Andre Bikey & Stephen Hunt

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re: Andre Bikey & Stephen Hunt

by Handsome Man » 25 Apr 2010 11:11

You miserable gits.

Hunt is Hull's only asset really, so he will probably be playing in the Premiership next year, and they should at least get back the fee they paid for him. His stock rose considerably over the year, until it was ended by injury, and he was quite a good player with us in the Premiership.

Bikey had pretty much the season he would have anticipated: he's played lots of games in front of the cameras for a struggling side.

Hahnemann has done well also - yesterday's goal was the first time I have seen him look shit all season and there have been loads of great saves in tight games.

Doyle gets rave reviews, despite going through long spells without scoring (that sounds so familiar).

None of the players who left us for better things last season have messed up badly. I'm pleased with that and happy for them, and if Shane Long gets a few games for Swansea or whoever in the premiership next year I will be happy for him too.

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 25 Apr 2010 11:47

Handsome Man
None of the players who left us for better things last season have messed up badly.

Sonko for certain, Shorey has been a huge dissapointment but will be pleased with his bank balance.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 25 Apr 2010 12:46

Hull's wage bill is reportedly around £39m (including loan deals etc). Some of the wages they are paying are ridiculous.

When you consider that Birmingham's wage bill in the CCC last year was £12.7m, they will have to make a lot of cut backs. They have already borrowed against season tickets for the next 3 seasons and the first installment of next years parachute payment. They are in serious trouble.

Anyone glad we didn't gamble in the premiership now?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 25 Apr 2010 20:43

savage 4 england Hull's wage bill is reportedly around £39m

HuLOLLOL

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 25 Apr 2010 21:23

The whole year inn
savage 4 england Hull's wage bill is reportedly around £39m

HuLOLLOL

Also £20m in debt-the exact cost of the Bullard deal. Will anyone buy him as he now injury prone and the wrong side of 30?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 25 Apr 2010 21:43

Bullard 5 million, 45 grand a week and the best bit, no clause in his contract to cut his wages if the club got relegated!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 25 Apr 2010 21:47

They may as well be Bradford

Bullard = Carbone
Kits are virtually the same
Both utter shitholes

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Apr 2010 09:32

Messiah
exileinleeds There is talk that Hull will ivite Phil Brown back. Can't afford to pay him off. Shambles, just a shame they are going at the expense of WHU

Not a chance in hell. The interview after the match yesterday with Pearson and Boatang (SP?) rules that out 100%. Chairman laid a lot of the blame on both poor management and the then chairman, and Boatang decided to tell the world that Hull haven't been the same since they had that half time team talk, and ever since then they haven't had faith in themselves, the manager, the coaches...

I can imagine it would have damaged morale and egos were damaged, but surely those players can't blame 18 months of bad form all on one half time team talk.

But if they are in the financial mire (which they are) and cannot afford to pay him off (they can't) then they may be stuck with two choices. Pay him to stay on gardening leave for the next couple of years - I can't see him getting a job - or invite him back.

Most of the squad will leave and he did take them up before so I wouldn't rule it out - funny as it will be.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 28 Apr 2010 10:41

f365 description is fun
Small, chippy, probably not the spiciest meatball in the pot and owner of some truly questionable headgear

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Apr 2010 11:53

The Prisoner
paultheroyal PS cant see Burnley letting Laws loose with 12 million quid either.

I wouldn't let Laws loose with a water pistol. An appointment only surpassed in oddness by Dowie to Hull.

Didn't they do well.

:roll:

The reason Burnley appointed Laws was because Deloitte sold them some rubbish about him being the most successful manager in the country at working within a budget.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 30 Apr 2010 12:41

sandman
The Prisoner
paultheroyal PS cant see Burnley letting Laws loose with 12 million quid either.

I wouldn't let Laws loose with a water pistol. An appointment only surpassed in oddness by Dowie to Hull.

Didn't they do well.

:roll:

The reason Burnley appointed Laws was because Deloitte sold them some rubbish about him being the most successful manager in the country at working within a budget.

Deloitte produced the report and he tailored his whole interview around it. It goes to show you can prove anything with stats really.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 30 Apr 2010 13:20

Thomas L'Heureux It goes to show you can prove anything with stats really.

correctamundo.

The average human being has less than 2 arms and 2 legs