Summer additions from the relegated clubs.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Summer additions from the relegated clubs.

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2008 09:59

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe We had this thread last summer didn't we.

I'll put my neck on the line and say few un known foreigners on the cheap and a couple of low profile English players.

Coppell won't go out and by players better than what we have.

erm..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmatejovsky?

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 17 Mar 2008 10:44

Any news on when Matty Taylor's signing will be confirmed?

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 17 Mar 2008 11:37

Michael Owen
Steven Taylor
Damien Duff
James Milner
Kenny Miller
Jimmy Bullard
Simon Davies

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Mar 2008 12:04

Next season if we stay up Federici needs to come in or we need a new keeper. Pearce will hopefully emerge to marshall the defence in place of Ivar, who'll be an able sub. Rosenior, Bikey and Shorey will hopefully complete the defence.

Midfield-wise we obviously need a right winger and possibly some extra muscle in the centre of the park. Up front possibly a pacey skillful frontman who can pull a rabbit out of the hat as we don't really have any unpredictability or flair aside from Marek.

The following can all go:
Hahnemann
Gunnarsson
De La Cruz
Duberry
Halls
Brown
Bennett
Sodje
Oster
Lita

I'd like to see Murty and Little moved into coaching roles if their injury problems persist.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 17 Mar 2008 12:49

Royalee Next season if we stay up Federici needs to come in or we need a new keeper. Pearce will hopefully emerge to marshall the defence in place of Ivar, who'll be an able sub. Rosenior, Bikey and Shorey will hopefully complete the defence.

Midfield-wise we obviously need a right winger and possibly some extra muscle in the centre of the park. Up front possibly a pacey skillful frontman who can pull a rabbit out of the hat as we don't really have any unpredictability or flair aside from Marek.

Hahnemann
Gunnarsson
De La Cruz
Duberry
Halls
Brown
Bennett
Sodje
Oster
Lita

I'd like to see Murty and Little moved into coaching roles if their injury problems persist.

We should give Duberry anothetr year, as well as Hahnemann - agree with the rest

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 17 Mar 2008 16:46

Coppelled Streets

I'll put my neck on the line and say few un known foreigners on the cheap and a couple of low profile English players.

More like Coppell wont have the funds to go out and buy players better than what we have.

Matejovski is a real jem, so they are out there, but how often do they come alone is the worry. I don't see the championship chairman giving Coppell the money he needs to build, and again the worry is we need quite a few players this summer, as there's a good few that need shipping out:

De La
Sodje
Bennett
Halls
Convey?
Oster?

How on earth can you put De La Cruz on that list, let alone with no ? after his name :roll:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Mar 2008 18:22

Focher
Coppelled Streets

More like Coppell wont have the funds to go out and buy players better than what we have.

Matejovski is a real jem, so they are out there, but how often do they come alone is the worry. I don't see the championship chairman giving Coppell the money he needs to build, and again the worry is we need quite a few players this summer, as there's a good few that need shipping out:

De La
Sodje
Bennett
Halls
Convey?
Oster?

How on earth can you put De La Cruz on that list, let alone with no ? after his name :roll:

Because he is old, slow, doesn't play, and if this club is to move forward then it is players like him who need to leave

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 17 Mar 2008 20:43

Royalee Next season if we stay up Federici needs to come in or we need a new keeper. Pearce will hopefully emerge to marshall the defence in place of Ivar, who'll be an able sub. Rosenior, Bikey and Shorey will hopefully complete the defence.

Hahnemann
Gunnarsson
De La Cruz
Duberry
Halls
[b]Brown
Bennett
Sodje
Oster
Lita

According to the OS Little should be back in a reserve game this month.....

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Mar 2008 12:18

I'd love to see him play again, don't get me wrong - I just can't see it happening frequently enough given his injury problems. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong though as we miss him badly.

Either way, it'd be extremely useful to pass his incredible talent onto our youngsters - he breaks the mould of wingers having to rely on pace to crack top defences, which is very rare indeed these days.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 18 Mar 2008 12:29

What has Giles Barnes done to suggest he would be worth a few million? Bullard would be a great signing but would require an RFC rethink on its salary structure.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 Mar 2008 12:53

always been a big fan of kevin nolan

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 18 Mar 2008 13:09

cmonurz What has Giles Barnes done to suggest he would be worth a few million? Bullard would be a great signing but would require an RFC rethink on its salary structure.

He looked the dog's proverbials in the CCC but hasn't exactly shone in a bad Derby team. A decent enough squad player for us with a view to Coppell developing him.

£1m with add-ons for appearances/sell on clause would be a worthwhile investment, though I imagine a club like Wigan would double or treble that and let him rot.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Mar 2008 14:03

De La Cruz too old and slow?????

Old? he is 32 (possibly 33)
Slow? lets list who he is quicker than- Shorey, Ingimarsson, Little, Matejovsky, Oster, Murty, Gunnarsson, Convey, Hunt. (obviously i don't know the stats but thats what i reckon 8) )

Personally i think he has been incredibly unlucky not to be a regular in the side, i can't think of the last bad game he had in his limited appearances for the club.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Mar 2008 16:11

Focher De La Cruz too old and slow?????

Slow? lets list who he is quicker than- Shorey, Ingimarsson, Little, Matejovsky, Oster, Murty, Gunnarsson, Convey, Hunt. (obviously i don't know the stats but thats what i reckon 8) )

Personally i think he has been incredibly unlucky not to be a regular in the side, i can't think of the last bad game he had in his limited appearances for the club.

He is not going to improve on rosenior, he is not exactly a prospect for the future, all he does is fill up the reserves and add 15 000 onto the wage structure

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 18 Mar 2008 16:55

winchester_royal

He is not going to improve on rosenior, he is not exactly a prospect for the future, all he does is fill up the reserves and add 15 000 onto the wage structure

I'm not sure where you got £15,000 from because he isn't on that!

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 18 Mar 2008 17:09

NWL Royal Damien Duff

Yes Please!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Mar 2008 19:44

He's just turned 34.

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 20 Mar 2008 11:14

I'd take Steve Harper if the sinking ship that is Newcastle go down!

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 20 Mar 2008 16:42

Hahnemann
Gunnarsson
De La Cruz
Duberry
Halls
Brown
Bennett
Sodje
Oster
Lita

Murty a coaching role ? Do we need a coach to teach people to applaud the fans, put crosses in to the crowd and spout nonsense on the radio ?

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Mar 2008 16:43

Id also like to see:
Kevin nolan
jimmy bullard
simon davies
Heskey
Valencia
Koumas
Owen
Martins
Steven Taylor
Milner