Hob Nob Addict

Re: Portsmouth Admin

by Royal With Cheese » 06 Aug 2010 00:25

It stinks.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Aug 2010 14:02

So, how much do Pompey now owe and how long do they have to pay their creditors?

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 06 Aug 2010 16:26

What happens if when they're still paying off the CVA they decide once again that paying bills isn't the type of thing they want to do?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 06 Aug 2010 22:16

6ft Kerplunk What happens if when they're still paying off the CVA they decide once again that paying bills isn't the type of thing they want to do?

I think that would breach the agreement and they'd be back in court.

I don't think Gaydamak and co. are really off the hook BTW. I'm pretty sure that the court accepted the CVA on a proviso that the existing company would be liquidated, by someone approved by the court, upon being sold. The point of this being so that an independent person could search the books for wrongdoing.

If the Pompey fan who seems to be ITK and posts on 606 is right, then Pompey don't have a leg to stand on over image rights. He claims that Utaka was paid more in image rights last season than the profits for their entire merchandising operation, also that their image rights payments last season were the highest in the Prem.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 06 Aug 2010 22:22

Dirk Gently
cmonurz Is it Germany where no club is allowed to operate in debt? Great atmosphere at games fuelled by low ticket prices and a brilliant infrastructure for the fans, financial differential between clubs minimised (Bayern will always be Bayern, of course), clubs developing young players as an affordable alternative to splashing huge amounts on overseas players, perhaps as a result, German teams have had relatively little success in Europe in recent years, but on the flip-side their national side is one of the youngest and most exciting on the continent - is this something we aspire to, or do we, as fans, actually just want all the superstars playing in our league?

Yep - the German football model is brillaint in so many ways

See http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,4931180,00.html

I've been told that the norm in Europe is that the stadia and facilities are owned by municipalities rather than clubs. I'm pretty sure that this is true of France and Italy, but don't know about Germany. Presumably that would put off the Sam Hammams of this world from buying them.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Aug 2010 01:32

Pseud O'Nym
Dirk Gently
cmonurz Is it Germany where no club is allowed to operate in debt? Great atmosphere at games fuelled by low ticket prices and a brilliant infrastructure for the fans, financial differential between clubs minimised (Bayern will always be Bayern, of course), clubs developing young players as an affordable alternative to splashing huge amounts on overseas players, perhaps as a result, German teams have had relatively little success in Europe in recent years, but on the flip-side their national side is one of the youngest and most exciting on the continent - is this something we aspire to, or do we, as fans, actually just want all the superstars playing in our league?

Yep - the German football model is brillaint in so many ways

See http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,4931180,00.html

I've been told that the norm in Europe is that the stadia and facilities are owned by municipalities rather than clubs. I'm pretty sure that this is true of France and Italy, but don't know about Germany. Presumably that would put off the Sam Hammams of this world from buying them.

They have a "50+1" rule - every club must be owned least 50% by its supporters.

So yes, no takeovers, no debt, safe-standing areas, beer on the terraces, affordable ticket prices and clubs which are legitimately a part of their community - oh, and last season the Bundisliga made a greater profit than the Premier League. And their international team isn't a laughing stock either.

It's the future!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Aug 2010 01:37

Pseud O'Nym
6ft Kerplunk What happens if when they're still paying off the CVA they decide once again that paying bills isn't the type of thing they want to do?

If the Pompey fan who seems to be ITK and posts on 606 is right,

you seem like an intelligent guy, why on earth would you do this?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 07 Aug 2010 02:03

The whole year inn
Pseud O'Nym

If the Pompey fan who seems to be ITK and posts on 606 is right,

you seem like an intelligent guy, why on earth would you do this?

There is intelligent life in Pompey, between the tattoos, though 606 ermm...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Aug 2010 08:45

Dirk Gently
They have a "50+1" rule - every club must be owned least 50% by its supporters.

So yes, no takeovers, no debt, safe-standing areas, beer on the terraces, affordable ticket prices and clubs which are legitimately a part of their community - oh, and last season the Bundisliga made a greater profit than the Premier League. And their international team isn't a laughing stock either.

It's the future!

It is a good model but don't forget they now look like losing some of their better players to the leagues with more money following their impressive World Cup performances.

If the rest of the world don't follow suit in some form or another then those clubs sides will always be a bit behind the other big guns. Is that a bad thing though? Maybe not.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 07 Aug 2010 10:48

It is a good model but don't forget they now look like losing some of their better players to the leagues with more money following their impressive World Cup performances.

The Premierleague lost a bunch of players to other leagues - both in transfers out and in failed targets - when the top rate of tax got put up recently.

Swings and roundabouts, really. Each league has a couple of years in the sun and then another one comes in.

Bundesliga seems to be happy being up there but realises that the fans are what keeps everything going.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Aug 2010 12:25

And it could be argued, that losing "stars" isn't a tragedy for football.

It's a team game, and I'd rather see a settled team playing together as a team than a team made up of big name stars who don't care for anything exept money and don't feel anything for the team.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Aug 2010 21:34

Pompey with only 3 outfield subs today, all kids who had never played for the 1st team; "this proves we MUST be allowed to have the transfer embargo lifted" their cr@ppy manager bleated, as Kanu sat in the stands.

Yeah right - pay your bills like the rest of us chum, and then you can get new players in.

Gits.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2010 17:27

I'd say that their ability to field a complete team is a very firm argument that they don't currently need to be able to sign anyone.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Aug 2010 09:32

I'd like to thank "Galey" for taking time out from sucking West Ham's dick to remind us last night that he hopes Pompey make it through these troubled times, "for everyone's sake" :roll: Let them die

On a techical point, Pompey are still in administration aren't they? That's why they're being run by an administrator yeah? So shouldn't they have 10 points deducted? Or does the pretence that they'll get it sorted via the CVA mean they are free to carry on, even though they haen't paid anyone back yet?

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Aug 2010 10:26

Well, i was thinking that as well.

Start New Season in administration = points deductions.

Failure to meet such deadlines costs Salisbury City a double relegation.

Jeff Stelling last night "Good luck to Portsmouth for the rest of the season" Yeah right, wishing good luck to a team that thieves from Charities. :roll:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Aug 2010 12:49

I hear they're also expected to bring a couple of players in on loan this week - so much for a transfer embargo.

Utaka and Boateng are, however, also expected to depart.

The CVA is in place though, is't that what actually matters to the FL or is it specifically administration itself? If the latter I would expect the FL to have said something by now - or will it be a case of one rule for some and another rule for ex Premier League clubs :roll:

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 10 Aug 2010 13:04

From what i gather, because the CVA will be put in place there will be no points deduction. :evil:

I get the train past Fratton Park every day and i just hope we do 'em on Saturday.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Aug 2010 13:08

Geekins From what i gather, because the CVA will be put in place there will be no points deduction. :evil:

Correct - the points deduction for going into administration was applied last season. Any second deduction would be for not agreeing a CVA before the start of the season - they had agreed this, but HMRC challenged that agreement and failed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2010 20:51

Dirk Gently
Geekins From what i gather, because the CVA will be put in place there will be no points deduction. :evil:

Correct - the points deduction for going into administration was applied last season. Any second deduction would be for not agreeing a CVA before the start of the season - they had agreed this, but HMRC challenged that agreement and failed.

Yeah, presumably the administrator is only still in place because the actions following the CVA can't be carried out until the appeal was sorted? Rather than it being agreed and him naffing off and only coming back if the appeal was successful.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Aug 2010 21:11

The job of the administrator doesn't end when the CVA is signed off - their job is to make sure that all the monies in the agreement are distributed to everyone it's due to - the A in CVA is for agreement , so the signing of it is only a promise to pay the creditors. It still needs to be done and that's his job.

753 posts