Shitty v Pool - TV options please

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Shitty v Pool - TV options please

by Millsy » 03 Apr 2022 19:56

Liverpool are 'my team' only because I arbitrarily chose them as a 5 year old (not far off anyone's reasoning who doesn't support thier local club tbf, although I'm sure they'll wheel famliy in as an excuse), never been there etc. But hey they're my (other) team so am watching the potential title decider with some other 'Liverpool fans'. I don't have Sky, but am happy to pay for a legit good stream, rather not pirate.

What are the options for a day pass? Do Sky do anything directly or is it basically Now TV for £12 or whatever it costs?

Weymouth Royal

Re: Shitty v Pool - TV options please

by Weymouth Royal » 03 Apr 2022 21:25

Why pay for a stream? These big companies that take us for every penny, don't give a damn about us, so why give a damn about them?

I'll watch it from home but I'll be cancelling Sky altogether in May to save some money until this nonsense deliberate energy crisis is over.

And FWIW, I grew up in the 80's in a family that was largely Liverpool or United fans, and I chose Liverpool. I spent my youth kicking balloons around my bedroom, doing scissor kicks on the bed, or dribbling around the coffee table pretending to be Barnes, Dalglish, Rush... There's nothing wrong with still holding another club dear to your heart. It's all part of loving the game itself.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Apr 2022 23:25

Yeah I guess. I remember those days and pool still holds a place in my heart, but for me when actually supporting my local club a few years later going to games, singing my town's name, I realised what true emotion for a town and club actually is and any emotion my brain synthesized for Liverpool I realised vanished into insigificance. I simply couldn't really care that much, but of course I still sort of do. Sadly that's all supporters of non-local clubs will ever feel but if they if they enjoy it as I did and know no different, that's cool. Also you're right I sort of care a little for Liverpool but probably more for nostalgia's sake that any love for a town I've never been close to.

As for Sky, you're right I left them ages ago and hate them (recorded a load of stuff to watch later on the reocrder I bought outright only for them to say after the sub finishes they'll scramble it so I can't watch the stuff I've recorded onto my own device. Screw them). Hate big corps. I run Kodi, vpns, sickbeard, couchpotato, usenet, nzbs etc etc so am well into screwing over companies who screw me over and have no need to reward these guys.

However this is more about not letting down mates coming round. Can deal with a shitty stream myself but would rather be treating them to a proper reliable paid-for HD stream as a one off than dicking around with crappy foreign overdubbed streams. Wouldn't feel right as a host. It's never really worked well when I've gone round and that's what they've done and I've missed half the game.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 Apr 2022 11:25

Get Sky Sports like a regular human?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Apr 2022 11:53

Or go to the pub

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Apr 2022 14:09

Silver Fox Or go to the pub

Yeah, surprised it took five posts to get to this bit, actually.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1