The Non - League thread

10590 posts
Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by Four Of Clubs » 27 Dec 2021 19:26

...since there are very few remaining local NL games on anyway, I may as well post up tomorrow's as is : :?

Tuesday 27th December
NAT
Dagenham & Redbridge v Aldershot Town
Eastleigh v Torquay United
Maidenhead United v Bromley
Woking v Dover Athletic
NATN
Boston United v Brackley Town
NATS
Braintree Town v Dartford
Concord Rangers v Chelmsford City
Havant & Waterlooville v Hemel Hempstead Town
Hungerford Town v Chippenham Town
Maidstone United v Welling United
Slough Town v Hampton & Richmond Borough

SSM-1
Amersham Town v London Tigers
Long Crendon v Kidlington Reserves

WESS-P
13:30 Alresford Town v Horndean

Evening Games:
CCL-PS
19:45 Knaphill v Walton & Hersham
CCL1
19:30 AFC Hayes v Bedfont & Feltham
19:45 British Airways v FC Deportivo Galicia
WESS-1
19:45 Fleet Spurs v Petersfield Town

...I'll most likely pick one from above (or two if I feel like an 'evening out' too - with an added bonus of avoiding the S-i-L 8) ).

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Dec 2021 22:52

I went to the Basingstoke game today… literally had everything.

Red card, brawls on pitch, scuffle in tunnel, amazing goal to win it, mass bundles, keeper up for corner creating havoc leading to the equaliser and Thatcham keeper wanting to scrap spectators behind the goal and went head to head with someone…

A Bank Holiday Banger

7 mins Basingstoke 0-1 Thatcham
45 mins Basingstoke 1-1 Thatcham
70 mins Basingstoke 2-1 Thatcham
83 mins Basingstoke 2-2 Thatcham
87 mins Basingstoke 3-2 Thatcham
90+5 mins Basingstoke 3-3 Thatcham
90+8 mins Basingstoke 4-3 Thatcham

Attendance 740

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 Dec 2021 08:31

Paul Merson was watching the holyport v Hanworth Villa game - there are 2 Merson’s who played for the visitors, presumably his sons. Villa looked a decent enough team. Nothing special but far to good for the home team.
1st time i have been to Sandhurst/ Bracknell set-up and i was really impressed. Great vocal support for the home team around me- lager fuelled no doubt !!.
Bracknell really impressive and i could see why they are clear at the top. Binfield at least never gave up but in all truth were never a threat all afternoon.
Reading’s Louie Holzman was watching and i had a quick chat with Jake Cooper’s Dad.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Dec 2021 11:34

Royals and Racers Paul Merson was watching the holyport v Hanworth Villa game - there are 2 Merson’s who played for the visitors, presumably his sons. Villa looked a decent enough team. Nothing special but far to good for the home team.
1st time i have been to Sandhurst/ Bracknell set-up and i was really impressed. Great vocal support for the home team around me- lager fuelled no doubt !!.
Bracknell really impressive and i could see why they are clear at the top. Binfield at least never gave up but in all truth were never a threat all afternoon.
Reading’s Louie Holzman was watching and i had a quick chat with Jake Cooper’s Dad.

Yeah, I loved that ground. It’s so well done. Benchmark for many others.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Dec 2021 13:06

For those with Twitter, search Epsom and Ewell, more shocking behaviour towards match officials with game being abandoned.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 28 Dec 2021 15:09

paultheroyal For those with Twitter, search Epsom and Ewell, more shocking behaviour towards match officials with game being abandoned.

Are they repeat offenders?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 28 Dec 2021 15:46

Went for a run along the Thames and had a look around Reading City’s ground.

Big poster for Woodley United there too. Do they play there as well?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2021 17:19

LUX Went for a run along the Thames and had a look around Reading City’s ground.

Big poster for Woodley United there too. Do they play there as well?

Yep.

(Dump, decent enough clubhouse though.)

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 Dec 2021 17:54

1300 at Maidenhead for the Bromley game- i thought there would have been more. hard earned 1-0 win against a decent Bromley team. Man of the match for me was the Mapies speedy forward Josh Kelly(22).On another day he would have scored a brace Best player for the visitors i thought was Billy Bingham(4).

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2021 18:39

Royals and Racers 1300 at Maidenhead for the Bromley game- i thought there would have been more. hard earned 1-0 win against a decent Bromley team. Man of the match for me was the Mapies speedy forward Josh Kelly(22).On another day he would have scored a brace Best player for the visitors i thought was Billy Bingham(4).

My son used to play with Josh Kelly for Old Windsor when they were 9 years old. Always a cut above the rest (several cuts tbf).

Still harbouring ambitions of a full league career. Not sure whether he is injury prone but rarely seems to get a long run of games.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 Dec 2021 19:12

Royal Rother
Royals and Racers 1300 at Maidenhead for the Bromley game- i thought there would have been more. hard earned 1-0 win against a decent Bromley team. Man of the match for me was the Mapies speedy forward Josh Kelly(22).On another day he would have scored a brace Best player for the visitors i thought was Billy Bingham(4).

My son used to play with Josh Kelly for Old Windsor when they were 9 years old. Always a cut above the rest (several cuts tbf).

Still harbouring ambitions of a full league career. Not sure whether he is injury prone but rarely seems to get a long run of games.

On that performance today would agree Josh could handle the football league, very muck like the impressive Seb Bowerman yesterday who almost single handily destroyed Binfield.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 Dec 2021 22:31

Round-up
Tuesday 27th December

Dagenham & Redbridge 1-0 Aldershot Town
Eastleigh 2-1 Torquay United
Maidenhead United 1-0 Bromley - att 1.303
- Trundled up M4 for this - arr. nice and early but still big queues in ‘Stripes’ Bar and at the bar in the opposite corner
- meant I did get a seat in the stand though, having purchased a distinctly average (this time) ‘Magpie’ Burger and Chips
- Bromley had most of the game but MUFC always looked dangerous on the counter – especially when Josh Kelly got on the ball - as well as from set-pieces
- won the game with the latter – flick in from a corner by big Nathan Blissett – though I thought there was a strong element of 'og' about the goal – doubtless he got the decisive touch that sent it over the keeper
- Gyollai (Hungarian Keeper on his debut joined 'Magpies' on a month’s loan from Peterborough) looked a tad ‘flappy’ particularly early on but stopped a few close range chances and long-range drives to keep a clean sheet and earn the much needed three points

Woking 3-2 Dover Athletic - att 2,248 'Cards' goals from Kretzschmar (pen) and a brace from Effiong
NATN
Boston United 1-3 Brackley Town
- Fylde held 2-2 at Chester but Gateshead win and move above them into 2nd , 2 points behind Saints with 2 games in hand
NATS
Braintree Town 2-2 Dartford
Concord Rangers 1-3 Chelmsford City
Havant & Waterlooville 0-0 Hemel Hempstead Town
Hungerford Town 0-3 Chippenham Town
Maidstone United 4-1 Welling United
Slough Town 4-1 Hampton & Richmond Borough – 0-0 HT - MotM Aaron Kuhl – goals from Hollis, Lench, Kuhl and Goodrham

CCL-PS
Knaphill 0-6 Walton & Hersham
CCL1
British Airways 3-4 FC Deportivo Galicia

SSM-1
Long Crendon {SEVEN} 7-4 Kidlington Reserves

WESS-1
Fleet Spurs 1-1 Petersfield Town

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Dec 2021 09:08

Four Of Clubs Round-up
Tuesday 27th December

Dagenham & Redbridge 1-0 Aldershot Town
Eastleigh 2-1 Torquay United
Maidenhead United 1-0 Bromley - att 1.303
- Trundled up M4 for this - arr. nice and early but still big queues in ‘Stripes’ Bar and at the bar in the opposite corner
- meant I did get a seat in the stand though, having purchased a distinctly average (this time) ‘Magpie’ Burger and Chips
- Bromley had most of the game but MUFC always looked dangerous on the counter – especially when Josh Kelly got on the ball - as well as from set-pieces
- won the game with the latter – flick in from a corner by big Nathan Blissett – though I thought there was a strong element of 'og' about the goal – doubtless he got the decisive touch that sent it over the keeper
- Gyollai (Hungarian Keeper on his debut joined 'Magpies' on a month’s loan from Peterborough) looked a tad ‘flappy’ particularly early on but stopped a few close range chances and long-range drives to keep a clean sheet and earn the much needed three points

Woking 3-2 Dover Athletic - att 2,248 'Cards' goals from Kretzschmar (pen) and a brace from Effiong
NATN
Boston United 1-3 Brackley Town
- Fylde held 2-2 at Chester but Gateshead win and move above them into 2nd , 2 points behind Saints with 2 games in hand
NATS
Braintree Town 2-2 Dartford
Concord Rangers 1-3 Chelmsford City
Havant & Waterlooville 0-0 Hemel Hempstead Town
Hungerford Town 0-3 Chippenham Town
Maidstone United 4-1 Welling United
Slough Town 4-1 Hampton & Richmond Borough – 0-0 HT - MotM Aaron Kuhl – goals from Hollis, Lench, Kuhl and Goodrham

CCL-PS
Knaphill 0-6 Walton & Hersham
CCL1
British Airways 3-4 FC Deportivo Galicia

SSM-1
Long Crendon {SEVEN} 7-4 Kidlington Reserves

WESS-1
Fleet Spurs 1-1 Petersfield Town

My mate went to Hungerford- 764 there.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 29 Dec 2021 09:30

The guy from Epson and Ewel FC who got sent off, went mental and punched 3 players and grabbed the referee was their player manager. He was 10 years older at least then the rest of the players and apparently played before under a fake name as was already banned once.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Dec 2021 09:57

Going on January 2nd for the first time, won a family ticket at the kids school Christmas Fayre. Where would you suggest we sit/stand?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Dec 2021 10:02

NathStPaul

Going on January 2nd for the first time, won a family ticket at the kids school Christmas Fayre. Where would you suggest we sit/stand?

I always sit in the main stand on the railway side of the ground- bar and catering will be open that side on Sunday as well. good view from the stand as well.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Dec 2021 10:03

Royals and Racers
NathStPaul

I always sit in the main stand on the railway side of the ground- bar and catering will be open that side on Sunday as well. good view from the stand as well.

Cheers pal.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Dec 2021 18:32

Donny Ironside The guy from Epson and Ewel FC who got sent off, went mental and punched 3 players and grabbed the referee was their player manager. He was 10 years older at least then the rest of the players and apparently played before under a fake name as was already banned once.

It’s now a police matter. Thug of the highest order.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Dec 2021 12:25

If anyone is desperate to see a game today Holmer Green v Risborough Rangers is on tonight KO 7.45pm

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Dec 2021 13:26

paultheroyal
Donny Ironside The guy from Epson and Ewel FC who got sent off, went mental and punched 3 players and grabbed the referee was their player manager. He was 10 years older at least then the rest of the players and apparently played before under a fake name as was already banned once.

It’s now a police matter. Thug of the highest order.

Not clear that he did actually attack the referee from the video. The Club Reporter / Historian (a really good / straight guy) certainly suggests he did not.

Penfold played a few games for Windsor 9 years ago but I don’t remember him as being burly and aggressive back then.

10590 posts