Chelsea
9%
Liverpool
15%
Arsenal
25%

Total votes: 194
sheshnu

Re: Who will win the Premiership 2007/8?

by sheshnu » 15 May 2008 12:06

Kes Unfortunatly you have to look at the club as a whole. The fans represent the club and therefore Liverpool have no class whatsoever..

'greed with bells on.

It's not just them though.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 May 2008 20:46

Kes Unfortunatly you have to look at the club as a whole. The fans represent the club and therefore Liverpool have no class whatsoever..

And Chelsea and Man Utd fans just ooze class do they?
Give it a rest.
For example you are a Chelsea fan....I rest my case.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 18 May 2008 20:35

http://eighteenfive.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... l-win.html

10 Reasons why Liverpool will win the league next season.

1. We are not that far off.

If you were a betting man and a statistics enthusiasts you’d excited after studying Liverpools last few league campaigns. Ask any statistician and they will tell you that trends are everything in their line of work. In 2004/2005, Benitez’s first season Liverpool finished 37 points behind the winners. Since then we’ve closed the gap and in the season just gone we finished just 11 points behind. Not that far off considering if we beat Man United home and away, which would have happened if it weren’t for incompetent refereeing we would have won the league. We are not that far off.

2. The manager.

Rafa’s done it; he knows how to win the league now. This season we’ve seen a dramatic change in tactics seeing us beat teams by six or more goals. We were also in the league right up until April, when United managed to jammy a win over us. Rafa has also got the balance right in his rotation policy. Problems off the field caused us to lose concentration at a critical time.

3. The prospect of getting some DIC.

There’s no doubt that if we went with DIC over the yank oxf*rd we would be chasing a treble right about now. Once we become par with United and Chelsea in terms of spending god help the rest of the league and the rest of Europe. A sleeping giant is about to rise. With a bit of DIC, that will happen next season.

4. El Nino.

For those of you that aren’t aware, Torres has scored the most goals by a foreigner in his first season. Yep, you heard right. More than Van Nistelrooy, Henry and Ronaldo. Considering it usually take foreigners 12-14 months to adapt, the prospect of what Torres will become is simply mouth watering. For me he’s far and away TBPITW. He has more to his game than Ronaldo, who is so vastly overrated it’s not funny. You would expect Torres to get somewhere in the range of 40-50 goals next season. Premiership defenders just aren’t accomplished enough to deal with him.

5. Our Midfield.

Everyone’s heard the song and a few other teams imitate it, but there’s no doubt who actually has the best midfield is the world. With Alonso and Macherano opposition teams just have simply no chance of playing through us. With Lucas, we probably have the most exciting young midfield prospect in the world. With Gerrard driving power in front, we simply have the midfield that is the envy of all Europe.

6. Skrtel and Agger.

With these two leading from that back next season expect us to concede few goals, especially in the league, where I’d be surprised if we conceded more than 12. Not only are they accomplished defenders but they can also use the ball as good as any midfielder. With Carragher possibly going to right back we will have the most penetrable wall since Berlin fell. Even the Chinese would be proud of such a wall.

7. The new signings.

All in all we have a great spine. If we went to see a chiropractor, he’d have quick feel and take some photos for his textbook so he could show clients what the perfect posture and spine looks like. Therefore, we just need a couple of players to play ancillary roles along with one or two major signings. We can only speculate at the moment. But you know there’s going to be big names. I would expect someone to partner Torres and I imagine Rafa pulling of the coup of the season for this position. Imagine the damage that Kaka from Milan or Benzemia from Lyon could inflict on the premiership. If I were a manc or a bitter, I’d be shitting myself right now with the though that we could possible sign those type of players.

8. The opposition.

On paper the mancs look favourite for next season, but consider this: Only very rarely to teams win three league titles in a row. Have a look through the history books if you like. I’ve done the maths and the mancs only have about a 1 in 15 chance of winning it next season. Arsenal and Chelsea will be going though rebuilding phases. Half the Arsenal team are already off and Chelsea have already lost Drogba and Ambrovich has promised a cleanse. Now is the perfect time for us to take advantage of this and win ourselves a league title the same way Chelsea took advantage of Arsenal and United rebuilding to win there first Premier League crown.

9. The supporters.

Do I need say more? We get ourselves in position to win the league come late April or May next season and the supporters will do the rest. Could you imagine the Kop with us closing in on the league title? Best supporters in Europe.

10. The status-quo

I see a lot of supporters worrying about United overtaking our league title haul. You can only laugh at these fools. Liverpool have been the top dog in England for pretty much ever and it’s not about to change anytime soon. It’s squeaky bum time, as Fergie calls it, for the mancs right now. They know we are on the verge of getting our act together and they know that as soon as we get that first one the floodgates will open. They know they will never have a better chance to go level with us and you’ll see the nervousness creep in. “Knock us off our perch” yeaaaahh right. Check back in a few years and it will be 25 - 17.

g

by g » 18 May 2008 21:02

is that from 1991?

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 18 May 2008 21:10

AF1 http://eighteenfive.blogspot.com/2008/05/10-reasons-why-liverpool-will-win.html

10 Reasons why Liverpool fans are sooo irritating

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 19 May 2008 13:36

AF1 http://eighteenfive.blogspot.com/2008/05/10-reasons-why-liverpool-will-win.html

done the maths and the mancs only have about a 1 in 15 chance of winning it next season.

Will this chump offer me 15/1?
Where can I find him?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 May 2008 13:41

AF1 6. Skrtel and Agger.

With these two leading from that back next season expect us to concede few goals, especially in the league, where I’d be surprised if we conceded more than 12. Not only are they accomplished defenders but they can also use the ball as good as any midfielder. With Carragher possibly going to right back we will have the most penetrable wall since Berlin fell. Even the Chinese would be proud of such a wall.

Er, that doesn't make sense. Surely you'd want an impenetrable wall?

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 19 May 2008 13:44

AF1 6. Skrtel and Agger.

Agreed. With Carragher at right back against teams with pace down the left hand side, they'll have a defence more penetrable than Paris Hilton.

Kes

by Kes » 19 May 2008 13:58

Victor Meldrew

Give it a rest.

United fans are gr8. Good array of unique songs, loads of lads up for a laugh.
Smiliar with Chelsea.
Reading follow like sheep.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 May 2008 12:29

Liverpool will not win the League title next year.
Not
a
chance.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 May 2008 12:30

Kes
Victor Meldrew

Give it a rest.

United fans are gr8. Good array of unique songs, loads of lads up for a laugh.
Smiliar with Chelsea.
Reading follow like sheep.

Blue is the colour
Football is the game.
Poor old Matthew Harding.
Should've caught the train.

Kes

by Kes » 20 May 2008 17:28

Reading certainly didn;t make that song up. Far too inventive for them.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 20 May 2008 21:41

Der der der der
Der der der der
Der der der der
Der der der der
Clap clap clap clap
Chelsea!

Inventive :lol:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 20 May 2008 22:20

Baines
AF1 6. Skrtel and Agger.

Agreed. With Carragher at right back against teams with pace down the left hand side, they'll have a defence more penetrable than Paris Hilton.

I would.

Hilton, too.

274 posts