something to contribute as a midfielder and hopefully will include TAA as such in the Euros squad.

Hope, for their sake, that their new manager sees it as the same as, IMO, Conor Bradley (why couldn't he have been English :evil: ) is a step up from TAA at RB.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 26 Apr 2024 21:43

2 of the best reasons for postponing a match you'll ever see :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Apr 2024 22:20

Oh dear Leeds. :D

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Apr 2024 08:44

Royal Rother Oh dear Leeds. :D

They looked shocking last night :shock:

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 27 Apr 2024 17:09

The handball rule is very subjective. I don't think it was a handball in today's Utd game but it was the same as the one given against AWB

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Apr 2024 14:28

North London derby has to be the worst derby. Not sure anyone outside the 2 sets of fans has any interest in it at all

5810 posts