Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

England U19's in Euro Semi final

by TBM » 24 Jul 2010 20:56

A 1-1 draw was enough to seal the U19's a semi spot against Spain

Stuffed Crust Pizza

Re: England U19's in Euro Semi final

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 24 Jul 2010 22:25

Fantastic news, added to last years u21s side reaching the final of the European Championship, perhaps the future is brighter for English football. Let's just hope the current young crop don't end up like the current egotisical, money orientated, wife swapping scummers. Perhaps the FA could step in to ensure these lad's feet stay firmly rooted to the ground?

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 24 Jul 2010 22:40

Spain penalty from last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0YVhlQLtU

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Jul 2010 22:51

bobbybottler Spain penalty from last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0YVhlQLtU

Bit of a soft decision by the ref but that is one hell of a spot kick.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jul 2010 12:40

Wasn't England's youth team rather good back in the day of Defoe & Vassell playing for the U21s. I remember them dicking Holland 4-something at the mad stad.

Look how well those two have done for the national team as two of the stars on display that day.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 Jul 2010 14:09

Ian Royal Wasn't England's youth team rather good back in the day of Defoe & Vassell playing for the U21s. I remember them dicking Holland 4-something at the mad stad.

Look how well those two have done for the national team as two of the stars on display that day.

:? Defoe, the best player for us in the world cup you mean?

Just cos players "star" for a U21 team etc it doesn't mean all those players will be the future England team

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Jul 2010 14:37

Saw the game and they were very lucky. French battered them, last minute equaliser and they had too rely on the other result.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 25 Jul 2010 14:45

Stuffed Crust Pizza Fantastic news, added to last years u21s side reaching the final of the European Championship, perhaps the future is brighter for English football. Let's just hope the current young crop don't end up like the current egotisical, money orientated, wife swapping scummers. Perhaps the FA could step in to ensure these lad's feet stay firmly rooted to the ground?

Hardly fantastic news.
As the other poster said we were battered for 90 minutes before equalising in the 93rd minute.
Before that we lost to Holland and won (unconvincingly) by the odd goal of 5 v Austria.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jul 2010 16:07

TBM
Ian Royal Wasn't England's youth team rather good back in the day of Defoe & Vassell playing for the U21s. I remember them dicking Holland 4-something at the mad stad.

:? Defoe, the best player for us in the world cup you mean?

Just cos players "star" for a U21 team etc it doesn't mean all those players will be the future England team

He started two games for crying out loud. Scoring against Slovenia does not equal best player. I could push naming half a dozen players who were better. Besides even if he was the best player the standards were pretty damn low and he's down sod all else for England.

That second line... could it possibly be part of the point I was making? Oh yes, I rather think it was.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jul 2010 20:24

however good or cr4p the u19's were/are....... shamefully......Capello wasn't there to witness it

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Jul 2010 21:36

The problem is these kids won't get the chances to play top level for top flubs from a young age. The reason why the young Germans kicked on is because they played for top German clubs.

I don't think Muller's that great, he's benifitd from playing all the games for Bayern that he has.

I'm pulling stats off the top of my head by I'm pretty sure only about 40% of Prem players are English compared to La Liga where 75% are Spanish.

The government need to step in. They won't dare though, just like the FA won't challenge the Premier League.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Jul 2010 21:42

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe The problem is these kids won't get the chances to play top level for top flubs from a young age. The reason why the young Germans kicked on is because they played for top German clubs.

I don't think Muller's that great, he's benifitd from playing all the games for Bayern that he has.

I'm pulling stats off the top of my head by I'm pretty sure only about 40% of Prem players are English compared to La Liga where 75% are Spanish.

The government need to step in. They won't dare though, just like the FA won't challenge the Premier League.

As a UK taxpayer during the road to recovery I'd be disappointed if the Government got involved in the dealings of the Premiership when there are much bigger issues to contend with.

Besides, FIFA bans all footballing nations where there is political interference in the game (the way it should be IMO)

Agree with Spizz' comments above, shameful that Capello wasn't there to watch

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Jul 2010 21:48

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe The problem is these kids won't get the chances to play top level for top flubs from a young age. The reason why the young Germans kicked on is because they played for top German clubs.

Good fishing trip there but I think you will find that EU labour laws will have you in the courts before Angela Merkel wraps her lips around your member!

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Jul 2010 22:06

So what would u guys do then? Leave the Premier Leage to regulate itself.'cause they don't give a fcuk about England, they are a money making business and a very good one at that. The FA are terrified of a Prem breakaway.

People bang the drum over and over about our shortcomings. So what we gonna do?

How many more players will we lose between 18 - 22? They are the lost generation.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jul 2010 22:11

Simples (yet again)

Clubs can have as many foreign players in their squad as they like

They can only field 6 of them at any given time in league games

The young cream of the crop will eventually rise to the top by actually having first team places to aspire to

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Jul 2010 22:12

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe So what would u guys do then? Leave the Premier Leage to regulate itself.'cause they don't give a fcuk about England, they are a money making business and a very good one at that. The FA are terrified of a Prem breakaway.

People bang the drum over and over about our shortcomings. So what we gonna do?

How many more players will we lose between 18 - 22? They are the lost generation.

Have a look at the branding. I think you will see that it is the FA Premier League.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Jul 2010 22:14

It is that simple and it won't happen.

If Wilshere plays week in week out for Arsenal over the next 2 season we will have a top, top player come 2012. He wont and we wont.

TB you really think the FA have any power over The Premier League and the clubs in it?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jul 2010 22:16

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It is that simple and it won't happen.

If Wilshere plays week in week out for Arsenal over the next 2 season we will have a top, top player come 2012. He wont and we wont.

TB you really think the FA have any power over The Premier League and the clubs in it?
........and nothing will change

Just don't want to hear the same incessant bleating by the likes of TalkSport and the national press etc in 4 years time

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Jul 2010 22:41

Ha ha! The FA have sold their souls to Murdoch and co. They are probably the most appalling bunch of administrators the world has ever seen. They are right up there with the MCC. And don't get me on the abortion that is Wembley Stadium. The FA have made their bed. They can go sleep in it. And if it means that England fail to qualify for the next few major championships... then sobeit. And it will not change while the millions of us hand over our hard-earned to Murdoch and Sky.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Jul 2010 22:44

AthleticoSpizz

........and nothing will change

Just don't want to hear the same incessant bleating by the likes of TalkSport and the national press etc in 4 years time

I'd avoid all press outlets over the next 4 years if I was u then mate....