Football Rel8d Gripes

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Football Rel8d Gripes

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2024 19:11

Sutekh England never getting the world cup finals despite being one of the few nations with the infrastructure to be able to meet FIFA's ever increasing, over the top demands.

It’s odd, I can’t quite work out why places like Russia and Qatar get chosen :D

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Apr 2024 19:43

genome Topical: fans (and now clubs apparently) immediately leaping to corruption over bad refereeing decisions, rather than the far simpler explanation of them just being useless.

Fans prefer trying to get sympathy from claiming they are victims, rather than just accepting someone made a wrong call

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Apr 2024 08:34

'bottled it' seems to have now fully replaced the word 'lost'. You now either just win things or you bottle things.

also, everything is a 'transition period' if you don't win something (bottle something)

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Apr 2024 17:01

Pundits trying to be polite and professional about teams who are as good as relegated due to GD, by pretending they are almost down but have an outside chance of staying up.

Huddersfield need a 15 goal swing in order to stay up. Just say they are down ffs!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Apr 2024 17:08

You'll regret that post if they win 15-0 at Ipswich next week.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Apr 2024 18:40

From Despair To Where? You'll regret that post if they win 15-0 at Ipswich next week.

Technically, they only need 14 as in order for it to count Plymouth need to have theirs worsened :wink:

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 01 May 2024 09:45

Winston Biscuit Pundits trying to be polite and professional about teams who are as good as relegated due to GD, by pretending they are almost down but have an outside chance of staying up.

Huddersfield need a 15 goal swing in order to stay up. Just say they are down ffs!

if Reading had put 8 past Derby we would have stayed up. We had 3 on the board very quickly. We didnt push on hard enough.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 May 2024 22:59

Winston Biscuit I had forgotten that it's this time of the season you get headlines of 'x ruled out for season', which means they are out for 2 weeks.

Just seen a 'Timo Werner ruled out for season' headline

That'll be 18 days then :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 May 2024 07:11

Greatwesternline
Winston Biscuit Pundits trying to be polite and professional about teams who are as good as relegated due to GD, by pretending they are almost down but have an outside chance of staying up.

if Reading had put 8 past Derby we would have stayed up. We had 3 on the board very quickly. We didnt push on hard enough.

Problem was that Coppell said sometime afterward that he hadn't realised/didn't know about it and if he had he'd have done things differently.

Reading would have stayed up that season, despite losing both league game against Fulham though, if they'd just not conceded a goal in injury time of both games against them :evil:

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 02 May 2024 09:32

Sutekh
Greatwesternline

Problem was that Coppell said sometime afterward that he hadn't realised/didn't know about it and if he had he'd have done things differently.

Reading would have stayed up that season, despite losing both league game against Fulham though, if they'd just not conceded a goal in injury time of both games against them :evil:

I know Coppello was a fan of not looking at the league table, but i find it hard to believe none of his coaching staff, not any of the players in the squad had not looked at the league table in the run up to the game, football being their job and all.

I've heard that anecdote before from Coppell and it just doesnt make any sense.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 May 2024 09:36

Greatwesternline

We were still only 1 nil up at the hour mark.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 02 May 2024 09:59

Winston Biscuit
Greatwesternline

I've completely made up a memory then. Crazy. Fulham were also drawing until the 80th minute or something.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 May 2024 10:09

Greatwesternline
Winston Biscuit
Greatwesternline

I've completely made up a memory then. Crazy. Fulham were also drawing until the 80th minute or something.

I don't blame Danny Murphy though, despite it being wholly a Reading cock up by failing to strengthen suitably (Fae ffs!) or letting those late goals in, it's obviously the fault of the south coast cheats, Pompey.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 02 May 2024 14:35

Anyone who says “look” as part of a sentence when interviewed I find really patronising and irritating.

Modern day “game management”. Blackpool on Saturday was a good example. They were in a hurry from the kick off then score after 4 minutes and then from the 4th minute until our equaliser spent forever over free kick, goal kick, etc, to break up any momentum we were building.

Opposition players who shithouse home fans after scoring despite having had no shit from the fans beforehand, just celebrate the goal with your teammates and/or your own fans.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 02 May 2024 14:38

Sutekh
Greatwesternline
Winston Biscuit

I don't blame Danny Murphy though, despite it being wholly a Reading cock up by failing to strengthen suitably (Fae ffs!) or letting those late goals in, it's obviously the fault of the south coast cheats, Pompey.

Our own crap performances in the home games in April against Fulham and Wigan pissed me off much more than Pompey fielding a weakened team the week before an FA Cup final.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 02 May 2024 15:30

"Potential banana skin"

It's a potential slip up, or a banana skin. Not all banana skins are slipped on, very few in fact. So you're saying it has the potential to be a potential slip up? What's that all about?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 02 May 2024 15:36

No drinks within sight of the pitch.

We've got to find a way past this - especially as the fan base gets more middle class.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 May 2024 15:47

Green No drinks within sight of the pitch.

We've got to find a way past this - especially as the fan base gets more middle class.

Session ales only?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 May 2024 16:27

actually genuinely heard 'away goals count double' just recently.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 May 2024 17:51

Hendo
Green No drinks within sight of the pitch.

Session ales only?

My gripe is with the fans who made them introduce the rule. Sadly at 95% of matches I go to, I see at least a handful of "fans" who provide ample evidence that they can't be trusted to drink in the stands.