Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Portugal - North Korea

by brendywendy » 21 Jun 2010 14:56

no.that isnt true, theyd have beaten england

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 21 Jun 2010 14:57

floyd__streete The things that women say: colleague at work when she heard Radio 5L in the background proclaim the 7th goal - "7-0! Can't they just stop it now?".

FLOYDFACT: The biggest margin of victory in a world cup finals match remains the 10-1 scoreling run up Hungary against El Salvador in 1982.

There have also been 2 other 9-goal wins.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 21 Jun 2010 15:04

cmonurz I can't make a (very old and tired) joke about Kim Jong without going there first?

:shock:

I'll take that as a "No. I'm parroting the normal Tory line" then shall I?

Similar to the way you lot viewed China until very recently then (Bloody Commies becomes most respectable bankers that we owe money too).

Let's hear the joke anyway! Maybe it can be altered to slag off Thatcher (actually, that's probably where it came from).

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 21 Jun 2010 15:06

:?:

LOL.

You have a serious political chip on your shoulder. :lol:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/spo ... 006162818/

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 21 Jun 2010 15:07

Medic.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 21 Jun 2010 15:13

cmonurz :?:

LOL.

You have a serious political chip on your shoulder. :lol:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/spo ... 006162818/

Mate! Have I not told you? I live less than 1 hour from the North Korean border! Now! What were you saying? Something about the North Korean view of the game I think. And I have a political chip on my shoulder??

Serious LOL at You!!

(Actually, I have no problem with you C'monurz. I disagree with you but that is nothing. Baines however......)

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 21 Jun 2010 15:17

There's nothing political about my post. Kim Jong spouts shite. It was a joke. Calm down.

And Baines is lovely.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 21 Jun 2010 15:27

cmonurz Kim Jong spouts shite.

And what political leader doesn't?

I'm calm! Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Jun 2010 15:41

According to someone on Twitter, North Korea have now conceded more than two goals for every foul they've committed!

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 21 Jun 2010 16:24

Well thats Ivory Coast fckd then! :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jun 2010 17:59

Flyingkiwi
cmonurz Kim Jong spouts shite.

And what political leader doesn't?

I'm calm! Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

He's in a league all of his own. Bush may have had trouble talking and Blair lied through his teeth. But neither of them drifted off into fantasy land.

Sounds like someone has been brainwashed by the evil commies.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jun 2010 19:22

Thaumagurist*
soggy biscuit
Handsome Man Why can't we pass like Portugal?

Because they are better at football than England?

TWAT

THAT WAS LIQUID FOOTBALL.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 21 Jun 2010 20:26

Flyingkiwi
cmonurz Top story in North Korea is their glorious football team scoring a resounding 5-0 victory over Portugal, despite only using 6 blindfolded players.

Top Tory-story is, of course, slagging off someone else despite not EVER going anywhere near the place to find out! :roll:

As to Ronaldo. When did he come on? At about the 70 minute mark (and off at 75).

Yeah I forgot you're only a couple of hundred miles away aren't you?! Ever 'been in', I know of week long tours that start out of Dandong and Shenyang?
Last edited by ScottishRoyal on 21 Jun 2010 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 21 Jun 2010 23:13

ScottishRoyal
Flyingkiwi
cmonurz Top story in North Korea is their glorious football team scoring a resounding 5-0 victory over Portugal, despite only using 6 blindfolded players.

Top Tory-story is, of course, slagging off someone else despite not EVER going anywhere near the place to find out! :roll:

As to Ronaldo. When did he come on? At about the 70 minute mark (and off at 75).

Yeah I forgot you're only a couple of hundred miles away aren't you?! Ever 'been in', I know of week long tours that start out of Dandong and Shenyang?

Not even a couple of hundred miles. About 100 most of the time and, for 2 weeks a year, right on the border (in a place called Ji'an). Yes. I've been in once (illegally) but I tend to stand out even more than I do in China. You do, however, get a lot of North Korean migrant worker over here (there is the Korean autonomous prefecture up in Yanbian) so I've met quite a few.

The thing that gets me is how much misinformation there is floating around about the place. I'm not saying that it is some sort of utopia, it isn't, but neither is it the hell on earth it is portrayed as. I've seen documentaries that are so full of rubbish that you wonder how anyone swallows them and, in that regard, it is similar to the misconceptions that people used to hold about China.

Sebastian LOL at Flyingkiwi. Numpty.

Been have you Seb? Or are you talking out of your arse as well?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Jun 2010 23:15

lol@a nerve being inadvertantly hit. Hard.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Jun 2010 02:26

Kid brother's lived in Shangerz the last 9 years and walked right up to the border to the east of Dandong a year ago

Freaked out a kid PRK border guard when he happened upon him yards from the border and basically blurted, "'Sup dood!"

Kid soldier nervously returned the greeting and then got a verbal summons back to post a hundred and some yards farther back, and with a hint of urgency

Minutes l7r, PRC border po-po types --may've been People's Army; don't recollect with certainty-- wheeled up in a pickup truck and politely but firmly shoo'd the kid brother outta there (the old "too much stuff goin' on around here" explan7ion that you hear whenever some security guard pops up and advises you to hurry up and finish off your cig and then scram the hell out of the parking deck)

Anywas*, when he was hanging out in Dandong, a tour boat filled w/singing, waving NoKo schoolkids motored past

The locals on the Chinese side chuckled knowingly and said, "Now dig this...," and a few minutes l7r, the same boat with the same kids came cruising past

You'd've had to be there, but I guess it's a deception thing --the NoKo government want to give the impression that they've got more tour boats and happy schoolkids than in fact they've got, so they engage in this charade w/clockwork regularity and precision

What they don't know is that on the Chinese side of the Yalu, the locals are not only wise to it --they're slipping word to Western tourists

Oh, and at least North Korea never really quit playing while they were getting battered out there today

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 22 Jun 2010 02:37

floyd__streete
Thaumagurist*
TWAT

THAT WAS LIQUID FOOTBALL.

A genuine titter from a Floyd post. My life is over.