European Leagues Thread 2012/2013

5300 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: European Leagues Thread 2012/2013

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Feb 2024 12:33

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit Gattuso sacked by Marseille. I watched some of their game last night and they were crap, even against 10 men

Baffling how that bloke keeps getting jobs. The Italian Scott Parker.

Hugely praised for his time in charge of AC Milan. Was seen to have taken over a club in big chaos and settled it down and got them playing well. Iirc with a few minutes left of the season (not that it works that way) they were in 4th until someone else scored elsewhere and so they finished 5th.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Feb 2024 12:45

Brum Royal
Stranded
Winston Biscuit Bayern Munich lose again. 3rd loss in a week incl CL. Now 8 points behind Leverkusen in the Bundesliga.

They were bloody awful as well. Upamecano also picked up his 2nd red card in as many games.

I keep half an eye on Bochum as my school was partnered with a school in Bochum and I did my A level exchange there. My exchange partner was quite a big fan of Bochum but they were away when I did my exchange so we didn't get to a game. He did gift me a scarf though, which I still have at my parents house.

I watched first half stoppage time and some of the second half yesterday, and they were full value for the win from what I saw. Should have scored a third before half time as well. What was the big delay in the first half? I turned the game on just at the point they were about to take the corner to resume play and the commentators were talking about a delay, but I didn't see what caused it

All to do with a recent DFL vote to allow external parties to invest in to the Bundesliga. It was passed by the narrowest margin possible but there is a serious amount of doubt over the result and if it was achieved fraudulently. For example, Hannover canvassed members for their view, the result was a resounding no vote. The club chairman was then meant to vote at the DFL meeting in line with the members - he didn't.

As a result, fans who are dead against the plans are protesting.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Feb 2024 13:27

Stranded
Brum Royal
Stranded
They were bloody awful as well. Upamecano also picked up his 2nd red card in as many games.

I keep half an eye on Bochum as my school was partnered with a school in Bochum and I did my A level exchange there. My exchange partner was quite a big fan of Bochum but they were away when I did my exchange so we didn't get to a game. He did gift me a scarf though, which I still have at my parents house.

I watched first half stoppage time and some of the second half yesterday, and they were full value for the win from what I saw. Should have scored a third before half time as well. What was the big delay in the first half? I turned the game on just at the point they were about to take the corner to resume play and the commentators were talking about a delay, but I didn't see what caused it

All to do with a recent DFL vote to allow external parties to invest in to the Bundesliga. It was passed by the narrowest margin possible but there is a serious amount of doubt over the result and if it was achieved fraudulently. For example, Hannover canvassed members for their view, the result was a resounding no vote. The club chairman was then meant to vote at the DFL meeting in line with the members - he didn't.

Every game in the Bundesliga was similarly delayed.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 19 Feb 2024 13:33

Sutekh
Sanguine Almeria have now gone 26 La Liga games without a victory, and will equal Levante's record of 27 if they fail to beat Athletic Bilbao at home this weekend.

And with just six points so far, they need another eight points from their remaining 15 games to beat the league's record low tally of 13 (Sporting Gijon).

Closest they have come to a win this season was at home to Granada, where they led 3-0 at half-time and 3-2 with five minutes to go, only to be pegged back to a draw.

Almeria 0-0 Athletic Bilbao. Almeria played the last 37 minutes with 10. 27 games with no win record equalled.

Lowest points totals in Europe's top leagues (since three points for a win)
Premier League: Derby County 2007-08 (11)
La Liga: Sporting Gijon 1997-98 (13)
Bundesliga: Schalke 2020-21 (16)
Ligue 1: Lens 1988-89 (17)
Serie A: Pescara 2016-17 (18)

75th minute equaliser for Granada means Almeria have extended the record to 28 games without a win in La Liga. Another point though - eight now, and they hunt down Gijon's 13.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Feb 2024 14:21

Royal Rother
Stranded
Brum Royal

Every game in the Bundesliga was similarly delayed.

Yes, it is now being co-ordinated across fan groups. Hannover fans the first to interrupt a game though IIRC.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2024 08:14

Some reports suggesting that Tuchel may be relieved of his duties at Bayern shortly and that they may look to give the job of interim manager to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before making a permanent appointment in the summer.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Feb 2024 09:14

I saw this last night, what has Solksjaer done to deserve that? It also seems like a way to flutter their eyelashes at Xabi to stop him from going to Anfield

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Feb 2024 09:17

Stranded Some reports suggesting that Tuchel may be relieved of his duties at Bayern shortly and that they may look to give the job of interim manager to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before making a permanent appointment in the summer.

Liverpool fans might be nervously worrying that Xabi Alonso is in a decent spot to take the Bayern job - as much as Leverkusen

Tuchel must be the 'worst' (in the eyes of owners) good manager in history. He has won at least 60% of his matches everywhere he has gone since he left Mainz in 2014, won Ligue 1 twice (okay, arguably a minimum level of achievement), won a Champions League, another final, won Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal, European Super Cup, World Club Cup. And yet he can barely last two years in a job.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Feb 2024 09:54

Girona lost again last night. wheels off, title going to Real Madrid

Just hope they hold on for 2nd and don't get dragged into the scrap over CL qualification

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2024 10:42

Silver Fox I saw this last night, what has Solksjaer done to deserve that? It also seems like a way to flutter their eyelashes at Xabi to stop him from going to Anfield

Did a decent job at United as interim I guess. Arguable the error at United was making it permanent rather than having him be the short term good vibes guy.

And realistically, their Budesliga season is over barring the mother of all collapses from Leverkusen.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Feb 2024 18:37

AC Milan reportedly trying to get a multi year loan deal sorted for Arda Guler from Real Madrid

I don't remember the last time I heard a kid so continually hyped liked Guler.

Get the damn loan sorted so we can see if he is the real deal or not!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Feb 2024 09:36

Real on their way to another La Liga title and favourites for the Champions League.

Oh, and this summer they will add Mbappe and Endrick to their squad.

As for Mbappe, a massive fcuking YAWN. Guy will be 30 before he takes on a proper footballing challenge, if ever.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Feb 2024 09:59

Breaking that Tuchel will leave Bayern at the end of the season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Feb 2024 10:22

Stranded Breaking that Tuchel will leave Bayern at the end of the season.

weird how much of a flop he has been, while winning the league. I think it says something about German football tbh

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Feb 2024 16:22

Bundesliga investor deal is off.

well done the protesters!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Feb 2024 07:34

Stranded
Brum Royal
Stranded

Then he should be dismissed and the vote "recounted" going by the members not pillocks who just ignore the "will of the people" for probably their own gain.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 22 Feb 2024 08:23

Not Europe but :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sport Recife fans threw a homemade bomb on the Fortaleza team bus,

List of injured players
Escobar - Severely injured to the eye
João Ricardo - In hospital
Dudu - In hospital
Sasha - In hospital
Pikachu - In hospital
Titi and Britez were also injured but looks like they'll be fine

https://fxtwitter.com/futebol_info/stat ... 0263096683

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Feb 2024 09:19

Sutekh
Stranded
Brum Royal

Then he should be dismissed and the vote "recounted" going by the members not pillocks who just ignore the "will of the people" for probably their own gain.

Well the DFL have now announced that based primarily on the fan demonstrations, they will no longer be looking to move forward with their investment plans. Direct action definitely seems to work.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Feb 2024 11:16

2 for Harry Kane last night. Needs another 14 in 11 games to equal the record

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Feb 2024 11:41

Winston Biscuit 2 for Harry Kane last night. Needs another 14 in 11 games to equal the record

How's his medal chase going ?

5300 posts