RUMOUR - Hunt to Sunderland (again)

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Hunt to Sunderland (again)

by andrew1957 » 12 May 2008 14:21

W&E Royal 10 Mill for Doyle & Hunt apparentlly according to the sunderland echo :shock:

Done.[/quote]

I would definitely accept £5M for Hunt but think that Doyle is worth far more than that. I really hope Doyle stays.

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 12 May 2008 15:30

andrew1957
W&E Royal 10 Mill for Doyle & Hunt apparentlly according to the sunderland echo :shock:

Done.

I would definitely accept £5M for Hunt but think that Doyle is worth far more than that. I really hope Doyle stays.[/quote]
as much as i like doyle, and think hes probably worth a bit more than 5 mil, it wouldnt be to harsh if we lost him over the summer, so long as we held onto lita and kitson

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 12 May 2008 19:47

stl_royal
andrew1957

Done.

I would definitely accept £5M for Hunt but think that Doyle is worth far more than that. I really hope Doyle stays.

as much as i like doyle, and think hes probably worth a bit more than 5 mil, it wouldnt be to harsh if we lost him over the summer, so long as we held onto lita and kitson[/quote]

It needs to be structured so that it is £10m for Hunt and nothing for Doyle, to get round the sell on clause with Cork City for Doyle.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 12 May 2008 20:07

Now we're down I can see Sunderland putting in a bid of £3m and us accepting it.

January prices were inflated and Keane was trying to buy his way out of trouble, which he of course did.

Oh how we laughed :|

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 May 2008 10:37

rotherwick_royal Now we're down I can see Sunderland putting in a bid of £3m and us accepting it.

January prices were inflated and Keane was trying to buy his way out of trouble, which he of course did.

Oh how we laughed :|

Even more so because we went and gave Hunt a massive pay rise. We won't want to be lumbered with his wages now. There was a rumour that he had some clause allowing him to be sold for £x million if we got relegated though so it probably depends what fee would trigger that.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 13 May 2008 15:07

5 million is more than fair for doyle

ten mil for the pair i would be over the moon

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 May 2008 15:17

juanpablo 5 million is more than fair for doyle

Is it when you consider Sunderland paid over £5m each for Chopra and Jones who both had less experience and goals than Doyle has?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 13 May 2008 16:12

£5m does seem cheap.

But I bet there's a lot of people of the opinion Doyle has been found out at this level.

Can't see anyone paying more than £5m for any of our players to be honest.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 May 2008 16:19

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe £5m does seem cheap.

But I bet there's a lot of people of the opinion Doyle has been found out at this level.

He may have gone a long time between goals but in that period how many chances did he miss? The answer is not many. I think the whole team was found out and not just Doyle.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 13 May 2008 16:48

£5m is LOLable for Doyle.

£10m is ROFLable for the both of them.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 May 2008 17:57

I'll miss Hunt when he goes, no one to moan at. Oh well, what i won't miss is a) numerous abysmal crosses b) limited skill levels c) tap ins missed and d) mongs voting him POTY.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 13 May 2008 18:06

Coppelled Streets

£5m is LOLable for Doyle.

£10m is ROFLable for the both of them.

id have doyle maybe around 7 and hunt at 3

i think 10 is fair

John Peel

by John Peel » 14 May 2008 18:43

Losing these two wouldn't be the end of the world. Not as much as Kitson or Lita. And despite the last few months, Shorey would be a massive loss. Sorry but it's true. Just look at the stats for total number of goals scored and assists this season. More than any other defender in the Prem!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 17 May 2008 03:31

John Peel Losing these two wouldn't be the end of the world.

Agree.

I always seem to worry more about attacking players leaving than defenders. :oops:

Hunt can oxf*rd off, especially if 4 million plus is on the table. The gypsy is not going to like living up there. Let him find out the hard way.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 17 May 2008 07:40

John Peel Losing these two wouldn't be the end of the world. Not as much as Kitson or Lita. And despite the last few months, Shorey would be a massive loss. Sorry but it's true. Just look at the stats for total number of goals scored and assists this season. More than any other defender in the Prem!

thats because he takes corners and free kicks, assists from open play are more relevant, ?

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 17 May 2008 09:46

The 17 Bus
John Peel Losing these two wouldn't be the end of the world. Not as much as Kitson or Lita. And despite the last few months, Shorey would be a massive loss. Sorry but it's true. Just look at the stats for total number of goals scored and assists this season. More than any other defender in the Prem!

thats because he takes corners and free kicks, assists from open play are more relevant, ?

I think its more important to look at the number of goals we scored - and forget about who created them!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 May 2008 12:11

The 17 Bus

Yes, there are more ways to measure influence than just those two stats - but our whole style of play would have to be change in some ways - apart from the big hoof from Marcus onto a defender's head or out of play, our main distribution from the back is through NS. For the best part of 7 years he's been the main outlet for the keeper and he's been the one taking responsibility for how we go forward from there - that's got to be a loss.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 17 May 2008 16:04

Wycombe Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe £5m does seem cheap.

He may have gone a long time between goals but in that period how many chances did he miss? The answer is not many. I think the whole team was found out and not just Doyle.
any team whose style revolves around wingers, who plays with at best one decent winger at any stage of the season will be "found out"

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 25 May 2008 07:26

news of the world today says that dean whitehead will be used as part exchange in a deal

jonboy

by jonboy » 25 May 2008 10:25

jonboy29red news of the world today says that dean whitehead will be used as part exchange in a deal

That could be true - Coppell was after Dean a couple of seasons ago