Taking shirt off whilst scoring debate

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Taking shirt off whilst scoring debate

by Loafer » 30 Jan 2024 19:34

Jaidon Anthony took his shirt off as he scored and it said "rip mum" on it as he lost his mum the week before or something

The referee booked him

Should the ref have shown compassion or not ? Or was he correct in following the laws of the game and booking him?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Taking shirt off whilst scoring debate

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Jan 2024 20:41

The refs just follow the laws set out, and if the ref didn't book him then it would be the ref who gets penalised, which would be unfair.

Taking your top off when you score a goal makes you an absolute helmet anyway so I don't care if players are booked for it.

Maybe they could introduce helmet cards for the ref to show? 3 helmet cards = a red card.

Slapping your hand on the ground to try and emphasise just how injured you are would result in a double helmet carding

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 30 Jan 2024 20:53

Taking shirt off should be an instant red, players have had long enough to learn they're not supposed to do it.

Ok with lifting shirt up to display a message.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 30 Jan 2024 21:28

6ft Kerplunk Taking shirt off should be an instant red, players have had long enough to learn they're not supposed to do it.

Ok with lifting shirt up to display a message.

6footer is a shirtlifter :(

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jan 2024 21:39

I'm in favour of a 30 second goal celebration window where the scorer can do whatever they like as long as it's not illegal or inciting opposition supporters.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2024 07:50

NathStPaul I'm in favour of a 30 second goal celebration window where the scorer can do whatever they like as long as it's not illegal or inciting opposition supporters.

Emmanuel Adebayor does not like this idea.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Jan 2024 07:52

From Despair To Where?
NathStPaul I'm in favour of a 30 second goal celebration window where the scorer can do whatever they like as long as it's not illegal or inciting opposition supporters.

Emmanuel Adebayor does not like this idea.

That's up there in my top 10 favourite ever football moments.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2024 08:15

Don't think I've ever seen any player take their shirt off as they actually score a goal. Seen plenty do it after they've scored though. Whole idea of booking a player for taking their shirt off for a few seconds is ******* stupid anyway, but if that is the rule then it should be applied 100% in every case. NO EXCEPTIONS..

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Feb 2024 19:40

Sutekh Don't think I've ever seen any player take their shirt off as they actually score a goal. Seen plenty do it after they've scored though. Whole idea of booking a player for taking their shirt off for a few seconds is ******* stupid anyway, but if that is the rule then it should be applied 100% in every case. NO EXCEPTIONS..

I'm happy to make exceptions for the women's game. In fact, it should be made compulsory there... :wink:

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1