The 92 Club - how many have you done?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The 92 Club - how many have you done?

by genome » 26 Jul 2023 11:55

Loafer
NathStPaul
Loafer 91 out of 92, only got salford left

When did you go to Wrexham?

years and years ago when I was younger we visited wales on a family holiday

I must admit, i have not seen a game at all 92 grounds but seen them in person, does that count?

I would say no, you have to see a game

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 26 Jul 2023 11:57

genome
Loafer
NathStPaul When did you go to Wrexham?

I must admit, i have not seen a game at all 92 grounds but seen them in person, does that count?

well of course, and he knows this, it was also put in the OP

'Curious to see if any of you have done all 92 grounds in the top 4 leagues. FYI all old grounds count, and you don't have to have been there with Reading for it to count but you have to have seen a football game there.'

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 26 Jul 2023 12:11

Brogue
genome
Loafer

well of course, and he knows this, it was also put in the OP

'Curious to see if any of you have done all 92 grounds in the top 4 leagues. FYI all old grounds count, and you don't have to have been there with Reading for it to count but you have to have seen a football game there.'

oh
I am ill today so reading is pretty hard for me rn

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 26 Jul 2023 12:26

Royal_jimmy
Brogue PL 20

Champ 22 - missing Rotherham and Sunderland - the Sunderland one is really galling as i traveled up for the game that was postponed last minute cos of the waterlogged pitch

I remember that one. I went up by train and as I got to Sunderland around 1.45 I saw fans walking the other way to me and found it was off. What a waste of a day that was! Shame as I fancied us to get something up there as we started reasonably positively despite a lack of a win.

I went to the re-arranged one as one of the 277 poor souls who braved a 3-0 thrashing.

Was that supposed to be the game directly after we lost at Chelsea after going 2-1 up? You do wonder what could've happened if that game was played with the momentum from the previous season still going and the impact it would've had on the rest of the season.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 26 Jul 2023 12:45

+1 to the Futbology love

Of the current 92 I'm missing
Prem - 3 - Brentford, Spurs and West Ham new grounds (had been to all three old grounds)
Champ - 0
League 1 - 6 - Carlisle, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, Orient, Lincoln, Shrewsbury (although I have watched an Army v Navy football match there)
League 2 - 11 - AFC Wimbledon, Accrington, Barrow, Forest Green (went to the old Lawn), Harrogate, Mansfield, Morecambe, Newport, Salford, Stockport, Sutton

So that leaves 20 left to do of the 92, or 19 depending on the view on Shrewsbury.

Total Grounds visited = 118 comprising
England 102
Germany 1
Italy 2
Portugal 2
Rep of Ireland 1
Spain 3
Sweden 1
Wales 6

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Jul 2023 12:51

Brum Royal Total Grounds visited = 118 comprising
England 102
Germany 1
Italy 2
Portugal 2
Rep of Ireland 1
Spain 3
Sweden 1
Wales 6

135 by comparison although I've forgotten a few matches as well in my lifetime;

England 100
Germany 13
Wales 6
Sweden 3
Croatia 2
Portugal 2
Austria 1
Belgium 1
Denmark 1
France 1
Ireland 1
Poland 1
Scotland 1
Slovenia 1
Switzerland 1

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 26 Jul 2023 12:58

59/92

PL – 19
Championship – 22
L1 – 12 missing Bristol R, Cambridge, Exeter, Fleetwood Town, Leyton O, Lincoln, Northampton, Peterborough, Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Wigan
L2 – 6 :oops:

Hoping to knock off most of L1 this season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Jul 2023 13:49

Loafer I must admit, i have not seen a game at all 92 grounds but seen them in person, does that count?

Driven past Walsall's ground on the M6 and past Brentford's new place when driving into London. Does that count?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Jul 2023 14:25

As for grounds I would like to visit there are only a couple, I am not really bothered if I don't see another Football League or Premier League match live again in truth.

Would like to go to Anfield on a big European night just to say I've done it. Would like to go up to Carlisle too, just looks like a nice old ground.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 26 Jul 2023 14:28

Have been to most grounds and, in descending order,the following quite a few times:-

Anfield
Southampton
Oxford
Bournemouth
Chelsea
Portsmouth
Swindon
Spurs
Exeter
Gillingham
Brighton
Leeds
Man City
Walsall
Forest
Leicester
Stoke
Newcastle
Blackpool
Wrexham
Bristol City
Plymouth
Doncaster
Rotherham
Sheff Utd

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 26 Jul 2023 15:38

RG30 As per Futbology (brilliant app)

I've spent the past hour adding matches I've been to (to the best of my ability when it comes to matches from years ago) into that app, now I'm aware of it. :lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Jul 2023 16:41

Sutekh
LUX not gonna count (it'll be about 30, so not great), but in terms of watching Reading, I've been to Hereford, which I'd say very few of you have done. They were two (?) divisions higher than us at the time too.

1977 FA Cup 4th Round, L 1-0?

Don’t ask why but saw Hereford v Stockport in the 80’s (with two other RFC’ers)
Until Huddersfield v Reading at Wembley was undoubtedly the worst game I’d ever seen.
Highlights were …. only one shot on target in the entire game, which was after Mick Quinn had been given offside, and a 8 shot heading rally

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 26 Jul 2023 18:24

Of the current 92 I have done 68

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Jul 2023 08:46

Clyde1998
Royal_jimmy
Brogue PL 20

Champ 22 - missing Rotherham and Sunderland - the Sunderland one is really galling as i traveled up for the game that was postponed last minute cos of the waterlogged pitch

I remember that one. I went up by train and as I got to Sunderland around 1.45 I saw fans walking the other way to me and found it was off. What a waste of a day that was! Shame as I fancied us to get something up there as we started reasonably positively despite a lack of a win.

I went to the re-arranged one as one of the 277 poor souls who braved a 3-0 thrashing.

Was that supposed to be the game directly after we lost at Chelsea after going 2-1 up? You do wonder what could've happened if that game was played with the momentum from the previous season still going and the impact it would've had on the rest of the season.

Yes that's the one. We really deserved a point at Chelsea that day, thought we matched them. A howler cost us the equaliser and then they nicked a 4th as the keeper was up in the opposition box.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2023 10:10

Royal_jimmy
Clyde1998
Royal_jimmy

Yes that's the one. We really deserved a point at Chelsea that day, thought we matched them. A howler cost us the equaliser and then they nicked a 4th as the keeper was up in the opposition box.

Plus one of their goals (the 3rd?) was offside.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Jul 2023 13:32

Clyde1998

I've spent the past hour adding matches I've been to (to the best of my ability when it comes to matches from years ago) into that app, now I'm aware of it. :lol:

I prefer https://www.footballgroundmap.com - if only because it works on a fat web client.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 27 Jul 2023 13:39

77 of the 92 just based on clubs
Have been to old and new versions of most of those 77

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 27 Jul 2023 14:22

Dirk Gently
Clyde1998

I prefer https://www.footballgroundmap.com - if only because it works on a fat web client.

I use that too - nice, clean, easy to use.

There's a system on TransferMarkt where you can track individual matches and it will calculate the players, managers and goalscorers you've seen along with the stadiums and game stats - apparently the player I've seen play the most is Chris Gunter (168 appearances) from 3,133 unique players; I saw Aston Villa's U21 manager Tony Carss and St Kitts and Nevis international Omari Sterling-James play once. 8)

Can be painfully slow though, so I won't recommend it unless they resolve that (and lower league matches are usually missing - even non-league cup finals - and friendlies aren't listed at all - which means I'm missing a number of grounds on there).

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Jul 2023 14:33

Clyde1998
Dirk Gently
Clyde1998 I've spent the past hour adding matches I've been to (to the best of my ability when it comes to matches from years ago) into that app, now I'm aware of it. :lol:

I use that too - nice, clean, easy to use.

There's a system on TransferMarkt where you can track individual matches and it will calculate the players, managers and goalscorers you've seen along with the stadiums and game stats - apparently the player I've seen play the most is Chris Gunter (168 appearances) from 3,133 unique players; I saw Aston Villa's U21 manager Tony Carss and St Kitts and Nevis international Omari Sterling-James play once. 8)

Can be painfully slow though, so I won't recommend it unless they resolve that (and lower league matches are usually missing - even non-league cup finals - and friendlies aren't listed at all - which means I'm missing a number of grounds on there).

Wow! That's a level of detail way below I want to invest the effort in to discover... :wink:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Jul 2023 16:07

I've seen Reading play at 63 grounds old and new of the current 92 league clubs plus 9 in the conference.

However of the current 92 league grounds I've been to 39.