Non - League thread 2009/10

725 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Non - League thread 2009/10

by Terminal Boardom » 30 May 2010 20:47

Royal Rother
AndyRFC Keith Scott "parts company" with Windsor and Eton

Bizarre how long it took to get announced. I knew this, and the fact that Dave Mudge was the new manager, on 16th April, a week before the end of the season.

I missed out on that one. Hardly a surprise when consodering the public falling out last season. Shame really. KS comes across as a really nice bloke. Good luck to him for the future.

Changing tack slightly, I took a detour to Ascot Utd last weekend. Looks like they are putting up a very tasty looking clubhouse. May even be ready for the new season.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Jun 2010 16:46

Terminal Boardom ....... I took a detour to Ascot Utd last weekend. Looks like they are putting up a very tasty looking clubhouse. May even be ready for the new season.

..their website is optimistic about it being ready in good time ...

http://www.ascotunited.co.uk/newsdtlClu ... 635&team=0

... must admit their old tea-hut and 'shared' loo facilities had limited appeal!

...they've announced their pre-season schedule too - all friendlies away from home, though a couple at Cantley.

Saturday 17th July - Beaconsfield SYCOB FC (Cantley Park)
Thursday 22nd July - Windsor & Eton FC
Saturday 24th July - Knaphill FC
Tuesday 27th July - Fleet Spurs FC
Saturday 31st July - Chalfont St Peter FC (Cantley Park)
Tuesday 3rd August - Sandhurst Town FC

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jun 2010 10:03

NBFL lineup for next season.
Kintbury Rangers
Saxton Rovers
Faringdon Town
Didcot Casuals
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wootton & Dry Sandford
Drayton
Lambourn Sports
AFC Wallingford
Harwell Village
Harwell International
Childrey United

Warborough & Shillingford
Long Wittenham Athletic
Botley United
Benson AFC
Grove Rangers
East Hendred
Steventon
Marcham
Saxton Rovers Reserves
Hanney United
Benson Lions
Bampton Town

Lambourn Sports Reserves
Coleshill United
Faringdon Town Reserves
Kintbury Rangers Reserves
Benson AFC Reserves
Sutton Courtenay
Wootton & Dry Sandford Reserves
Drayton Reserves
Shrivenham A
Stanford in the Vale
Ardington & Lockinge
Uffington United

Harwell International Reserves
Harwell Village Reserves
Grove Rangers Reserves
Challow United
Faringdon Town A
Hagbourne United
Didcot Casuals Reserves
Coleshill United Reserves
East Hendred Reserves
Wantage Town A
Long Wittenham Athletic Reserves
Steventon Reserves
Radley
Berinsfield

Appleton Stars
Marcham Reserves
Didcot Casuals A
Bampton Town Reserves
Sutton Courtenay Reserves
Stanford in the Vale Reserves
Benson Lions Reserves
Uffington United Reserves
Hanney United Reserves
Hagbourne United Reserves
Challow United Reserves
Ardington & Lockinge Reserves

Faringdon Town B

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jun 2010 17:51

Windsor & Eton have signed Michael Buck from Reading Town.

Any good?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 07 Jun 2010 14:07

Royal Rother Windsor & Eton have signed Michael Buck from Reading Town.

Any good?

...don't know that much about the lad but he was their Player of the Season - big & fairly capable CB from what I can recall - but I did only see them once last year - and he may even have been suspended for that game. :?

I'm sure he was talked up quite a bit by the RTFC chaps and others on the Hellenic Chat rooms.

... now seems to be the first of many to leave - rumours abound that with the RTFC Manager (Millard + Coaching staff) hopping off to Thatcham - quite a few of the team will follow him there too - the keeper (Grace) in particular will be much sought after.
Presumably that might mean a fair few will be 'inbound' to Scours from Henley?
The Reading Post on-line (goalpost) recently did a feature on Roddy Slater (new RTFC manager) and also mentioned the esteemed ex-Royals-legend 'Harry Bunter' is a possible for the new coaching staff team @ Scours - he was also at Henley last season. :P

Bit of a merry-go-round locally too what with some of Binfield's management/coaching staff moving over to Larges Lane; Milton Utd's manager Bobby Wilkinson (ex-Kintbury and Royals asst. Kit Manager) has taken up the Hungerford job - has yet another ex-Royal 'Run Run Run Run Gilkesy' as his side-man :) and (as mentioned above) ex-Burnham's Dave Mudge taking over from Scotty at Stag Meadow?
He's immediately signed Thatcham forward Jemel Johnson - not sure he's that prolific but certainly makes things happen - saw him transform a fairly poor Thatcham at Xmas, when he came on as sub, seemed very big and very quick.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Jun 2010 15:17

Four Of Clubs and (as mentioned above) ex-Burnham's Dave Mudge taking over from Scotty at Stag Meadow?
He's immediately signed Thatcham forward Jemel Johnson - not sure he's that prolific but certainly makes things happen - saw him transform a fairly poor Thatcham at Xmas, when he came on as sub, seemed very big and very quick.

Bit like Marcus Richardson then :lol:

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 11 Jun 2010 03:17

Forest Green Rovers get a Conference reprieve - Salisbury City have lost their appeal against a two division demotion due to financial irregularities, and so begin next season in the Southern Premier, while Forest Green, who were relegated on the last day of the season, end up staying up.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 11 Jun 2010 09:30

Compo's Hat Forest Green Rovers get a Conference reprieve - Salisbury City have lost their appeal against a two division demotion due to financial irregularities, and so begin next season in the Southern Premier, while Forest Green, who were relegated on the last day of the season, end up staying up.

.. as expected - and covered by my 'Anorak Scoop' a few weeks back :wink: - Northwich Vics appeal dismissed too.

Means W-S-M are reprieved in the Conf-South too (again!) - not sure if that filters down any further yet - I'll check on the Zamaretto Southern site - I'm sure there were a couple of teams down at STEPS 3 & 4 anxious for reprieve - though of course they don't HAVE to take one:
Ashford Town (Middx) have voluntary 'kept' their relegation from the Ryman/Isthmian Premier and moved down and across to the Southern Central :?
Bracknell Town would have to be crazy to even consider taking a reprieve even in the unlikely event one were offered.
Aylesbury United are waiting to hear if they get put back up.
I think Chatham Town have been reprieved already but they have to take the potential 'poison chalice' of a place in Isthmian One North - and a lot more travelling.

Merthyr are confirmed as out of the Southern Premier now and playing @ Taff Wells in the Western League (as Merthyr Town where - co-incidentally they were runners-up under that name in season 09/10 - that's 1909 ! :P )- not sure its been decided whether they are to be placed in Premier or Div One - don't think there was any genuine relegation down from STEP04 in that area.

In the lower division of the Western League, Clevedon United (the lesser club groundsharing with 'Town') have folded and Minehead who did actually finish bottom - are 'genuinely' relegated to the County (Somerset) League level but no club is making a step up (I think :? ).

In fact NL 'demotions' significantly outnumber proper relegations this season - read a figure somewhere that at least 20 out of 30 odd at the top end of the Pyramid were due to financial or grading issues as opposed to clubs finishing in relegation positions. :shock:

PS When should we start a new 'Non - League thread 2010/11'
... how's about when the first 'local' NL pre-season friendly is due - approx 10th July or we could wait 'til the 7th August when the first league fixtures are due to be played ?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 11 Jun 2010 11:36

Four Of Clubs PS When should we start a new 'Non - League thread 2010/11'
... how's about when the first 'local' NL pre-season friendly is due - approx 10th July or we could wait 'til the 7th August when the first league fixtures are due to be played ?

I think the honour of starting it should be left to the non league anorak 8)

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 11 Jun 2010 12:56

Compo's Hat I think the honour of starting it should be left to the non league anorak 8)

...who's that then? :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Jun 2010 21:12

This has just appeared on the Windsor & Eton forum.

Looks promising for the coming season doesn't it....?

So Mudgey thinks we are all signing and the approach has been favourable. Not true. The Chairman met with all the lads twice last year. We asked him if he needed to cut the budget cos we were not getting paid or told why,- he said no in front of us all. He gave us a written signed guarantee of when we would get paid Has it happened – no! Yet again last week he has let us down. At least third time this season- We carried on and won the league and all through it we were asked to forget the problem and keep winning. We want them to come out and tell the truth about the club. Now we haven’t been paid and are still owed three months money. Angie hasn’t been paid and Scotty &Jim haven’t been paid since Christmas! IHow is it possible to overspend your budget chairman when you dont pay us! We trusted you and you have let us all down including not paying the bonuses that YOU agreed to. Some of the fans gave us stick cos they believed the guff about overbudgets etc. We know that any overspend is not on the field so why dont you say? Some of the boys need this for mortgages not beer and stuff. Would you go to work if your governor promised you your wages and never kept his promises? We know that we will likely be promised payment again just like Ben and Coops were and they are still owed from last year!! Everyone thinks that the chairman is man of honour- so prove it and pay your debts Mr Simpson & that includes money to a player for the lights! Mudgey- don’t think that you can duck out of it as you were at all the meetings and so we think you are part of the problem! Sorry boys but you have all been great to us and we are not enjoying having to do this but we are just getting fed C**p now Good luck next season

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 21 Jun 2010 01:50

Any idea when the non-league fixtures come out? Always like to see how many trips to York Road i'll be making.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Jun 2010 07:15

Royal Rother Windsor & Eton have signed Michael Buck from Reading Town.

Any good?

Played for Bracknell Town the season before last, looked pretty useful. Perception of a tendency towards exchanging details with referees though.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 21 Jun 2010 09:16

Compo's Hat Any idea when the non-league fixtures come out? Always like to see how many trips to York Road i'll be making.

2 July

http://nln24.com/news/story/conference- ... lease-date

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Jun 2010 10:41

Compo's Hat Any idea when the non-league fixtures come out? Always like to see how many trips to York Road i'll be making.

... if (like a few of us) you've grown ever more weary of super-star flops in SA and listening to gobsh!tes like Pearce/Tyldesley et al over-hyping any country that ISNT playing absolute t@ss - and there's precious few of those :roll: - then the Pre-Season Friendlies are almost upon us - for starters, here's the Magpies' schedule so far:-

Tue 13/7 Maidenhead Utd v AFC Wimbledon
Tue 20/7 Godalming Town v Maidenhead Utd (7.00 @ Charterhouse School)
Thu 22/7 Holyport v Maidenhead Utd
Sat 24/7 Windsor & Eton v Maidenhead Utd
Tue 27/7 Hartley Wintney v Maidenhead United 19.30 [tbc - probably Res XI?]
Tue 27/7 Maidenhead Utd v Hayes & Yeading
Sat 31/7 Burnham v Maidenhead Utd
Mon 2/8 Maidenhead Utd v Wycombe Wanderers
Sat 7/8 Bedfont Town v Maidenhead Utd

... the CONF South Kicks off on the 14th.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 21 Jun 2010 17:36

We've already got our eye on the AFC Wimbledon friendly.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Jun 2010 18:32

Compo's Hat We've already got our eye on the AFC Wimbledon friendly.

... there's a couple of other tasty morsels around that same night (13th) too -

Diddy vs P@xford Utd
Holyport v Sluff
Staines v Brentford

... I'm tempted to 'delve a bit lower' and mebbe go for some earlier (unlit) KOs
(= more beer time! :P ) - babysitters/In Laws permitting :?

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 21 Jun 2010 19:24

OUT for that, as I cant stand AFCW and their merry bunch of 'fans'

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 21 Jun 2010 19:58

AndyRFC

OUT for that, as I cant stand AFCW and their merry bunch of 'fans'

Surely that's like you not going to an Old Firm game because you can't stand Celtic even though you're a Rangers fan.

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 21 Jun 2010 20:06

Been ages since I've taken a game in at York Road, think it was a 1-1 draw against Sutton United two seasons back when one of Maidenhead's midfielders got subbed, he warmed down in the corner only to be told he was lazy so offered the bloke outside! Only in non-league! I must get there next season. Hopefully all their home games will be on different Saturday's to Reading home games.

725 posts