SPECULATION - Players Leaving/Staying

203 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: SPECULATION - Players Leaving

by Hoop Blah » 12 May 2008 16:33

andrew1957 If you read my earlier post you will see that what I was saying is that unless we get a good offer I think it is unlikely he will go. Clearly "if" he does well at the Euros and we got a £5M offer we would most likely sell.

Sorry, just to be clear, I was disagreeing that £5m would be cheap for a player we spent just over £1m on just 3 and a bit months ago.

Especially one that failed to make much of an impact in those 3 short months.

If we got a £3m offer for him we'd take it.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 May 2008 16:33

just read the article properly, and yes, its all bollox
mainly due to teh two points stated above

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 12 May 2008 16:49

Hoop Blah
andrew1957 If you read my earlier post you will see that what I was saying is that unless we get a good offer I think it is unlikely he will go. Clearly "if" he does well at the Euros and we got a £5M offer we would most likely sell.

Sorry, just to be clear, I was disagreeing that £5m would be cheap for a player we spent just over £1m on just 3 and a bit months ago.

Especially one that failed to make much of an impact in those 3 short months.

If we got a £3m offer for him we'd take it.

I really doubt we would take just £3M unless the player made it very clear he wanted to go. I think Matejovsky could be an important player for us next year and we are more likely to sell others before him.

At the end of the day who knows. I will try and be patient now - stop speculating but whatever happens I am still looking forward to next season.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 May 2008 18:54

andrew1957
Hoop Blah If we got a £3m offer for him we'd take it.

I really doubt we would take just £3M unless the player made it very clear he wanted to go.

So what do you think will happen if a Premiership team makes an offer? :|

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Who will Stay?

by Uke » 12 May 2008 21:27

Polishing up my RTGs - lets see which players publically pledge to stay rather than phone their agent...

First one out of the blocks is USA (surprise, surprise!)

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ows_marcus

Hahnemann put a brave face on the disaster by declaring: “I’m going to be here, I’m sure of that, I have another year on my contract.

“And I want to get this team back in the Premier League and do whatever it takes.”

WTF voted for Stephen Hunt?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who will Stay?

by Big Ern » 12 May 2008 21:46

Great! Yet another thread on this

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 May 2008 21:51

Which thread is about who stays? (apart from team for the Championship)

and which players are actually saying they will stay.

Did Murts say that on BBCRB?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 May 2008 21:58

eh eh, calm down, calm down

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 12 May 2008 22:00

I expect some to leave. But i would be most gutted if Kitson or Harper left.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 May 2008 22:02

Big Ern eh eh, calm down, calm down

Now you're making me cross!

allwite123

by allwite123 » 12 May 2008 22:04

just a small video from derby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opEMlJ8r3So

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 12 May 2008 22:06

Stay - Hahnemann, Rosenior, Murty, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Duberry, Cisse, Bikey, Little, Harper, Matejovsky (unless he has a good Euro 08), Convey, Gunnarsson, Oster, Kebe, Kitson (maybe gone in January), Long, DLC, Halls :roll:, young players

Go - Shorey (to be West Ham's 2nd choice left back), Lita (Brizzle if they go up), Hunt (Sunderland), Doyle (Sunderland), Matejovsky if he plays lots and plays well at Euro 08, any deadwood such as Bennett, Sodje, Brown

Add a couple of decent signings and that's a decent team to challenge for promotion, but not to re-establish ourselves in the Premiership. And there's the problem - we will never establish ourselves in the top flight with Madejski in charge, and probably won't sell the club unless in the top flight for a couple of seasons. Catch-22 unless Madejski either decides to invest or by some miracle a QPR-style bid comes in, we had our best chance this season and if we don't use parachute payments wisely then the gap will get even bigger.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 12 May 2008 22:09

Kingsley.

Loyal Roarayl

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 May 2008 22:10

cheeryoleary Kingsley.

Loyal Roarayl

But he's not been himself since December

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 May 2008 22:15

earleyroyal Stay - Hahnemann, Rosenior, Murty, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Duberry, Cisse, Bikey, Little, Harper, Matejovsky (unless he has a good Euro 08), Convey, Gunnarsson, Oster, Kebe, Kitson (maybe gone in January), Long, DLC, Halls :roll:, young players

Go - Shorey (to be West Ham's 2nd choice left back), Lita (Brizzle if they go up), Hunt (Sunderland), Doyle (Sunderland), Matejovsky if he plays lots and plays well at Euro 08, any deadwood such as Bennett, Sodje, Brown

Add a couple of decent signings and that's a decent team to challenge for promotion, but not to re-establish ourselves in the Premiership. And there's the problem - we will never establish ourselves in the top flight with Madejski in charge, and probably won't sell the club unless in the top flight for a couple of seasons. Catch-22 unless Madejski either decides to invest or by some miracle a QPR-style bid comes in, we had our best chance this season and if we don't use parachute payments wisely then the gap will get even bigger.

Rosenior and Matejovsky will definately be gone

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 May 2008 22:30

John Madejski's Wallet
earleyroyal Stay - Hahnemann, Rosenior, Murty, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Duberry, Cisse, Bikey, Little, Harper, Matejovsky (unless he has a good Euro 08), Convey, Gunnarsson, Oster, Kebe, Kitson (maybe gone in January), Long, DLC, Halls :roll:, young players

Rosenior and Matejovsky will definately be gone

Heard a swap is on rosenior for seol

elrey

by elrey » 12 May 2008 22:33

I don't know about rosenior and Matejovsky, if coppel can convince them they might stay, not sure who is going to want either of them, yes they are okay premiership players and the teams going up might be sniffing around, but enough for them to leave? Neither has really proven themselves as being good enough to change a team around, we still got kicked with them in the team and that is with a good manager, someone worse than coppell will do what?

Personally i am excited about the youth talent we have that with hunt, shorey and doyle probably going will allow them to come to the fore, shane long to become a legend? Lita might come on a bit if he stays, big if, golbourne, henry, pearce coming through, federici playing a lot more in goal. Just need that centre midfield, harper might stay, not good enough to keep us up, and if Matejovsky stays we have a chance to see what they can do together in the championship, take us back up and do it better in the premiership.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 12 May 2008 22:35

COPPELL

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

Re: SPECULATION - Players Leaving/Staying

by papereyes » 12 May 2008 23:24

At least Long will get that season in the Championship that he's really needed.

tom_t69

Re: SPECULATION - Players Leaving/Staying

by tom_t69 » 13 May 2008 07:51

Players to leave:
Marek
Hunt
Shorey
Henry

203 posts