Nicky Forster

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Nicky Forster

by Jackson Corner » 14 Sep 2009 05:36

When fit and on form, he was as good as anyone I have ever seen for this club.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 14 Sep 2009 08:48

Tony Le Mesmer
Archie's penalty The kind of player that would get into a Reading Hall of Fame if there was one.

Agreed.

In 2002/03 he carried the whole team. and i mean carried. totally unplayable at times. How anyone who uses the word 'overated' about such a player is just impaired.

Absolutely. Deathy talking nonsense once again.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 14 Sep 2009 10:02

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT Nicky Forster, My favourite Reading player ever. 8)

You surprise me.

Guess mine.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Sep 2009 14:14

Dirk Gently I remember the match at home vs Ipswich that same year - one of our few wins against them - when he got a hat trick.

The third goal was absolutely sublime - certainly one of the best goals I've ever seen. There was a quick break and he was just outside the corner of the Ipswich penalty area when he shot. I was right in line behind the ball when he shot, and I could see he'd hit if wide and it was missing the far post - but once it was past the keeper it swung in the air and curved in off the far post. An absolutely incredible bit of skill and if someone like Ronaldo had done it the pundits would be raving about it.

WEST STAND LOSER!

He was an awesome player and my favourite for many a year. Our play-off dream died the moment he went down njured at Molineux. My mates who nothing about lower league football who watched the game on TV all said "that little fella up front, best player on the pitch by a mile".

I never thought he'd still be doing the business at 36 as his pace was so beneficial and you tend to lose that when you get older. Super to see him still scoring.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Sep 2009 14:22

Maguire
Dirk Gently I remember the match at home vs Ipswich that same year - one of our few wins against them - when he got a hat trick.

The third goal was absolutely sublime - certainly one of the best goals I've ever seen. There was a quick break and he was just outside the corner of the Ipswich penalty area when he shot. I was right in line behind the ball when he shot, and I could see he'd hit if wide and it was missing the far post - but once it was past the keeper it swung in the air and curved in off the far post. An absolutely incredible bit of skill and if someone like Ronaldo had done it the pundits would be raving about it.

WEST STAND LOSER!

He was an awesome player and my favourite for many a year. Our play-off dream died the moment he went down njured at Molineux. My mates who nothing about lower league football who watched the game on TV all said "that little fella up front, best player on the pitch by a mile".

I never thought he'd still be doing the business at 36 as his pace was so beneficial and you tend to lose that when you get older. Super to see him still scoring.

Obviously got a great football brain to add to his obvious other qualities.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 14 Sep 2009 14:22

Row Z Royal
Thaumagurist* He could do better than Brighton, surely.

Maybe he likes it there.

He's emblazoned all over the Team's Ford Focus, is pretty much on the back of The Argus every week and, as pointed out previously, is pretty high on virtually every fan's favourite player list. He's got an awful lot more than many other 36 year olds.

PS. He was a quality player for us.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Sep 2009 14:28

Dr Hfuhruhurr
Row Z Royal
Thaumagurist* He could do better than Brighton, surely.

Maybe he likes it there.

He's emblazoned all over the Team's Ford Focus, is pretty much on the back of The Argus every week and, as pointed out previously, is pretty high on virtually every fan's favourite player list. He's got an awful lot more than many other 36 year olds.

Is he still club captain?

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 14 Sep 2009 17:39

Archie's penalty
Dr Hfuhruhurr [

Is he still club captain?

They dont emblazon just anybody over the Team Ford Focus you know.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Sep 2009 17:44

Dr Hfuhruhurr They dont emblazon just anybody over the Team Ford Focus you know.

Must've been terribly uncomfortable for them all travelling up to Carlisle in that.

Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 14 Sep 2009 23:02

If he hadn't have been injured against Wolves, could have got us promoted on his own. Absolute legend and one of my favourite players in the last 10 years, if not possibly no.1.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 14 Sep 2009 23:06

I once met a delightful Leeds fan who told me, "I keep an eye on the lower leagues, that Forster's aright -apart from being Jewish". I'm gutted we've lost contact obviously.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 15 Sep 2009 19:26

For a club with our modest achievements a player like Nicky Forster must be considered an all time great. Look at some of the goals in that clip posted earlier; if they had been scored in the Premier League you'd be watching them on ESPN Classic every other day. In all honesty, very few RFC players over the years I have been watching have got me out of my seat through sheer excitement. Nicky Forster did.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 15 Sep 2009 19:31

floyd__streete For a club with our modest achievements a player like Nicky Forster must be considered an all time great. Look at some of the goals in that clip posted earlier; if they had been scored in the Premier League you'd be watching them on ESPN Classic every other day. In all honesty, very few RFC players over the years I have been watching have got me out of my seat through sheer excitement. Nicky Forster did.

+1.

Great player. Shame that he never really made it in the Premier League.

st george

by st george » 17 Sep 2009 19:48

Still only averaged about 6 goals a season for us in his time here. Ball greedy and very over rated as a 'striker'. (1999 - 2006, 186 apps, 59 goals) But what I'd give to have a player like him here now!

lol lol lol.You are joking right,Forster is one of the best players we've had at this club.Almost 1goal every 3 games, many as a lone frontman is a good return.Oh to have a young fit Forster at the club now.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Sep 2009 21:08

I'd still probably choose him over the current crop of strikers we have.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 17 Sep 2009 22:38

Deathy Still only averaged about 6 goals a season for us in his time here. Ball greedy and very over rated as a 'striker'. (1999 - 2006, 186 apps, 59 goals) But what I'd give to have a player like him here now!

oh dear :lol:

One of my faves of all time, If he played the offside trap slightly better he probably would have doubled his goals

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 17 Sep 2009 23:20

jackson corner said
When fit and on form, he was as good as anyone I have ever seen for this club.

No, he was better, by far. I still remember the first match of the 2003 season i think where we played Brighton. They had gone 1-0 up after about a minute but I remember seeing Nicky get hte ball, just zoom up to the Brighton goal and casually thump the ball into the net. After knowing he had been out injured virtually all the previous season, and the poor form we had been in, I was just so pleased to see him back and saying to myself ' Normal Service has been resumed !' Personally, in their time at Reading, Fozzie and Curo have been the best; the worse - well, Rouge, Baz and 'the Goat'.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 18 Sep 2009 00:14

juanpablo
Deathy Still only averaged about 6 goals a season for us in his time here. Ball greedy and very over rated as a 'striker'. (1999 - 2006, 186 apps, 59 goals) But what I'd give to have a player like him here now!

oh dear :lol:

One of my faves of all time, If he played the offside trap slightly better he probably would have doubled his goals

You need a slight correction, as do the linesman of that era tbf.

He was so quick, he 'looked' off-side - despite being on-side when the ball was played. 8)

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 18 Sep 2009 09:36

Ideal
to be fair, even Bas Savage would do better than some of the guys we currently have playing up front

Piss off

And yes, you are a target for my piss.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 Sep 2009 18:13

on Football League Weekend now