Re: Generic clubs in financial crisis Thread

by Uke » 23 Nov 2023 16:32

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Nov 2023 21:41

Franchise FC
Uke
Franchise FC I obviously don't know for sure as I have no inside knowledge, but isn't the difference that Everton accepted that they'd racked up the debt whereas City have been treating some/all funds from the Saudis as sponsorship income, therefore NOT racking up the debt.

It might be viewed as semantics but could be why there's a difference in the PL approach

I'm anti-semantic when it comes to football finances

As long as everyone pays what is Jew

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Nov 2023 09:07

Brogue
Franchise FC
Uke
I'm anti-semantic when it comes to football finances

As long as everyone pays what is Jew

This Israelly starting to push the boundary

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Nov 2023 12:17

Looks like WBA are going all in on promotion this season. Increased their loan, presumably to keep their squad together and possibly strengthen in January. Takeover rumours that could rescue them too, but definitely lots of risk being taken.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2023 12:20

WestYorksRoyal Looks like WBA are going all in on promotion this season. Increased their loan, presumably to keep their squad together and possibly strengthen in January. Takeover rumours that could rescue them too, but definitely lots of risk being taken.

Thinking this is where the FL should be able to start taking an interest. Before things come crashing down rather than after the event and making it worse for clubs.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Nov 2023 12:22

WestYorksRoyal Looks like WBA are going all in on promotion this season. Increased their loan, presumably to keep their squad together and possibly strengthen in January. Takeover rumours that could rescue them too, but definitely lots of risk being taken.

Definitely feels like a shit or bust season for them, big win over Ipswich but 10 points is a big gap to pull back over an in form team - not sure what their play-off record is like.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Nov 2023 12:42

they are primed to be Gourlay'd in a year or so when they are still in the Champ

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Nov 2023 11:01

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67509606

Article on the financial meltdown in Chinese football.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 30 Nov 2023 09:44

I wonder how Joao is getting on out there?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Nov 2023 13:23

Being widely reported that when Everton submit accounts next month, it will show they have breached P&S rules again and under new rules, if charged, will have their penalty decided and handed out before the end of the season. Could see a similar punishment.

I can only assume, that unlike us, previous losses are not then averaged out once a breach has occured or if they are, even with the evening out they will still breach.

Mail reporting that the "trial" for Man City, will begin in Autumn 2024 with a decision expected by summer '25.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Nov 2023 14:42

Stranded Being widely reported that when Everton submit accounts next month, it will show they have breached P&S rules again and under new rules, if charged, will have their penalty decided and handed out before the end of the season. Could see a similar punishment.

I can only assume, that unlike us, previous losses are not then averaged out once a breach has occured or if they are, even with the evening out they will still breach.

Mail reporting that the "trial" for Man City, will begin in Autumn 2024 with a decision expected by summer '25.

If the Everton thing is true, and in effect two charges equals 20+ points deducted - then by extension it is difficult to see City avoiding relegation if any of their more substantial charges are proven.

Can't help but feel though that City are being allowed to get things in order, certainly moreso than Everton are.

Hypothetical-squared question - but let's go two years into the future in the world where City have been shown to have financially 'doped' for years. How do you feel as a Liverpool fan having just one PL to show for arguably your best team ever?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Nov 2023 14:53

Sanguine
Stranded Being widely reported that when Everton submit accounts next month, it will show they have breached P&S rules again and under new rules, if charged, will have their penalty decided and handed out before the end of the season. Could see a similar punishment.

If the Everton thing is true, and in effect two charges equals 20+ points deducted - then by extension it is difficult to see City avoiding relegation if any of their more substantial charges are proven.

Can't help but feel though that City are being allowed to get things in order, certainly moreso than Everton are.

Hypothetical-squared question - but let's go two years into the future in the world where City have been shown to have financially 'doped' for years. How do you feel as a Liverpool fan having just one PL to show for arguably your best team ever?

Probably a bit aggrieved, but I'd be saying just be better. Spending and breaking the rules doesn't always make you a good side (like we need telling), City have still had to manage it well to be successful.

It's not right by any means and I'm sure their punishment, should they receive one, will justify the severity of the cases.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Nov 2023 17:43

YorkshireRoyal99
Sanguine

Probably a bit aggrieved, but I'd be saying just be better. Spending and breaking the rules doesn't always make you a good side (like we need telling), City have still had to manage it well to be successful.

It's not right by any means and I'm sure their punishment, should they receive one, will justify the severity of the cases.

Thinking that if City are stripped of any domestic trophies, that those trophy honours should then be awarded to the various runners up.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Dec 2023 09:11

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99
Sanguine

Thinking that if City are stripped of any domestic trophies, that those trophy honours should then be awarded to the various runners up.

Not a lot of precedent, but when Juventus were stripped of their Serie A title for 2004-05, no further title was awarded. Officially 'no winner' of Serie A for that season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Dec 2023 09:38

Sanguine
Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99

Not a lot of precedent, but when Juventus were stripped of their Serie A title for 2004-05, no further title was awarded. Officially 'no winner' of Serie A for that season.

I think no one getting the 04-05 Serie A title was mainly down to how many clubs were caught up in 'Calciopoli' and how many others were suspected of wrongdoing without there being proof to punish them. Runners up were AC MIlan and they were also found guilty.

Legal action was still going on until a year or 2 ago as Inter Milan were awarded the 05-06 title, but were suspected by other clubs of doing just the same thing that they had been punished for

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Dec 2023 01:46

Forest Green Rovers are aware of an FA investigation, meaning their FA Cup tie against Blackpool is postponed…

Possibly a loan player not being eligible?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 11 Dec 2023 19:27

Not gone well for Pontypridd United in the Welsh Premier: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67687142

They've been deducted six points and been given a suspended 135 point deduction. :shock:
The offences included non-payment of monies owed to players and failure to comply with contractual player obligations.

Further charges included a failure to register players correctly and the playing of ineligible players.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Dec 2023 19:47

Probably a blessing in disguise that they've been given a 2 window transfer embargo if they're incapable of registering players properly and have a 135pt suspended penalty triggered for any repeat offence.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Dec 2023 20:05

Bet Man City are glad they're not Welsh.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Dec 2023 06:06

Sutekh Bet Man City are glad they're not Welsh.

Have City been playing unregistered players ?
:shock:

5623 posts