FA Cup Changes

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FA Cup Changes

by Dirk Gently » 23 Apr 2024 09:29

Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal So am I. There's constant fan pressure to spend more to compete and succeed regardless to cost or consequence.

We all saw it under Madejski. Wheres the money gone? He has to invest to succeed. He doesn't wamt to go up because it costs too much. He's selling our best players so he doesn't go up.

And under Dai. The people (still) happy with spending £7m on Aluko. Spunking £10m on Puscas and Joao immediately after coming out of an embargo. Ok with paying Moore a PL wage in the Championship. Just pay the extra £2m to get Oliviera

Constantly expecting 10 new signings.

I think you are referring to online nobheads though. Can't mix up their views with the majority of fans views.

I think that is the majority of fan views. Understanding of football finance and cost of success is miniscule.

But the lower down the pyramid you go, the more supporter involvement there is and the greater their understanding of the reality of finances the fans tend to have.

And they will appreciate that while the slight increase of reaching the next round by only playing one match would result in nice little sum of prize money and another game in the next round, gaining a replay at a big PL match might well generate enough to fund their entire next season. This is even before the chances of picking up extra supporters from the hoards of glory-hunters who will attach themselves to the event, or the resulting merchandising opportunities.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Apr 2024 09:31

Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal So am I. There's constant fan pressure to spend more to compete and succeed regardless to cost or consequence.

We all saw it under Madejski. Wheres the money gone? He has to invest to succeed. He doesn't wamt to go up because it costs too much. He's selling our best players so he doesn't go up.

And under Dai. The people (still) happy with spending £7m on Aluko. Spunking £10m on Puscas and Joao immediately after coming out of an embargo. Ok with paying Moore a PL wage in the Championship. Just pay the extra £2m to get Oliviera

Constantly expecting 10 new signings.

I think you are referring to online nobheads though. Can't mix up their views with the majority of fans views.

I think that is the majority of fan views. Understanding of football finance and cost of success is miniscule.

My view with JM was that he was frustrating but the overall direction of the club during his tenure proved the way he was working, and what the club was doing money wise, was perfectly correct so never had an issue really with things.

While it's great to splaff cash everywhere and get the supposed best players that wasn't the case with Dai, he was spending money on utter ******* dross that many supporters called out as such at the time. Of course if the money had gone into the best available managers instead we might not all be seeing the club in the utter mess it is now. But, no, he kept appointing hopeless failures which meant what little chance there was to get the best out of the dross was pretty much extinguished before they even started.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Apr 2024 09:58

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit

My view with JM was that he was frustrating but the overall direction of the club during his tenure proved the way he was working, and what the club was doing money wise, was perfectly correct so never had an issue really with things.

While it's great to splaff cash everywhere and get the supposed best players that wasn't the case with Dai, he was spending money on utter ******* dross that many supporters called out as such at the time. Of course if the money had gone into the best available managers instead we might not all be seeing the club in the utter mess it is now. But, no, he kept appointing hopeless failures which meant what little chance there was to get the best out of the dross was pretty much extinguished before they even started.

I find it entertaining that Royalblue was such a vocal critic but has no awareness that Daidid exactly what he wanted SJM to do and entirely blames the FL for it.

benfathers

Premier Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels

by benfathers » 03 May 2024 21:01

Unlock a world of casual fun and excitement with the premier dating site.
True Females
Premier casual Dating